Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Me too! I am up at 4:40am and hitting the pavement for my morning 30 min. walk by 4:45am. I usually don't eat breakfast until 7:00am when I get to work. (I don't "clock-in" until 7:30am) My "lunch break" is at 10:00am - 10:30am. I usually have greek yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit at that time. Then I eat my actual lunch at my afternoon break at 1:45pm - 2:00pm. I am busy most of the day so I don't seem to "snack" much. When I get home is the problem!!!

I have to eat every couple of hours. I'm not snacking just because I want to eat. If that were the case, I'd probably only eat once or twice a day! So when I'm eating breakfast at 4:30am, I've eaten 2 or 3 times by most people's breakfast time!

I have to eat every couple of hours. I'm not snacking just because I want to eat. If that were the case, I'd probably only eat once or twice a day! So when I'm eating breakfast at 4:30am, I've eaten 2 or 3 times by most people's breakfast time!
Good to know that you need to eat every couple of hours. What are some examples of your snacks? I love to hear what combinations of food other people come up with. Do you usually try to have some sort of protein every time you eat or more like a couple times a day? My friend used to chuckle every time we ate lunch together because I usually have a variety of containers with small portions of random food. Most of the time I tried to incorporate leftovers into my lunch. I hope I am being helpful Please let me know if I am not. :)

Newbie here. I am a lifetime member getting back on track, too. I am getting better at tracking. Finding a variety of protein every day is my biggest challenge. Also, low points plus snacks that are a little higher in protein is hard for me.
Any suggestions??
Really glad I found this thread.

A snack my WW leader mentioned that I find satisfying with protein : a pickle spear wrapped in one thin slice of turkey-- yum! I buy smoked turkey breast, sliced really thin at the deli.

Well, DH and I are trying a new meeting tomorrow. Our previous leader retired from WW (and just after making that decision got a promotion at her fulltime job, so yay for her) and although she had handpicked her replacement, we just don't much care for her. A leader we DO like has only had an 8:30am Sunday meeting (ick!), but now she's doing a 6:30pm Monday meeting.

So we're ripping the bandaid off tomorrow, by going from a morning meeting to an evening meeting. This won't be pretty. But we like the leader. :)

Also, it might be more mentally healthy for us. With a morning meeting, very few people eat (or drink) beforehand. That makes us, especially DH, miserable. And the meeting gets out at 11, we chat for a short bit, we go get breakfast on the go, and then I have my ballet class at noon. Not much time for enjoying food! I highly doubt we'll fast all day for an evening meeting, so it'll be a more realistic weight we see. Fewer games to be played.

That's what we hope at least.

DH also feels he eats more on the weekends with a Saturday meeting, because our points reset as the weekend starts. He's hoping the Monday meeting will keep him more level, in terms of food choices.

We'll see! :)

I like nuts too but those are a little higher in points for just a snack.

When you DO have nuts, be sure to weigh them. Don't measure them. You're more likely to be pleased with the serving if you've weighed them. (not in-shell peanuts of course LOL)

I've found that cashews with a banana is nice. Or peanuts and an apple.

Had our first evening meeting. It went well! And we adore the leader. I managed a loss, and now DH has lost about 8 lbs in the last two weeks of weighins, which is tremendously exciting for him. Seems that the weight training makes a huge amount of difference for him.

So I'm 5 lbs up from the "free" mark for Lifetime at goal, though in reality I want to get lower than my current, max that's allowed, goal. I would LIKE to get to a point where I can wear totally normal clothes, at my evening meeting, and be FINE. We'll see how that goes.

.8 down last night. I have to be good with activity this week; last week was lower in activity because last Monday I had a huge allergic reaction that went into all-night asthma (and I get to be tested for a zucchini allergy of all things, since that's the oddball, for my diet, thing I ate that night) and I was just exhausted all week. Skipped a normal class or two, and was really low energy in the classes I did.

I've been so annoyed with paying again. (I know, let the tiny violins play for me) But last night I remembered something someone said years ago at an old meeting I went to. She said that if someone came to you and said "would you pay $x to lose your weight", (with x being the amount total you ultimately paid) would you pay it? Absolutely you would. So for me it's the 20 months of monthly fees I paid, and now it's $15/meeting until I'm back in goal range. Would I have plunked down that total, whatever it ends up being, to be at goal? Yep. So why is it bothering me so much?

So glad I remembered that last night. Changed my whole attitude!

Plus, I'm not a superhero or a goddess. If losing then keeping weight off were easy, then WW wouldn't exist. It's hard for many of us. So I slipped. I'm human. Silly of me to have been so bratty about it all in my mind.

A snack my WW leader mentioned that I find satisfying with protein : a pickle spear wrapped in one thin slice of turkey-- yum! I buy smoked turkey breast, sliced really thin at the deli.

Love this idea! I am definitely going to start doing this. I love pickles!

.8 down last night. I have to be good with activity this week; last week was lower in activity because last Monday I had a huge allergic reaction that went into all-night asthma (and I get to be tested for a zucchini allergy of all things, since that's the oddball, for my diet, thing I ate that night) and I was just exhausted all week. Skipped a normal class or two, and was really low energy in the classes I did.

