Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I find the search to be SO MUCH better on the app

Whereas it is literally nonexistent online.

I don't see the program as a ginormous change since I don't eat a lot of sugary foods anyway.

Definitely helps to not eat much sugar. I do. I did through my losses. As long as I tracked it honestly it wasn't a problem.

I didn't want to go even lower-carb than PP made me be. I'm angry. And hungry.

My biggest concern is being at the top of the points range when I have so much weight I still need to lose.

I'm not sure what that means. Are you getting a high number of daily points? Check to make sure you aren't set to maintain (click the head/shoulders icon and go into your account settings). Or your Weeklies are high?

e new plan would have me be done for the day at 850 calories at 225lbs.

Yes, this has been a problem for me. Not quite to that extent, but I'm double-tracking with sparkpeople, and I had two days last week where I was 1000+ calories under where spark wanted me to be, but I was over my Dailies in WW. And all my Weeklies and some of my carefully calculated Fitpoints.*

(ranting...NOT at anyone here, but at WW...)

They say "you don't have to be perfect", but they do, actually, require you to be perfect. It's the weirdest combo, to have this incredibly restrictive plan (to those of us who want fat in our diets, don't mind a bit of sugar, and who work out strenuously) while saying "you don't have to be perfect".

My receptionist last week saw how annoyed I was with the whole thing and didn't have me weigh. I skipped the meetting before that. So the last time I weighed was 3 weeks ago. Today I was the same as then. Oh how I wish I'd weighed last week, because I am SMALLER this week than I was.

And those who think you can lose fat from one week on a new program would say the plan was great!

But you don't lose fat in a week of a new program. However, when you eat sugar you hold onto more water, so when you drastically lower your carbs you lose water. We had some 6ish pound losses in our meeting (and not just of new members) and everyone was like "oh the plan works" when if someone gained 6 lbs everyone would assure the person that you can't gain 6 lbs of fat in a week. Well it goes the same way for losses, people. This was a combo of the week BEFORE the change plus going so much more low carb than before.

If I didn't know that I'd be livid at my maintain.

*They give FitPoints for breathing, and the FPs are 1:1 with Smartpoints. With PointsPlus you had to burn about 80 kcal for one AP, then a PointPlus was about 40 kcal; you can see that you were still at a deficit when eating APs. But with Smart and Fit points, it doesn't work that way. And that is SCARY for this "eat all the points I have coming to me" person...

It wasn't by following the program that I gained, so I didn't need a change in program, I just needed to get BACK to the program.

I'll keep on trying. I have faith that they'll tweak this, and I'll be even more careful with my fitpoints and not be as afraid to eat them. (I don't use an activity monitor as I don't feel that walking around in my normal day deserves more calories, but my actual workouts often do) Hopefully I won't almost faint again like I did last week.

And maybe I can do something about this drastic deficit in calories that sparkpeople is telling me about. I'm over 5K kcal below where I should be, according to sparkpeople. This is FAR too high a deficit for any but the doctor-overseen weight loss programs. It's going to backfire badly if I don't add more calories in.

OH and my receptionist, on my question, said that they started working on this 2 years ago. Which means they were using nutrition research from about 2 years before that (it takes TIME to do proper research, tabulate the results, and get it published in scholarly journals). So much for it being the most recent info! As I said on their FB page, in 2 years we'll see the plan they create from the current-to-NOW research. Sigh.

HUNGRY. Today I sparkpeople shows that kcal burned - kcal eaten = -1008. This is NOT good. It's too much. But I ate my dailies and 5 weeklies. (and I track fruits and veggies on sparkpeople, of course, but there are only so many fruits and veggies I can eat!)

Yeah...if this plan was so broken, I'm not sure how I managed to lose 125 pounds.

In a turnaround, this is where I mention that just b/c WW changes something doesn't mean they don't stand behind their old program.

Before PP there were many other plans, all of which worked.

When I first came back in 2012 I was mourning the fact that I didn't have my materials from 2000. That plan was my first WW plan and I lost so quickly. Sigh. Then I met DH, darnit, and instead of going to work out on dates, we ate. Oops.

Since I didn't have my materials from then, and didn't like the plans in '02-3, then '04-5, I had no choice but to do PP. And we joined just after they tweaked the first rollout of PP.

They do change stuff, it's part of what they do. Doesn't mean it didn't work or we should feel like our losses meant nothing.

If there is anyone Lifetime-at-goal out there, if your leaders are telling you that it's still 30 smartpoints for Dailies, they are wrong. Maintaining takes you to 36 and you tweak it from there. (same goes for those who are or will be at goal, but are doing things online (and therefore have no official "Lifetime" status to obtain)

Oh and my sig lies; I'm at 68 lost right now. Have been for awhile, but taking off that initial 10 lbs from my signature was painful enough! :)

Hi Everyone - I've posted here before, several months (or possibly years?) ago. Just wanted to report some success with my weight loss journey. After many tries, I found something that works for me. So far I have lost 70 pounds, just started to go to Zumba, and am continuing to eat healthy. Just wanted to give people who might be down on their weight loss goals some encouragement! I tried many many times, but for some reason this go round, I had a different mind set about it, and I just try to make healthy choices as much as possible. I even walked in a 5K in September! I'm going to try to stay more active on this site, since for me, knowing there are others out there trying to do the same thing, is helpful. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day!

Hi! I began WW again yesterday and was a member years ago. I really like this new plan and the fact that healthier, less processed foods are lower points than junk food. I have had a good first day with the smart points system and am looking forward to the journey with you. 77 lbs to go!

Hi, All! Same here - just joined again (online only - no time for meetings) yesterday. I had lost ten pounds before, but regained old bad habits. I really need to lose 15; 20 would be great but I'm also working out so building muscle.

Had a good first day (even sucked down a couple martinis - kept within my points but wasn't too hungry - it is still the holidays!).

Making a grocery list so I'll go today. One thing that I loved, and now that the weather is cooling down again (finally - we had the a/c on and I'm in Maryland) is soups. I just love soup, and making it is so easy and quick (and then I get pissed as my family eats it too). I make a basic veggie soup and throw in whatever, frozen broccoli, fresh cabbage, really whatever I have on hand. It's soothing and fills me up.

I was eating so many more fruits (I'm not big on fruit) and veggies before, so looking forward to that again. NO MORE CHIPS - Doritos are the worst. Not even having one.

What does everyone do for exercise? I really just started exercising...and usually just go for a walk. But, with the weather getting colder, doesn't sound too exciting.

I go to a gym near our house. I hired a trainer (the owner) and he works with me for an hour three times a week. I go to classes sometimes too, and go in to do the elliptical too. I learned now though exercise is important, but what I put in my mouth is more important! I was eating way too much still.
Finding a gym is nice in that there are people there that are all working at their own level. It gets me out on mornings that I'd rather stay in!

I go to a gym near our house. I hired a trainer (the owner) and he works with me for an hour three times a week. I go to classes sometimes too, and go in to do the elliptical too. I learned now though exercise is important, but what I put in my mouth is more important! I was eating way too much still.
Finding a gym is nice in that there are people there that are all working at their own level. It gets me out on mornings that I'd rather stay in!

What does the trainer help you with? I always think that is something I'd want to do, but still not sure. I think I'm still imagining the nightmare that was gym class back in school. LOL

I was a WW member about 4 years ago lost 70 pounds, but now I need to go back again and was going to start this week. Hearing that some of you don't like the new plan has me a little nervous, so could someone give a rundown of the new plan?

One of the things I liked the most about WW was not feeling restricted about what I ate. If I wanted a sweet treat once in a while, I had one, just had to make sure I tracked the points. I'm getting the impression now that the program is more restrictive? Is there still freedom to eat what we want?

I was a WW member about 4 years ago lost 70 pounds, but now I need to go back again and was going to start this week. Hearing that some of you don't like the new plan has me a little nervous, so could someone give a rundown of the new plan?

One of the things I liked the most about WW was not feeling restricted about what I ate. If I wanted a sweet treat once in a while, I had one, just had to make sure I tracked the points. I'm getting the impression now that the program is more restrictive? Is there still freedom to eat what we want?

Personally, I think it's much more restrictive. That's why I'm not doing it.

Just completed my first week of WW online and lost 3.5 lbs which is pretty good because I still had a few glasses of wine over the weekend. I didn't belong during the points thing so I'm not too sure how this points plan is different from the old points plan. I remember having check it out once before and found that I would have a fairly low number of points, like maybe 24 and didn't think I could be that restrictive w/o starving. This time I get 30 points per day but I'm reading that some things are now more points. When I did WW back in the late 80s they had a great plan with a checkoff list of sorts and that worked great for me. While I was playing around at WW online site, I see that they have a similar plan now called "Simply filling foods" and there is a list and you can eat anything on the list in pretty much any quantity (obviously, not a 22 oz steak, but regular portion sizes) and it's so much easier to track. I'm still sort of figuring it out and trying to figure how to count things I choose to eat that aren't on the list, but so far I like it alot.

Here is the explanation: https://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/int/planguide_SimplyFilling

And here is the list: https://weightwatchers.com/us/m/cms/article/simply-filling-foods-list

Good luck to all.

Hi everyone, I'm a newcomer to this forum(though I've been around the boards in general for a while). I started WW back in October and have lost 23 pounds since. And that's been with very little intentional exercise, so on one hand, I'm really happy that the points plan has worked for me, but on the other hand, I'm kicking myself because I feel like I could've lost a lot more during that same time frame.

