• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well imagine my surprise!June 2009 PTRw/pics 7/7 pg. 76 NEW TR started link on pg. 76

Hey!!! I am finally here!!

Man, 2 whole weeks!! How cool!!

Ok Good!!:thumbsup2

Your post has me cracking up!:rotfl: You have to open the eyes of all Tennessee residents to the joy of eberything Disney!!:thumbsup2 The ADR mess basically breaks down like this.............As of now you can only book restaurants up to March 22. There is currently no 180 day window. On 12/22 they will open the window back up to 180 days sooooooooooooooo.......what that means is that anyone arriving from 3/23 until June 20 can call on 12/23 and book their ADR'S:scared1: That is a TON of people calling Disney Dining! I get to call the next day on 12/23 because that is when our 180 day window opens! I have 23 ADR's to make:eek: I hope I get them all! Send some pixie dust my way!:thumbsup2

pixiedust: Sending you tons of pixie dust! I think you will be able to get the ADR's you want. I was thinking maybe it is better this way since alot of people with dates up to the 20th will be calling right on Dec 22. Of course they can book for the whole week if staying on site. But other than the Dining line be realy congested you should be fine. Hope you were able to book SSR and get what you want this morning.

23 ADR's!!!:scared1: Wow!! I can't call until 12/31 but I'm only making like 2 or 3, so hopefully I won't have such a problem.

:rotfl: stay tuned, that amount hass now gone up to 28!:scared1:

Pixie dust for tomorrow!!! :pixiedust:

Thanks Jackie!:goodvibes

Good Luck!!!!

Thank you!:goodvibes

Hey!!! I am finally here!!

Man, 2 whole weeks!! How cool!!

WELCOME!!:yay: Glad you are here!:goodvibes

pixiedust: Sending you tons of pixie dust! I think you will be able to get the ADR's you want. I was thinking maybe it is better this way since alot of people with dates up to the 20th will be calling right on Dec 22. Of course they can book for the whole week if staying on site. But other than the Dining line be realy congested you should be fine. Hope you were able to book SSR and get what you want this morning.

Thanks Nichole! I hop that they actually open it a day or 2 before the 22nd BUT that doesn't look to promising!:confused3

Good luck today! :goodvibes

Thanks Carissa!:goodvibes

Hope you get all the meals you want!

Thanks Laura! I hope you enjoy your last week before going back to work! You'll have to post a pic. of baby Luke, would love to see him!!:goodvibes

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the pixie dust!!:thumbsup2

So at exactly 9:05 this morning I called DVC member services to make our ressie and I was told that the wait time was 10 minutes to speak to a representative:scared1: After about 15 minutes I finally get on the line with someone. I told the CM that I wanted to make the ressie for SSR in a studio arriving on June 21st. Well you can only book 7 nights, so she said I have to call back on Monday and make a ressie for the final 3 nights. So it is official, we are booked for right now in a studio from 6/21-6/28 and I will call on Mon. for our final 3 nights. The other thing that was different was that because we were using our "bonus" points for this ressie, they process it differently and I will get our confirmation # via e-mail instead of directly over the phone:confused3 The other thing that kind of bummed me out was that I can't make any requests until I get the confirmation #. The bottom line is we got a ressie!:thumbsup2

Another new development.................when we check out of SSR on 7/1 we were going to just pay OOP for each meal but Bryan says we should just do the regular dining plan for those 4 nights:rolleyes1 So guess what! 5 more ADR'S / restaurants will be added to the list! Now we are at a grand total of 28 ADR'S!:scared1:

We also need to decide what to do on the 4th of July! Definitely looking to avoid major crowds but would still like to see fireworks. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone ever eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe? How is it? How long is the wait once you check in? I think we would like to try it but have read negative reviews on the wait times!:confused3

Thanks for your help!:goodvibes

Wow! 28 ADR's!!! I am soooo jealous!!! :rotfl2: Kind of crazy you have to keep calling back to get what you need...:confused3 I've heard WCC is a great place to eat, with all those ADR's available, you should try it!! :thumbsup2

We went on the 4th July to MK this year, and we honestly didn't have to wait anymore than about 15minutes for every ride we wanted to go on, we got on all the big rides, albeit some with fast passes, and lots of the littler ones, we were so suprised! The fireworks were amazing too. Definately well worth seeing!! :thumbsup2
as for the 28 ADR's I pity the person that's sitting on the other end of the phone when you're making them all!! :rotfl:

Diane,
Excited for you and your reservation at SSR!