I've been so annoyed with paying again. (I know, let the tiny violins play for me) But last night I remembered something someone said years ago at an old meeting I went to. She said that if someone came to you and said "would you pay $x to lose your weight", (with x being the amount total you ultimately paid) would you pay it? Absolutely you would. So for me it's the 20 months of monthly fees I paid, and now it's $15/meeting until I'm back in goal range. Would I have plunked down that total, whatever it ends up being, to be at goal? Yep. So why is it bothering me so much?

So glad I remembered that last night. Changed my whole attitude!

Plus, I'm not a superhero or a goddess. If losing then keeping weight off were easy, then WW wouldn't exist. It's hard for many of us. So I slipped. I'm human. Silly of me to have been so bratty about it all in my mind.

I am online only, so I will always have to pay. Let me just put it this way though...if I was a meeting member, I would have had to pay again for a while. We'll get there. It is just taking time.

Yep Keah, I hear you. A friend of mine from WW and the YMCA...she lost the same as I did in the same amount of time, though a year ahead of me. I've seen her struggle and persevere, and it's just so inspiring. She even had back surgery! (and as with all back surgeries, there's generally a pretty strong chance that it's not going to do what it was supposed to do...and she falls into that category, and is having more problems than before, albeit different problems) But she keeps on going. So that's what we're doing; we're being inspiring for others. ;)

So I maintained as of last night. Of course, I had 3 donuts during the week, and since i don't have the NI for them I can't be sure of the pointage for them. But I was really good the week before, so who knows? No biggie. The receptionist really didn't want to charge me, but I'm 4.2 above the 2 pound mark to my highest allowed goal, so I smiled and told her not to worry. :)

I finally got a battery for my 2012 Polar HR monitor again, then finally found the back to it so I could put the battery in, and wore it during yoga. Got a freakishly high number. I'm going to have to wear it for random 75 minute intervals to see my basic calorie burn, then wear it a few more times to see what the "real" number for vinyasa is, because if I went by that number and used it to calculate APs then it means 7 APs, not the 2 or 3 I've been counting. So that's interesting. (if I can't eat all APs that's fine, but I want to *know*)

Hi, I'd like to join if I may!

Another lifetime WW member with a serious relapse. I actually started the online tools only over the summer, with zero progress. So I went back to meetings yesterday.

I just completed my third half-marathon of the year and I know part of the reason why I'm not getting faster is my weight. I'm at 180 now and need to get back to my goal of 150. My next event is the Star Wars Dark Side Weekend, I'm signed up for the 5K and the Challenge. It would be pretty sweet to be there by then.

Haven't checked in here in quite some time. Tomorrow morning is my weigh in and I know I have lost. I am doing great getting more protein and activity in. The last month I have kicked back into the weight loss column. Some days, for dinner, I stay away from meat and get my protein from other sources such as beans, eggs. etc.

Hi Everyone!

So glad I found all of you. I was on WW 8 years ago and I hit my goal. However, I got cocky and thought I could stay on the plan and not go to meetings. Well, I'm back to where I started 10 years ago (60 lbs heavier). Last year, I told myself that I was not going to buy any more clothes at larger size or even my current size. This means I have been wearing the same clothes at work and home for the last year. They kept getting tighter and I was worried that I would start splitting seams, especially in my shoulders. I had enough and was sick of being at this size.

It was an easy decision to join WW again. I know WW works because I was successful before. However, I'm a bit older now so I know it will take A LOT of discipline on my part to make sure I hit that gold and get Lifetime.

I've been attending meetings here in the Bay Area (CA) for 4 weeks and have lost 10 lbs. I'm very happy about it and I am starting to feel a difference in the way my clothes feel.

I know as I get further and further into this Holiday season, I'll need all the support I can get. This thread is a great! Thank you all in advance!! :)

:welcome:MinnieMouse28! Oh, yeah, been there, done that! I'm back at WW, too, after making Lifetime years ago but not following thru with the plan. As you know, it works! Keep on following and you will get to goal. I don't post much here but have been doing the monthly WISH challenges, following my point plan and attending weekly meetings. It's been s-l-o-w but steady for me.

Let us know how it's going. All the best to you!

I haven't heard specifics yet but our mtg leader says they'll be looking at saturated fat and sugars in a more focused way.

I am going to say farewell to all you wonderful folks. I hope you all have success on your weight loss journey. I'm no longer a member of WW and I sure do miss the security of the tracking! This past year I have slowly but steadily gained and knew I needed a change. I will miss my sweet leader. Have fun here and keep encouraging one another. (Since I was the one who started this Part 3 WW thread, someone else will need to keep it going when the time comes.)

I am going to say farewell to all you wonderful folks. I hope you all have success on your weight loss journey. I'm no longer a member of WW and I sure do miss the security of the tracking! This past year I have slowly but steadily gained and knew I needed a change. I will miss my sweet leader. Have fun here and keep encouraging one another. (Since I was the one who started this Part 3 WW thread, someone else will need to keep it going when the time comes.)

Good luck to you Debbie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter