Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I like the new program but my last couple of meetings have been so BORING. Ugh and I think there is way too much emphasis on Oprah. The new program is making me stay away from sugars and I guess that is a good thing. I do as well get frustrated because for 45 dollars a month it seems like I should be seeing better results. I know it is on me to lose that weight but to spend that type of money I want more.

I joined the online program today. I had joined WW in college and lost about 40 lbs and kept it off for several years. 10 years and 2 kids later, I need to loose 40-50 lbs. My dad was diagnosed with cancer this week and it just hit me that I can't waste another day eating unhealthily.

I started tracking today.

Headed to Costco with the kids today to stock up on more produce and healthy meats.

I joined the online program today. I had joined WW in college and lost about 40 lbs and kept it off for several years. 10 years and 2 kids later, I need to loose 40-50 lbs. My dad was diagnosed with cancer this week and it just hit me that I can't waste another day eating unhealthily.

I started tracking today.

Headed to Costco with the kids today to stock up on more produce and healthy meats.

Good for you! That's how it starts!

I hope no one minds that I'm still here, even though I'm not doing Smart Points. I'm still doing Points Plus though.

I wish we had more participation on this thread. I lost all my weight on the old plan and recently decided to give it ago again, even though I'm finding it harder than it used to be. I think I succeeded last time because I combined WW with a regular exercise program and I had support an accountability with an online group. I'd love it if more folks using WW would participate here!

I need to get back into participating more. I went to WDW and then got sick almost immediately when I got back, so I haven't been on track. Hopefully in the next few days, I will be able to start tracking and working out again.

Thanks for the welcome. I like the "idea" of smartpoints--I do think eating lean protein and lots of produce is the key to a healthy diet. I'll just have to see how it goes actually doing it! I have 36 points. It seemed low for me indicating I was still nursing part-time.

I am doing WW online - I used to do the meetings, but I am with the person who stated it already - I should be getting more for my money than someone talking at me for 30 minutes. PLUS we had to drive an hour round trip each week for my meetings.

I have found that with a few accountability groups that I am in, I have lost 20.8 lbs since Feb 22. I am really happy with this. I am walking alot and training for the Jingle Jungle 5K next November.

I am doing WW online - I used to do the meetings, but I am with the person who stated it already - I should be getting more for my money than someone talking at me for 30 minutes. PLUS we had to drive an hour round trip each week for my meetings.

I have found that with a few accountability groups that I am in, I have lost 20.8 lbs since Feb 22. I am really happy with this. I am walking alot and training for the Jingle Jungle 5K next November.

That's amazing! Congratulations!

I wish we had more participation on this thread. I lost all my weight on the old plan and recently decided to give it ago again, even though I'm finding it harder than it used to be. I think I succeeded last time because I combined WW with a regular exercise program and I had support an accountability with an online group. I'd love it if more folks using WW would participate here!

Me too! I have found that the WW Connect feature on the app is not my cup of tea, but good for inspiration in a pinch. The WW forums are no longer very accessible or active. My first go-round was in 2002 and it was easier to find online support then.

There is a "losing weight on the way to Mickey" thread that is a bit more active than this right now. Not WW specific, but lots of encouragement.

Update: My new stats are 146/136.5/130. I have been on the new plan since January. Got down to 136 last Friday. Saturday to Wed I was in WDW and did not track anything or watch my choices. Today I'm at 136.5. I'll take it! Now to just keep my motivation for those last 5. The kicker for me was that walking around WDW was still really tough. 10000 - 16000 steps every day. I didn't get winded, but my back is just not strong enough for 12 hours on concrete. I have got to refine my exercise program and get some strength in my core.

Slow and steady . . .

Me too! I have found that the WW Connect feature on the app is not my cup of tea, but good for inspiration in a pinch. The WW forums are no longer very accessible or active. My first go-round was in 2002 and it was easier to find online support then.

There is a "losing weight on the way to Mickey" thread that is a bit more active than this right now. Not WW specific, but lots of encouragement.

Update: My new stats are 146/136.5/130. I have been on the new plan since January. Got down to 136 last Friday. Saturday to Wed I was in WDW and did not track anything or watch my choices. Today I'm at 136.5. I'll take it! Now to just keep my motivation for those last 5. The kicker for me was that walking around WDW was still really tough. 10000 - 16000 steps every day. I didn't get winded, but my back is just not strong enough for 12 hours on concrete. I have got to refine my exercise program and get some strength in my core.

Slow and steady . . .

You are doing great! Very inspiring. I think I said earlier I had lost 70lbs on the program before. I got down to 136 and then did not follow through with the maintenance plan. Be sure you do! Then I injured myself, couldn't workout, got depressed and slipped and slide and years later I am back up 90, but I know I can do this and do it for the last time! :)

I just came back from my meeting and I got my first 5-lb star in quite a while! I was in Orlando/Tampa last weekend so I was pretty surprised that I lost weight at all.

Has anyone tried the Hot5 app? OMG, I picked an "easy" one and they had me doing a minute worth of burpees right off the bat. I have crappy knees, so those were right out. You would think that since WW purchased the app they would arrange for some easier cardio for the majority of the people in the program.

You are doing great! Very inspiring. I think I said earlier I had lost 70lbs on the program before. I got down to 136 and then did not follow through with the maintenance plan. Be sure you do! Then I injured myself, couldn't workout, got depressed and slipped and slide and years later I am back up 90, but I know I can do this and do it for the last time! :)

You can! Especially since you know what works for you!!

I lost 46 the first time around in 2003. Got down to 128. I don't remember ever getting to maintenance. I was just at a prolonged plateau and decided it was time to stop. I didn't get back above 135 until probably 11 years later. Have to get to maintenance this time and keep it off. My body is older and can't carry the extra weight. I also refuse to become diabetic like my parents.

Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome.

I am still following the old program, but I love Weight Watchers and it works for me. Today was not good with Easter, but I want to get back on tomorrow. I am glad to see some activity on this thread. Love to chat with fellow Weight Watchers!

I am still following the old program, but I love Weight Watchers and it works for me. Today was not good with Easter, but I want to get back on tomorrow. I am glad to see some activity on this thread. Love to chat with fellow Weight Watchers!

I'm on the old program too. I have been sick for a couple of weeks, so I have gotten off track. Tomorrow starts a new week though!

I'm back on WW, started almost a month ago and I lost about 5 lbs so far. I hate the gym and love Nutella. It certainly doesn't help! But with this new plan, I am starving. I am constantly hungry (and angry!) and I've had enough bananas at this point. The new plan took some adjusting, everything seems to have a million points now, I feel like I can't eat anything, even my Smart Ones dinners are really high! I am disappointed. I will keep going until I reach my goal (it's only 10 lbs, but my metabolism seems to have died...) and then we'll see. I wish I could still use the old points. I'm hungry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!