We ate at WCC when we stayed at the WL... we did not even have reservations and did not wait long, DH put our name in when it opened. Plus the lobby is fun to explore so I think even with a little wait time you could keep busy. Plus I think your family would enjoy the meal, it is fun!

Thanks too for the well wishes... I am not overly excited to go back, but teaching half day is good, so I will be okay. If only we had a better sleeper!

Diane, so glad that you got part of your reservation!

28 ADRs! Wow! Sounds like you could pretty much eat at every restaurant on Disney property ;).

Hey Diane - congrats on the ressies. :)

We've eaten at WCC and hardly had to wait at all. We usually eat fairly early though (reservation was probably for 5 p.m. or so). We all got the skillet to share and we loved it. I've heard lots of negative reviews, but we're not one of those.

28 ADRs - holy smokes! ;)

Wow! so exciting! two weeks would be heaven! Good luck and let us know how you do with the other part on Monday! :)

Wow! 28 ADR's!!! I am soooo jealous!!! :rotfl2: Kind of crazy you have to keep calling back to get what you need...:confused3 I've heard WCC is a great place to eat, with all those ADR's available, you should try it!! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! I think we will give WCC a try!:thumbsup2

We went on the 4th July to MK this year, and we honestly didn't have to wait anymore than about 15minutes for every ride we wanted to go on, we got on all the big rides, albeit some with fast passes, and lots of the littler ones, we were so suprised! The fireworks were amazing too. Definately well worth seeing!! :thumbsup2
as for the 28 ADR's I pity the person that's sitting on the other end of the phone when you're making them all!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Whoever gets my call that day will be thrilled when the call is over!!:thumbsup2

Diane,
Excited for you and your reservation at SSR!

We ate at WCC when we stayed at the WL... we did not even have reservations and did not wait long, DH put our name in when it opened. Plus the lobby is fun to explore so I think even with a little wait time you could keep busy. Plus I think your family would enjoy the meal, it is fun!

Thanks too for the well wishes... I am not overly excited to go back, but teaching half day is good, so I will be okay. If only we had a better sleeper!

Thanks for the info on WCC Laura! I think we will go ahead and give it a try!:thumbsup2 I hope Luke changes his sleeping habits for you over the next few days!:goodvibes

Diane, so glad that you got part of your reservation!

28 ADRs! Wow! Sounds like you could pretty much eat at every restaurant on Disney property ;).

Thanks Jackie! Yes, it sure does feel like we will try every restaurant!:rotfl:

Hey Diane - congrats on the ressies. :)

We've eaten at WCC and hardly had to wait at all. We usually eat fairly early though (reservation was probably for 5 p.m. or so). We all got the skillet to share and we loved it. I've heard lots of negative reviews, but we're not one of those.

28 ADRs - holy smokes! ;)

Thanks Carissa! I am going to schedule WCC based on all the great responses I got!:goodvibes

Wow! so exciting! two weeks would be heaven! Good luck and let us know how you do with the other part on Monday! :)

Thanks Dana! We really are so excited for this trip! It will be nice to relax some, mixed in with the parks!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Congrats on getting the first part of your ressie:cool1:

I hear downtown disney puts on a good show for 4th of July or I would try Epcot, as they handle larger crowds better

We at Whispering Canyon. My husband was not impressed. I enjoyed it. He did not care for the skillet as you got hardly anything

Trent loved the waiting area, which consists of Lincoln Logs. Kids have a blast playing there, which would be nice if you happen to encounter a long wait

With that many adrs, I would give it a shot

:thumbsup2 Congrats on getting the first part of your ressie:cool1:

I hear downtown disney puts on a good show for 4th of July or I would try Epcot, as they handle larger crowds better

We at Whispering Canyon. My husband was not impressed. I enjoyed it. He did not care for the skillet as you got hardly anything

Trent loved the waiting area, which consists of Lincoln Logs. Kids have a blast playing there, which would be nice if you happen to encounter a long wait

With that many adrs, I would give it a shot

Thanks for all the tips Kelly! I think we will give WCC a try!:thumbsup2

HOLY CRAP!!! 28 ressies?? You go girl.

:rotfl2:

Congrats on your ressies!!!

We've only eaten bfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's good and the service is even better.

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the pixie dust!!:thumbsup2

So at exactly 9:05 this morning I called DVC member services to make our ressie and I was told that the wait time was 10 minutes to speak to a representative:scared1: After about 15 minutes I finally get on the line with someone. I told the CM that I wanted to make the ressie for SSR in a studio arriving on June 21st. Well you can only book 7 nights, so she said I have to call back on Monday and make a ressie for the final 3 nights. So it is official, we are booked for right now in a studio from 6/21-6/28 and I will call on Mon. for our final 3 nights. The other thing that was different was that because we were using our "bonus" points for this ressie, they process it differently and I will get our confirmation # via e-mail instead of directly over the phone:confused3 The other thing that kind of bummed me out was that I can't make any requests until I get the confirmation #. The bottom line is we got a ressie!:thumbsup2

Another new development.................when we check out of SSR on 7/1 we were going to just pay OOP for each meal but Bryan says we should just do the regular dining plan for those 4 nights:rolleyes1 So guess what! 5 more ADR'S / restaurants will be added to the list! Now we are at a grand total of 28 ADR'S!:scared1:

We also need to decide what to do on the 4th of July! Definitely looking to avoid major crowds but would still like to see fireworks. Any suggestions? Also, has anyone ever eaten at Whispering Canyon Cafe? How is it? How long is the wait once you check in? I think we would like to try it but have read negative reviews on the wait times!:confused3

Thanks for your help!:goodvibes
Congratulations!!!!!:cool1: I didn't know about that 7 day thing, that stinks, looks like I'll be calling 2 x's next week too! We are still wondering what to do on the 4th also, no clue!!! Tim wants to do the parks, if we do I'm thinking the only one I'd want to do is Epcot because it's more spread out but it will still be a madhouse. The pics I've seen of the fireworks at MK from the Poly beach look amazing and I'd be happy doing that. Fireworks cruises are CRAZY expensive that night, around 600+ for the normal cruise.
We LOVE WCC, we go every year, did you see that in my TR last year? tim rode the horse around the restaraunt, great fun!!!
Lesley

I've been following along since your MK park opening, great TR's. Congratulations on DVC!
You asked about WCC so I thought I'd post.
We did WCC last year and it was one of our favorite meals. We really loved the food. My DH went on and on about it. He got the skillet. But my DS (7 at the time) had the most fun. The waiter at the table next to us started with him from the time we came in. My son loved it. He asked us if he could blow his straw paper at the waiter. We said, well, normally you can't but here you can. (They throw napkins and straws your way when they seat you). After that the waiter was like, ok kid, pretend there's an imaginary wall right here.:rotfl: Then he kept doing the eye motion, like I got my eye on you. This went on back and forth throughout our meal. Then he came back with the wooden box with bars down it that had "Canyon Jail" written on the bottom and set it on the table in front of my son. :rotfl2: He was laughing so hard he couldn't stand it. Made for a great pic. We did the ketchup thing too, when we were done, DH, DS and DD took all the bottles to the next "screamer." It is a somewhat loud restaurant, but tons of fun. :thumbsup2 We were seated very quickly, maybe 5 minutes, but seamed less as we were checking out the beautiful lobby at WL.
We leave this Friday for our first trip to the world during the holidays.:santa: We're so excited.:banana:
Look forward to reading your TR. Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter