Well imagine my surprise!June 2009 PTRw/pics 7/7 pg. 76 NEW TR started link on pg. 76

Congrats on your ressies!!!

We've only eaten bfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's good and the service is even better.

Thank you! Glad you like WCC we are going to give it a try!:goodvibes

Congratulations!!!!!:cool1: I didn't know about that 7 day thing, that stinks, looks like I'll be calling 2 x's next week too! We are still wondering what to do on the 4th also, no clue!!! Tim wants to do the parks, if we do I'm thinking the only one I'd want to do is Epcot because it's more spread out but it will still be a madhouse. The pics I've seen of the fireworks at MK from the Poly beach look amazing and I'd be happy doing that. Fireworks cruises are CRAZY expensive that night, around 600+ for the normal cruise.
We LOVE WCC, we go every year, did you see that in my TR last year? tim rode the horse around the restaraunt, great fun!!!
Lesley

Yes, I will be calling back tomorrow morning! I do remember your TR and your WCC meal! It was hysterical! We are going to go ahead and book it! As for the 4th of July, I think the Poly beach might be our destination! I think we might just do counter service from the Poly and then hang out on the beach:cloud9: :cloud9: If we don't do that, we might do Epcot:scared: we'll see!:goodvibes

I've been following along since your MK park opening, great TR's. Congratulations on DVC!
You asked about WCC so I thought I'd post.
We did WCC last year and it was one of our favorite meals. We really loved the food. My DH went on and on about it. He got the skillet. But my DS (7 at the time) had the most fun. The waiter at the table next to us started with him from the time we came in. My son loved it. He asked us if he could blow his straw paper at the waiter. We said, well, normally you can't but here you can. (They throw napkins and straws your way when they seat you). After that the waiter was like, ok kid, pretend there's an imaginary wall right here.:rotfl: Then he kept doing the eye motion, like I got my eye on you. This went on back and forth throughout our meal. Then he came back with the wooden box with bars down it that had "Canyon Jail" written on the bottom and set it on the table in front of my son. :rotfl2: He was laughing so hard he couldn't stand it. Made for a great pic. We did the ketchup thing too, when we were done, DH, DS and DD took all the bottles to the next "screamer." It is a somewhat loud restaurant, but tons of fun. :thumbsup2 We were seated very quickly, maybe 5 minutes, but seamed less as we were checking out the beautiful lobby at WL.
We leave this Friday for our first trip to the world during the holidays.:santa: We're so excited.:banana:
Look forward to reading your TR. Thanks for sharing.

WELCOME BACK!! Thanks for the wonderful, detailed review of WCC! We would love to see the World over the holidays! Have a GREAT trip!!:thumbsup2

I have spent the better part of this afternoon revamping our dining choices! It has been hard tracking credits and matching the restaurants up with the right park! Let's just hope that when Tour Guide Mike releases his charts, I guessed right! I also hope the 180 day ADR window opens up fully when they said it would on 12/22!:thumbsup2 Here we go...

June 21 Arrival Day(Father's Day)
Dinner - Kona Cafe

June 22 Day 1
B-Cape May Cafe*
L-Teppan Edo*
D-LeCellier

June 23 Day 2
B-Tusker House
D-Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) might do Chefs De France instead

June 24 Day 3
B-Crystal Palace
L-Liberty Tree Tavern*
D-Ohana

June 25 Day 4
B-Tusker House(if we want to)
L-Yak & Yeti
D-50's Prime Time*

June 26 Day 5
L- Sci Fi*
D-California Grill*

June 27 Day 6 (Our Anniversary)
B-Crystal Palace (again, if we want)
D-Yachtsman Steakhouse*

June 28 Day 7 (Day Off)
B-Chef Mickey's
D-Hoop Dee Doo Revue*

June 29 Day 8
L- Rose & Crown*
D- Cape May Cafe*

June 30 Day 9
D-1900 Park Fare*

July 1 Day 10 (switch to AKLV) & Regular Dining
B-Ohana*
D-Boma

July 2 Day 11
L- Coral Reef

July 3 Day 12
D-Whispering Canyon Cafe*

July 4 Day 13 Subject to change
B- Boma*
L- Kona(not sure yet)

July 5 Day 14 (Bryan's Birthday)
L-Tony's* or Crystal Palace

All of the restaurants with an * next to them will be something new for us!:thumbsup2 We are doing quite a few buffets but I think it will be a nice break for the boys from the same old boring kids menu and desserts!

I wonder how many times this will change between now and 12/23 when I can hopefully call to make them!:rolleyes1

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! I will be calling Disney DVC again tomorrow to make our ressie for our last 3 nights at SSR!

Diane:goodvibes

You got a lot of great places on your list. I can not wait to hear all your reviews:goodvibes

You probably already know, but don't forget that for Brian's birthday, he can get a disney gift card I believe for the value of a one day ticket, since you already have park passes:goodvibes

Wow Diane! The choices look great! looking at a few of your earlier days I'm thinking that you are going to be full 24/7!:rotfl: that is a lot of food! The good thing is a bunch are buffets so you can really eat at your own pace. I can't wait for you to take this trip. Your last TR was so great and I can't wait to see more of the DVC. I'll be here waiting! :goodvibes popcorn::

Diane, we have a lot of the same choices for our June trip -- great minds must be thinking alike! Now, if they would just open up the dining window so we can make these bad-boys! It's going to kill me on December 8 knowing I should be making ADRs and being unable to!

Boma for breakfast! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Thanks Carissa! We are really looking forward to it!:thumbsup2

You got a lot of great places on your list. I can not wait to hear all your reviews:goodvibes

You probably already know, but don't forget that for Brian's birthday, he can get a disney gift card I believe for the value of a one day ticket, since you already have park passes:goodvibes

Thanks Kelly! Yes, we already registered Bryan and we are all set!:goodvibes

Wow Diane! The choices look great! looking at a few of your earlier days I'm thinking that you are going to be full 24/7!:rotfl: that is a lot of food! The good thing is a bunch are buffets so you can really eat at your own pace. I can't wait for you to take this trip. Your last TR was so great and I can't wait to see more of the DVC. I'll be here waiting! :goodvibes popcorn::

Thanks Dana!:rotfl: about being full! I doubt we will clean our plates at each meal, but it will be nice to get to try things that we wouldn't normally get to!:thumbsup2

Diane, we have a lot of the same choices for our June trip -- great minds must be thinking alike! Now, if they would just open up the dining window so we can make these bad-boys! It's going to kill me on December 8 knowing I should be making ADRs and being unable to!

Thanks Jackie! Yes great minds DO think alike!:thumbsup2 I am with you just let me make the ressie already!:rolleyes1

Well we are officially booked at Saratoga Springs for our first 10 nights!!!:cool1: When I get our confirmation #, I will call back and make our requests! :goodvibes Now all that is left is to book our dining choices and find flights!:rolleyes1

Well we are officially booked at Saratoga Springs for our first 10 nights!!!:cool1: When I get our confirmation #, I will call back and make our requests! :goodvibes Now all that is left is to book our dining choices and find flights!:rolleyes1

Hi Diane,
check flights now or this weekend after Thanksgiving. The rates to Orlando in March just dropped and usually others will drop this weekend. Good Luck :goodvibes

That is great:thumbsup2

If you check late at night, sometimes flights prices come down

Looked at may recently in case we are able to go, and it was 79 going and 99 coming back with airtran. Not too bad. Guessing june would run the same

Ahhhhh....smooth sailing!!!

Hi Diane,
check flights now or this weekend after Thanksgiving. The rates to Orlando in March just dropped and usually others will drop this weekend. Good Luck :goodvibes

Thanks Dana! We are hoping to fly on Spirit! Right now it is $271 per person...that is too much:sad2:

That is great:thumbsup2

If you check late at night, sometimes flights prices come down

Looked at may recently in case we are able to go, and it was 79 going and 99 coming back with airtran. Not too bad. Guessing june would run the same

Thanks for the info Kelly!! I just read on Lesley's thread though they just added a new fee for the 1st checked bag! I would rather fly on Spirit and pay their fee because AC is sooooo convenient!:goodvibes

Ahhhhh....smooth sailing!!!

Yes indeed!;)

Just wanted to wish everyone a very...........

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!! I hope you all have a great day with your family and friends!!:goodvibes

I have spent the better part of this afternoon revamping our dining choices! It has been hard tracking credits and matching the restaurants up with the right park! Let's just hope that when Tour Guide Mike releases his charts, I guessed right! I also hope the 180 day ADR window opens up fully when they said it would on 12/22!:thumbsup2 Here we go...

Arrival Day(Father's Day)
Dinner - Kona Cafe

Day 1
B-Cape May Cafe*
L-Teppan Edo*
D-LeCellier

Day 2
B-Tusker House
D-Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) might do Chefs De France instead

Day 3
B-Crystal Palace
L-Liberty Tree Tavern*
D-Ohana

Day 4
B-Tusker House(if we want to)
L-Yak & Yeti
D-50's Prime Time*

Day 5
L- Sci Fi*
D-California Grill*

Day 6 (Our Anniversary)
B-Crystal Palace (again, if we want)
D-Yachtsman Steakhouse*

Day 7 (Day Off)
B-Chef Mickey's
D-Hoop Dee Doo Revue*

Day 8
L- Rose & Crown*
D- Cape May Cafe*

Day 9
D-1900 Park Fare*

Day 10 (switch to AKLV)
B-Ohana*
D-Boma

Day 11
L- Coral Reef

Day 12
D- Whispering Canyon Cafe*

Day 13
B- Boma*

Day 14 (Bryan's Birthday)
L-Tony's* or Crystal Palace

All of the restaurants with an * next to them will be something new for us!:thumbsup2 We are doing quite a few buffets but I think it will be a nice break for the boys from the same old boring kids menu and desserts!

I wonder how many times this will change between now and 12/23 when I can hopefully call to make them!:rolleyes1

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!! I will be calling Disney DVC again tomorrow to make our ressie for our last 3 nights at SSR!

Diane:goodvibes
Hey Diane,
Is there any way to post this with your dates next to it? Or can you tell me again when your day 1 is? I want to compare our restaraunts. What are you doing on the 4th?
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter