What are you getting your 11 year old boy for Christmas?

The Percy Jackson, Fablehaven, Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Also, Holes and Tunnels are good books for boys that age. Razor Ripstik boards, snow boards, accessories for snow boarding. itunes gift cards, the new ipod nano. The Nintendo DSI.

Authentic football jerseys are good. A huge hit with my boys is NFL Fatheads-those gigantic peel and stick things for their walls-you can get football helmets, players, cheerleaders, cartoon characters, Star Wars characters. Around Christmas time they usually have a buy one, get one 50% off offer too. They work amazingly well.

My 'just turned 12' year old is getting an XBOX 360 Elite for Christmas along with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book (he has the first couple already). He doesn't ask for much and already has a laptop and a phone, so not sure what else to get him right now...

I also recommend the "flip" type of video camera. Last year my son got the RCA Small Wonder and he and his friends have so much fun with movies to youtube and emails to gramma...

This year we bought our son a new guitar (good one) with some instructional videos..I know he will love this as he has been taking lessons for a couple of years on and off and his guitar was a junior size..now this one is an adult size. Was thinking he would love a foosball table or ping pong table but need to figure where I am gonna put it!

This year we are getting my son a membership to the zoo and a membership to the Field Museum. I am really tired of finding his video games, DS, camera, legos, etc etc under his bed or in the closet. Nothing tangible this year, just lots of great family time together at places he enjoys going to.

I'm jumping in late here, but I need ideas too!!! My DS is 10 -

The one thing I've gotten so far is the Itouch - he's been wanting that for months.

IF I can get any - I'm going to get Saints tickets for either Dallas or Tampa Bay - he'd totally freak!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

He LOVES the diary of a wimpy kid books, legos, and he's asked for fatheads too!! Oh, over the summer I got him a subscription to SI kids, and he really loves that. I'm going to get that for my neph. for christmas, he's 10 also. He also has the lego mag. subscription - he loves getting the little sets.

I have no idea what a flip is?? I'll have to check that out. I was considering a video camera of his own, he loves to make lego movies and uses my old camera....

Any more ideas?????

This year I have a 10yo and a 12yo boys, I've enjoyed reading everyone's suggestions.

My kids love The Encyclopedia of Immaturity and Klutz has a second one out now, The Encyclopedia of Immaturity Volume 2 (it looks the same, but has a blue cover) so my 12yo is getting that. My 10yo will get the 2 39 Clues books he's missing.

What we've gotten in the past are: ipod, nice skateboard, video games, sports jerseys and memorabelia, and dvds. My boys wouldn't be happy getting clothes, either.

This year they're asking for: a ripstik, video games, ipod (one doesn't have one), cell phone, U-create music maker (I don't know about this one, it's new this year), Mindflex, Itunes gift card, and a digital camera.

Oh! I forgot to add -- I'm telling all dh's family to get ds11 I-tunes gift cards. He loves music, and I think that's a pretty good standard gift for the tween/teen set.

And one other "experience" my ds loves -- a gift certificate to do laser tag. I make it a "bring a friend", so it's more fun.

Maria :upsidedow

DS9 loves the Percy Jackson books. He has all the whimpy kid books. He also asked for:

digital camera
ipod nano
ipod dock
custom titans jersey w/ his name and #
under armour stuff
crocs blitzen
connect 4x4

That was just some of the stuff on his list...obviously won't get everything but we'll pick and choose.

Oh! I forgot to add -- I'm telling all dh's family to get ds11 I-tunes gift cards. He loves music, and I think that's a pretty good standard gift for the tween/teen set.

And one other "experience" my ds loves -- a gift certificate to do laser tag. I make it a "bring a friend", so it's more fun.

Oooh, laser tag, that's a great idea!! I had forgotten about that :thumbsup2

This is also a wonderful age to start an instrument. Maybe a guitar or drums- if your ears can tolerate it!

My DS is 11 and he has asked for Playmobil Egyptian sets (like the pyramid). He and his 3 cousins (ages 8, 11 & 13) still play all the time with Playmobil.

Great ideas everyone, thanks. I have a 11 y/o turning 12 at Thanksgiving. Our WDW trip is his birthday present, but even he doesn't know what he wants for Christmas. I have been asking him for the past few days now. All he has come up with so far is a trampoline.

I love the toolbox idea and will be checking out the netbook options for him, it may be time for that.

Mine is a snowboarder, so I was thinking about getting him a gift card for a lift ticket or two. He is also a drummer and is asking for a set, but I am not sure my ears (or neighbors) can handle that.

Great ideas, thanks and keep them coming.

Ooooh! I had another one.

Oldest DS got an Archery set when he turned 12. A real one not the cheapy plastic thing with suction cups. That was a huge hit. Got it from Bass Pro Shops. The great thing about it is it has to be used with an adult so it gets DH out there with them.

Can the netbooks connect to the internet and can they play games on them? My ds is always using our one and only computer for his gifted class stuff...it would be nice if he had his own one to use!

Can the netbooks connect to the internet and can they play games on them? My ds is always using our one and only computer for his gifted class stuff...it would be nice if he had his own one to use!

We are getting an adaptor so our house will have wifi, and then he'll be able to use the netbook anywhere in the house, making it alot more portable. My dh found out about this and is in charge, so I don't really have the details, other than he told me it's much less expensive than buying a full computer, and is not an additional charge to our current bundle of cable, phone and Internet.

I do know what you mean! ds had to make a powerpoint presentation to give his religion class last week (who knew 6th grade was so technologically advanced!), and he was seriously cutting into my DIS time!

They can connect to the Internet, and they can definitely play games!

The netbook is as much for him as us :rolleyes1

If anyone is looking for another book series for boys, check out the 39 Clues books. They come with clue cards and you can register online for missions and more clues. 6 books in the series so far. My DS is hooked! You can actually win prizes online too. It appears tobe a responsible site so far. He couldn't continue w/o my permission through email and all email will come through me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter