Were back :(

Anjel1310

Earning My Ears
We flew with Delta from Heathrow to detroit,then on to Miami.
Can't fault the flight,crew or food.
Picked up our car from Alamo, again no problems, then walked out side and the heat hit us even thou by now it was 5.30.
We were staying in Fort Lauderdale, about 50 minute drive from Miami Airport, drive was fine, little busy given the time we left, and I think 2 small tolls.
We drove straight to a Walmart about 10 mins from our hotel,to get some supplies, I had made sure our room had a microwave and fridge.
Finally checked in around 8, cant believe my 3 year old daughter was still on her legs.
Room was fine, 2 double beds, seperate bathroom, fantastic a/c and the rate of $49.95 per night included breakfast.
The hotel was 4 miles from Deerfield beach, 10 minutes from Festival Flea market and 30 mins from sawgrass mills.
After getting up around 6.30, we went for breakfast,which was lovely, today we had planned Festival Flea market and shopping in the morning,then on to the beach.
Have to say we were not impressed with Festival Flea Market, but found a brilliant T.J.Maxx.
Drove to Deerfield Beach, paid $7.00 parking for 4 hours, brilliant!
The beach has a lovely pier,which apparently is very good to fish from, one side of the pier was for surfers and the other side was for bathers.
The sea was lovely and calm and we spent about 3 hours here, we all caught the sun.
Afterwards we had a leisurely stroll over to the local shops to get a few soverniers, then back to the hotel.
I had brought a small cold bag, frozen some bottled water and Capri suns for the beach, taking along fruit and snacks.
Back at the hotel we had sandwiches, Sugerbaked ham and monteray jack cheese..lovely.
In bed for around nine as early start tomorrow.

I do have photos and if someone could tell me how to post them I would be happy to do so.:thumbsup2

Welcome home, Anjel. Would love to hear more about your trip, especially as it sounds a bit different from the norm. If you're up to doing a trip report, we have a dedicated board here.

To include photos, you'll first need to upload them to a hosting site. Photobucket is very easy to use. Once you've uploaded your photos, it's simply a case of copying the IMG code beneath each photo and pasting it into your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter