Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I'm back on WW, started almost a month ago and I lost about 5 lbs so far. I hate the gym and love Nutella. It certainly doesn't help! But with this new plan, I am starving. I am constantly hungry (and angry!) and I've had enough bananas at this point. The new plan took some adjusting, everything seems to have a million points now, I feel like I can't eat anything, even my Smart Ones dinners are really high! I am disappointed. I will keep going until I reach my goal (it's only 10 lbs, but my metabolism seems to have died...) and then we'll see. I wish I could still use the old points. I'm hungry!

I wish I could help you there. I abandoned ship after a week or so on the new plan. I'm still on the old one. If it's not working for you, I'd suggest going back to the old plan or trying something else. You should be doing something you can keep up. You shouldn't be starving.

I'm back on WW, started almost a month ago and I lost about 5 lbs so far. I hate the gym and love Nutella. It certainly doesn't help! But with this new plan, I am starving. I am constantly hungry (and angry!) and I've had enough bananas at this point. The new plan took some adjusting, everything seems to have a million points now, I feel like I can't eat anything, even my Smart Ones dinners are really high! I am disappointed. I will keep going until I reach my goal (it's only 10 lbs, but my metabolism seems to have died...) and then we'll see. I wish I could still use the old points. I'm hungry!

There is a group of us at my local meeting who are sticking with the old plan. It was working, and I liked the way the points worked better with it. I downloaded the "ultimate value diary" app which is still using the old points and I love it! I use it to track since you can't get trackers for the old program at the meetings now. So do what works best for you. As long as the app is working, I am using it and following the old program.

There is a group of us at my local meeting who are sticking with the old plan. It was working, and I liked the way the points worked better with it. I downloaded the "ultimate value diary" app which is still using the old points and I love it! I use it to track since you can't get trackers for the old program at the meetings now. So do what works best for you. As long as the app is working, I am using it and following the old program.

I use ProTracker Plus.

Check out a blog called skinnyjeansandtheinbetweens. Shows a days eating in smart points with several menus. Really useful for me at least :)

Hi everyone! :wave: I had lost 55 pounds on Points Plus. Then I went to Disney for a week, the following week was Thanksgiving, and then I seemed to just eat the entire way to Christmas (and a little after that too!). I gained back 17 pounds, and have gotten some of that back off. I gave Smart Points a shot, but really disliked it (and was not losing as well as I had been), so I got an app that will allow me to do Points Plus. I've been back to doing that for a week, and will have my weigh in tomorrow morning. Since I quit going to the meetings, I'm looking for online support. My meetings were on Thursday nights, and I'm really liking the fact that I can do my weigh in first thing Saturday morning! I came to this thread to see if there were others who hated SmartPoints, and it looks like I'm not alone! I have a friend that lost over 100 pounds on PointsPlus, with probably still over 100 pounds to lose and she quit our meetings as well for the same reason.
My starting weight was 341, so I have a long way to go.

Hi everyone! :wave: I had lost 55 pounds on Points Plus. Then I went to Disney for a week, the following week was Thanksgiving, and then I seemed to just eat the entire way to Christmas (and a little after that too!). I gained back 17 pounds, and have gotten some of that back off. I gave Smart Points a shot, but really disliked it (and was not losing as well as I had been), so I got an app that will allow me to do Points Plus. I've been back to doing that for a week, and will have my weigh in tomorrow morning. Since I quit going to the meetings, I'm looking for online support. My meetings were on Thursday nights, and I'm really liking the fact that I can do my weigh in first thing Saturday morning! I came to this thread to see if there were others who hated SmartPoints, and it looks like I'm not alone! I have a friend that lost over 100 pounds on PointsPlus, with probably still over 100 pounds to lose and she quit our meetings as well for the same reason.
My starting weight was 341, so I have a long way to go.

You're among friends here. Don't worry about how far you have to go. Take it one day at a time, one pound (or quarter of a pound, or half a pound) at a time.

Hi everyone! :wave: I had lost 55 pounds on Points Plus. Then I went to Disney for a week, the following week was Thanksgiving, and then I seemed to just eat the entire way to Christmas (and a little after that too!). I gained back 17 pounds, and have gotten some of that back off.

Welcome! And I did the same thing over the holidays, and then my one week of spring break to Disney. So we just go forward and keep going. It is OK to slip and get back on track. But we can do this! Just keep tracking :)

Ok, am I the only one who has issues with the website and app? I can't track anything! the website keeps saying :Just a sec..." and then it tells me that the item's details cannot be fetched at this time. The app says that "There was an error getting the information from the server". I am really losing my patience since this has been happening on and off for days. I tried chatting with their service but I got disconnected the first time and left hanging the second time. Very frustrating.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Today was my first weigh in back on points plus....I lost 6.2 pounds!!! 51 pounds gone total!! I couldn't believe it!! I'm so happy to be back to doing the plan I prefer, and picking the day I want to weigh!!

The app I'm using is Itrackbites. I really like it.

I think my last post killed this thread!
I've been at Disney all week so there is no telling how much I've gained! But I'm ready to get back on track counting my Points Plus!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Today was my first weigh in back on points plus....I lost 6.2 pounds!!! 51 pounds gone total!! I couldn't believe it!! I'm so happy to be back to doing the plan I prefer, and picking the day I want to weigh!!

The app I'm using is Itrackbites. I really like it.

I think my last post killed this thread!
I've been at Disney all week so there is no telling how much I've gained! But I'm ready to get back on track counting my Points Plus!

Sorry about that! Congrats! I was going between that app and ProTracker. Good to know you like it!

I just went to a food truck festival, so we'll see how my weigh-in is. lol

Notes on my weekend.

I was at 135 on Friday after at least 3 weeks of not tracking.

I think hibachi is great for WW, but oh my they serve a LOT of food!

Spent the weekend at a hunting property with family. Hiking boosted up my step count. Then this afternoon we tootled around in a golf cart. The Fitbit counted that as steps too. I guess since it's a slow pace. Oh well.

Hello. New to this thread but found a lot of great info! I was thinking of doing WW. I have used it off and on for years with PP. I don't know that I would like the SP system from the description. Can anyone recommended an app that uses the old PP system that I can use on my Samsung android? I looked at ProTracker, which looks great, but it says it is only for iproducts. Thanks!!!

Just found this thread. I've done WW several times since I was in college but I just started back last week. First WI was today and I'm down 5lbs! I know its mostly water, etc, but its encouraging nonetheless. I seem to be doing better on the Smart Points than I have on other plans. Maybe its just where I am in my life now or maybe its the way the new points make you evaluate what you eat (I really like that they are focusing on cutting sugar and increasing protein). I didn't even touch my weekly points until dinner last night and my week started over today. That has def not been the case with past programs.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and I'm glad I found the thread!

Hello. New to this thread but found a lot of great info! I was thinking of doing WW. I have used it off and on for years with PP. I don't know that I would like the SP system from the description. Can anyone recommended an app that uses the old PP system that I can use on my Samsung android? I looked at ProTracker, which looks great, but it says it is only for iproducts. Thanks!!!

I use Protracker. I have also heard that iTrackBites is good, but I don't know if either of them are on Android.

OK - So how do you ladies (Guys turn away now) deal with "monthly munchies" where Aunt Flow just makes you cram EVERYTHING in your mouth - or days of the complete opposite - where food just makes you want to hurl in general?

Yesterday she made an apparence and I ate two (smaller sized) bags of chips. I chalked it up to a bad day and moving on, but I don't want ot do that EVERY MONTH! Some hlep would be great

OK - So how do you ladies (Guys turn away now) deal with "monthly munchies" where Aunt Flow just makes you cram EVERYTHING in your mouth - or days of the complete opposite - where food just makes you want to hurl in general?

Yesterday she made an apparence and I ate two (smaller sized) bags of chips. I chalked it up to a bad day and moving on, but I don't want ot do that EVERY MONTH! Some hlep would be great

That is definitely hard. I think one of the keys is to not have junk at your house and to try to stay away from it when you're out. I have noticed that I really don't have "cravings" anymore and I think its bc junk makes you crave junk so if you take it out of your diet you automatically reduce the occurence. One of the things that I really like about the new Smart Points system is the way the points have been calculated to emphasize protein and reduce carbs, sugar, etc. The first time I did WW (like 15 year ago) it was just the basic points system where something healthy would have the same value as junk bc they were just taking the numbers of the nutritional info into account. Now that they are looking more at how you're body metabolizes sugar vs protein I think the program is much easier for me to follow. All that being said, there are times that I want to eat just for the sake of eating, which I think falls into the category of "munchies". I try to have some stuff on hand that will fulfill that need. We always have Cheez-its at the house bc I have little kids that like them. The serving size is 29 crackers for 4 points. So I count out my 29 and that's enough for me to mindlessly eat (I eat slowly) and by the time I'm done the munching urge is gone. I think the key is planning. Have some snacks in mind that will fill whatever it is that you want and be careful with your portions. Also, remember that you DO have your weekly points. I really try not to use mine so that there is a safety net in case I DO end up munching more than I plan or I have to go out to eat or to someone's house where I'll have to estimate the points values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!