I'm starting to be more intentional with my exercise. For the next few weeks, my lone activity goal is to hit 10,000 steps a day. Then in February, I'd like to start training for my first 5K, which I hope to complete in April.

As far as the changes to the WW plan are concerned, I think it's kind of a mixed bag. It IS causing me to make healthier choices overall now that certain point values have gone up, so I no longer "work the plan" so that I can still have that double cheeseburger. And I think that's a good thing. My only complaint with the recent changes is that the app is much less helpful. It's keeping track of my points correctly, but now it's much harder to navigate the restaurant listings, etc.

One other thing....I don't factor FitPoints at all. That's just a personal choice....I don't want to give myself any leeway when it comes to "bonus" points. I'd rather just stick to my daily target and let that be it.

Good luck to everyone here...excited to follow everyone's progress.

Hi!

I worked the WW plan from 2001-2003 and lost 46 lbs. Now I'm back up almost 20 lbs. I don't think losing all 20 is realistic, so I joined and set my goal for 15. I took a peek last year at Simply Filling and PointPlus and did not like it at all. I'm seeing the changes in the new plan and cautious, but there are things I like. The FitPoints I will have to ignore unless it's a splurge day. I can't eat the 5 FP that I earned yesterday (ha! doing not much of anything) and expect to lose. I'm planning to focus on getting those way up there just to be moving more everyday and get stronger.

I do think I'll be eating more of those SF Foods to stay full. On my first journey I had to count fruit and that was hard. I was hungry a lot, and expect to be again this time. I think I'll make healthier choices with the new emphasis on fats and sugars, which is good since my goals are to build muscle around my joints and avoid Type 2 diabetes, both of which my family has problems with. I think it will be harder for me to hit McD's, Krispy Kreme, or the Mexican restaurant when I want to splurge. That will make me grouchy but I need to kick those habits for my long time health.

The app is going to take some getting used to. And I am concerned about eating the calories to avoid "starvation mode." I'll be watching my FitBit to calculate those numbers.

Good luck with the new program everyone! Glad to be here!

So here I am: 176(max hi)/146(now)/131(goal)/128(2003 low)

(apologizing in advance for the superwhiny novel)

Well, I'm not truly following SPs at all.

I don't wear an activity monitor; I feel that the base points should hit a normal metabolic level of living life, and have zero interest in counting steps. I use APs for *exercise*, and *for me* that is NOT walking, that is NOT doing 30 seconds of leg lifts several times a day. (that last bit? was my unhealthy, unreasonable, borderline eating-disorder days in college...yeah, 5 minutes of leg lifts will make it all OK, it's totally a workout!) For me, I need a strong, sweaty workout, and I want to get points for it and eat points for it so that I don't faint.

I ate more than my assigned points on PP. I could change my PP.

But on this "most personalized plan ever" I cannot change my points, I apparently will not be able to avoid counting steps so I can start earning APs, I cannot *change* anything in it.

What I CAN do is go 100 points into the red in a week and lose. And get smaller. And feel good. Except for mentally, because I feel horrible about this plan.

I am so angry at this new plan, I am so sad that "my" plan is gone. I am flying blind without PP.

This weekend started my cycle and we dined out the whole time because we were away for my son's dance convention. I have followed no true plan (other than what I learned with PointsPlus as well as portions being watched and listening to my stomach) for the 1.5 weeks before that, and before that as well.

I lost 1.4 today.

It's hilarious.

Though a good ad for what PP taught me, I suppose. SP sure isn't teaching me anything.

Oh I seriously dislike being so negative about it! DH thinks this program is great. He walks for most of his activity, he wears a fitbit, he doesn't mind racking up FPs for no reason at all (he doesn't eat them). He's a big guy and gets near the max daily points. When I was running a ton and eating 29+ dailies and all weeklies and all activity points (with pointsplus), some days I actually ate near the number of points HE got with his dailies! And those were my losing days. :) Our bodies are different. I need a different plan than he does. It's unfortunate that WW cannot run two plans at once.

I thought PP was perfect. Some people thought it was too many points. They could lower their points. With SPs, it's too low for me. And I cannot raise it. It's sad. If they put some of the old flexibility into it, that would keep me.

My receptionist is awesome and sees my sadness and struggle, and seems to understand that my sadness is because the new program is simply unsustainable for me (and I think a growing number of people out there who are past the honeymoon stage). It's great for those with heart disease and diabetes, that is for sure. I recognize that, and she gets that I get that. She's trying to keep me there. She knows that several months back, after being charged a 3rd time because I forgot to click the final button while putting in my etools code, I entered ALL of my Lifetime vouchers. I have free etools until...August of this year. I cannot abide to quit something when I have free *anything* involved. But I also cannot stand to go to these meetings when I'm not following the program.

(I'm also having issues with nearly everyone at my meeting; I kind of hate them, LOL. One dude who has the same points as DH but doesn't have a woman in his life who is struggling with 1/3 of his points doesn't seem to get that he has a LOT more points than the women in the room do, and revels in how easy the program is...well he had his first gain last week and had a tantrum about it, apparently. and he's just one person there. so now I have to find a new meeting, and they won't know my history and how much I loved PP, and they'll just see the sulky me. SAD)

I hear you loud and clear. And it's possible you needed to vent and don't want feedback. But did you know that you can customize how you enter FPs? On the webpage Click My Activity, then click Track Activity. You log minutes and intensity.

You can do this method instead of wearing a tracker. That way you get points only for "real" exercise.

Now, I guess there is the problem that it might be "too many" FPs and not correlate to what SPs you think you should be able to eat in exchange.

On Settings you can also choose No Swapping, Swap Weeklies first or Swap FPs first.

Perhaps you've tried all this. Just thought some input might be helpful. Good luck with your process in whatever you decide to do. I hear there are apps out there that work the old plan.

(apologizing in advance for the superwhiny novel)

Well, I'm not truly following SPs at all.

I don't wear an activity monitor; I feel that the base points should hit a normal metabolic level of living life, and have zero interest in counting steps. I use APs for *exercise*, and *for me* that is NOT walking, that is NOT doing 30 seconds of leg lifts several times a day. (that last bit? was my unhealthy, unreasonable, borderline eating-disorder days in college...yeah, 5 minutes of leg lifts will make it all OK, it's totally a workout!) For me, I need a strong, sweaty workout, and I want to get points for it and eat points for it so that I don't faint.

I ate more than my assigned points on PP. I could change my PP.

But on this "most personalized plan ever" I cannot change my points, I apparently will not be able to avoid counting steps so I can start earning APs, I cannot *change* anything in it.

What I CAN do is go 100 points into the red in a week and lose. And get smaller. And feel good. Except for mentally, because I feel horrible about this plan.

I am so angry at this new plan, I am so sad that "my" plan is gone. I am flying blind without PP.

This weekend started my cycle and we dined out the whole time because we were away for my son's dance convention. I have followed no true plan (other than what I learned with PointsPlus as well as portions being watched and listening to my stomach) for the 1.5 weeks before that, and before that as well.

I lost 1.4 today.

It's hilarious.

Though a good ad for what PP taught me, I suppose. SP sure isn't teaching me anything.

Oh I seriously dislike being so negative about it! DH thinks this program is great. He walks for most of his activity, he wears a fitbit, he doesn't mind racking up FPs for no reason at all (he doesn't eat them). He's a big guy and gets near the max daily points. When I was running a ton and eating 29+ dailies and all weeklies and all activity points (with pointsplus), some days I actually ate near the number of points HE got with his dailies! And those were my losing days. :) Our bodies are different. I need a different plan than he does. It's unfortunate that WW cannot run two plans at once.

I thought PP was perfect. Some people thought it was too many points. They could lower their points. With SPs, it's too low for me. And I cannot raise it. It's sad. If they put some of the old flexibility into it, that would keep me.

My receptionist is awesome and sees my sadness and struggle, and seems to understand that my sadness is because the new program is simply unsustainable for me (and I think a growing number of people out there who are past the honeymoon stage). It's great for those with heart disease and diabetes, that is for sure. I recognize that, and she gets that I get that. She's trying to keep me there. She knows that several months back, after being charged a 3rd time because I forgot to click the final button while putting in my etools code, I entered ALL of my Lifetime vouchers. I have free etools until...August of this year. I cannot abide to quit something when I have free *anything* involved. But I also cannot stand to go to these meetings when I'm not following the program.

(I'm also having issues with nearly everyone at my meeting; I kind of hate them, LOL. One dude who has the same points as DH but doesn't have a woman in his life who is struggling with 1/3 of his points doesn't seem to get that he has a LOT more points than the women in the room do, and revels in how easy the program is...well he had his first gain last week and had a tantrum about it, apparently. and he's just one person there. so now I have to find a new meeting, and they won't know my history and how much I loved PP, and they'll just see the sulky me. SAD)

Agreed. I'm planning on canceling my membership soon. The old plan wasn't broken. I wish they didn't feel like they needed to fix it. I am still doing WW, but have found an app with the old points system.

Hi :wave: I've just rejoined WW and I'm doing the online version so no meetings for me right now. I do have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I was reading above posts about tracking activity points. I walk my 10,000 steps a day and just add 30 minutes of exercise in the activities under walking. Is that correct or is there another place for that? Thanks so much. I'm just hoping that this subject may have come up with someone who goes to the meetings.

Agreed. I'm planning on canceling my membership soon. The old plan wasn't broken. I wish they didn't feel like they needed to fix it. I am still doing WW, but have found an app with the old points system.
Which app are you using? I've found a couple that look good...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter