Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

OK, can someone please explain the difference between the two types of points on weight watchers? Right now I'm going the one thru their app. I've lost about 9 pounds so far my first month. Weight goes up on the weekends, so I weigh in on Thursday.

I have the hardest time wanting my bread still .Its awful.

OK, can someone please explain the difference between the two types of points on weight watchers? Right now I'm going the one thru their app. I've lost about 9 pounds so far my first month. Weight goes up on the weekends, so I weigh in on Thursday.

I have the hardest time wanting my bread still .Its awful.

It's just calculated differently. Things are more points than they used to be. If it's working for you, you don't really need to change. A lot of us were doing the old method and prefer it because it worked for us.

Hello! I was wondering (hoping) if any of you would be willing to share why WW works for you? I'm considering joining online only - meetings aren't an option as all the ones around me are weekdays between 8:00 and 5:00. Over the past 4 years I've gone from 200+ down to 140, back up to 170 and down again to the mid 150's. Most of that has been through healthy eating and exercise. I've been in a slump since January with food tracking as I find myself getting obsessed with making my calories and carb/protein/fat perfect. When I can't do that I get frustrated and also tend to eat the same meals.

Could WW be the answer to this?

Thanks!

Hello! I was wondering (hoping) if any of you would be willing to share why WW works for you? I'm considering joining online only - meetings aren't an option as all the ones around me are weekdays between 8:00 and 5:00. Over the past 4 years I've gone from 200+ down to 140, back up to 170 and down again to the mid 150's. Most of that has been through healthy eating and exercise. I've been in a slump since January with food tracking as I find myself getting obsessed with making my calories and carb/protein/fat perfect. When I can't do that I get frustrated and also tend to eat the same meals.

Could WW be the answer to this?

Thanks!

I think WW could definitely be a good option for you. Especially since it sounds like you're on the right track anyway and just need some help. WW might give you some structure to work within since they've already figured out the nutritional balance of the food. I've done WW several times under several different point systems and I've always really liked it. I haven't always been super successful but that has to do with my choices and not the plan. The plan works when you work it. I've done the online only version and the meetings and I think either can work really well. If you know getting to meetings is going to be a problem then online will still be great for you. That's what I'm doing right now bc theirs only 2 meetings that are close to me and they happen on days/times that are often filled with other obligations.

I think this newest system is my favorite bc of how the points are calculated (favoring protein over sugar/carbs) and the level of online support that is available. I would definitely look into it some more and see what you think. I don't know if they are running a promo right now but the last time I signed up I got 3 months for $50 (it's $20/mo after that) and I felt that was reasonable since I know it will work as long as I do my part. It sounds like you've have been able to achieve a lot on your own and WW may just be what you need to even things out so you can stay on track.

Hi everyone, I am joining in. I just joined WW online, I am just way too busy to get to meetings right now, but I needed something to motivate me. I weighed myself Monday and I was almost 20 heaver than what I thought I was. Talk about depressing, but I am using it as motivation to move forward with gusto. I buckled down, got a FitBit and a WW membership and went grocery shopping.

Hi all! I'm joining here too! I joined WW at the end of April. So far I've lost 6.6 pounds. Slow and steady for me! I did WW after my last child and was able to loose about 35 pounds. I stopped following plan and gained it all back and then some. I'm really trying to stick to the plan and make it work for me. I had a health scare just a few weeks before my 40th birthday and that really motivated me to get back on track with healthy living.

I am also a WDW fan! I love the DIS and used these boards to plan my last 3 trips to WDW. Hoping to book another trip next year, but we have plans to hopefully buy a new house next spring, so I'm not sure if another trip is in the cards. We will see.

I signed up about a week ago - online only. I've been successful so far and I'm understanding the points. However - can someone explain the weekly points allowance in addition to daily? Are they there just in case you need them? Is the goal to not use them at all, use every one, or sparingly as needed?

I signed up about a week ago - online only. I've been successful so far and I'm understanding the points. However - can someone explain the weekly points allowance in addition to daily? Are they there just in case you need them? Is the goal to not use them at all, use every one, or sparingly as needed?

Everyone has to kind of figure that out themselves, to see what works best. Some people use every point they've got coming to them. Others use none, and some save it for a special occasion. You can lose weight any of those ways. You just have to play with it.

I am giving this another try, although I am not joining. I don't have time to attend the meetings, and have done it in the past.

I did buy the itrackbites app and am going with the older plan which is the same as Points Plus. I like tracking the fiber.

Is there a place to share recipes on here?

Hi all, I just rejoined WW after a few years absence. Not sure if I am going to like the Smart Points but I am willing to give it a shot. I am just doing online and so far really like the tracker and doing everything on my phone. My favorite thing is being able to just scan the bar code and have all the info put in your tracker. Looking forward to hearing from others on how they like the newest plan and some good recommendations for food.

I was worried abotu the new points, but have been doing great -

emilybites.com is a a ww site for recipes - i LOVE the balsamic beef recipe

I was worried abotu the new points, but have been doing great -

emilybites.com is a a ww site for recipes - i LOVE the balsamic beef recipe

I'm glad it's working for you! I know that it is working for some people. I'll have to check out that site! Thanks for posting it!

I signed up for online but I don't really know where to start....I dont' know if I'm not looking in the right place or what but I thought there would be help with the cooking, preparing food with and without a family part of the program. I can't seem to quite figure out where to start. I want to make things that are healthy but I know there is more than just boiled chicken and steamed veggies. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I signed up for online but I don't really know where to start....I dont' know if I'm not looking in the right place or what but I thought there would be help with the cooking, preparing food with and without a family part of the program. I can't seem to quite figure out where to start. I want to make things that are healthy but I know there is more than just boiled chicken and steamed veggies. Can someone point me in the right direction?
I completely understand where you're coming from. Its a little overwhelming. I just started back today for like the 1,000th time (the program is great and it works, but you have to work it, which is where I tend to have problems :o) and I kind of feel the same way even tho I've done it a million times before. They keep changing the plan and that's where I have problems but I'm sure if you're brand new its just as bad. There is some info on the "Living" tab on the website. Are you going to meetings? I've done mtgs before but I'm just doing online now. I've found a lot of helpful things on Pinterest, you just have to be sure you're looking at things for the particular program you're following (Smart Points, Points Plus, etc - Smart Points is the current iteration). There are recipes on the website and a lot online too. Did you get a welcome kit with a book or anything?

You can also try websites like www.skinnytaste.com for recipes. She even includes SP values. I'd say just start tracking and get a handle on what the points values are for what you eat and what serving sizes you are eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!