What’s for dinner?

It’s my turn to make dinner for my 92 year old mother-in-law tonight, my sister-in-law (who watches her all day and stays for dinner) and my husband of course. So I’m making salmon patties, buttered noodles and mixed vegetables. I’ll send that out the door with my husband, who will be spending the night there. They watch her 24/7. I choose not to eat with them because I have never in 40 years of marriage been able to tolerate my mother-in-law. I’ll probably throw a frozen pizza in the oven for myself.

DD29's birthday dinner tonight:
Korean BBQ beef (bulgogi), Korean BBQ spicy pork, Korean glass noodle dish (japchae), rice, and side dishes: soy bean sprouts, spinach, spicy dried squid, radish kimchi, napa cabbage kimchi (and if I get around to it, potato side dish and sweet anchovy side dish, but I don't think it will happen). Also, individual ice cream cakes for dessert (never again--omg, I have no spatial sense and they came out too tall and they lean a little.)

DD29's birthday dinner tonight:
Korean BBQ beef (bulgogi), Korean BBQ spicy pork, Korean glass noodle dish (japchae), rice, and side dishes: soy bean sprouts, spinach, spicy dried squid, radish kimchi, napa cabbage kimchi (and if I get around to it, potato side dish and sweet anchovy side dish, but I don't think it will happen). Also, individual ice cream cakes for dessert (never again--omg, I have no spatial sense and they came out too tall and they lean a little.)
Sounds delicious! Happy Birthday to your DD. :cake:
Kabsa chicken
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/216889/al-kabsa-traditional-saudi-rice-and-chicken/
I used brown basmati rice and lime juice as substitutes in the recipe. 😋
I'm going to have to remember to try that sometime.

I did a lot of cooking for an event this weekend and I'm pretty cooked-out. :faint:
I faked a casserole with a box of scalloped potato mix, 1/2lb of ground beef, some onion and shredded cheese. It's in the oven now and I'll toss together some cucumber and tomatoes with balsamic dressing and the rest of the red onion. We've got lots of beautiful seasonal fruit for dessert and a very uncommon package of store-bought cookies that I needed for a recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter