Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Hi! I would love to join your thread. I re-joined WW a week ago. I'm a relapsed lifetime member. I became lifetime in 1994. Lol. Now 2 kids later, I need to do this all again. My first week I lost 6 pounds. I'm hoping for at least a small loss over this Thanksgiving holiday.

My leader has also been talking about the changes coming up soon.

Thank you for the support.

:welcome: rcpae to the thread!

Hi Everyone - Checking in. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. For those of you who attended the meeting this week, there is a good discussion on how to stay fit when traveling. Due to travel, I missed the last 2 meetings, but was happy that I lost almost a pound, given all of the holiday food/goodies about. I did miss going to my meetings as I really like our leader and the members. Lots of great tips and tricks for dealing with the holidays and all of the temptations that come with them.

There is lots of excitement at my WW location about the plan changes that are happening on Sunday. Can't wait to see all of the details next week.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy as the weather turns cold and wet. Take care!

Thanks for the welcome! My third weigh in is tomorrow evening. I am down 7.6 pounds after week 2. I would love to hit the 10 pound mark tomorrow night, but that might be expecting too much. I keep reminding myself that I gained this weight over many years, so it's going to be a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm looking forward to the changes at tomorrow nights meeting. Very exciting! I am a little disappointed in the app changes. Not nearly as quick to figure points on store or off brand items.

One question. Just wondering if you went with what WW said your goal should be" or did you have your doctor adjust your goal? The first time around I used WW goal, but that was over 20 years ago!

I'm back to tracking, but I don't understand the new point system yet even though my app updated....so in rather frustrated at that.

Here's to a good week!

Hi! I have done ww for years now... i hit my goal, became lifetime, and have fallen off the wagon. I have been back for about a month. I havent done so well with simply filling which surprised me bc I hit my goal years ago with core. I think I am going to stick with tracking for a while to relearn portion control.

I am very curious to hear about their new plan... are there a lot of changes?

Anyone else really not liking the new plan? Between this, their horrible customer service, and the app not working half the time, I'm getting ready to jump ship and do something else.

I'm debating jumping ship and going to My Fitness Pal 100%. I'm three pounds from goal weight and am really disappointed in the new plan and it's perplexing. Oprah didnt' need to change it - it was working fine!

I'm debating jumping ship and going to My Fitness Pal 100%. I'm three pounds from goal weight and am really disappointed in the new plan and it's perplexing. Oprah didnt' need to change it - it was working fine!

Yeah...if this plan was so broken, I'm not sure how I managed to lose 125 pounds. I actually found an app that I can use to stay on the old points system.

Hi all, can I join you? I'm a returning WW member. I got lifetime in 2009 but then lapsed...I had done really well with them but then got complacent and stopped going to meetings, stopped tracking, etc. Usual story. I came in right as they're transitioning to the new Beyond the Scale program, though my first complete week (just completed) was on Points Plus. It's good being back to tracking and holding myself accountable for my choices, and I do really like my meeting leader. My meeting day is Saturday, so I'll be among the last to start using Beyond the Scale. What I've heard about it online is definitely worrisome, and I haven't been impressed with the rollout of the updated tools (and being in IT and knowing how rollouts can go...this is bad even compare to what I've seen "from the inside"). That said, I'm reserving judgment and going to go forward with it with an open mind. I'm curious why they "fixed" a system that didn't really seem to be broken. But anyhow, I know I have 30 pounds to lose, so there we are!

Which all are you using, if you don't mind sharing? :sad2:

It is called ProTracker Plus. It is not exactly the same, but so far so good!

I know they sync Fitbit with WW now, but was anyone using that before this was possible? If so, how do you use total calorie burn into activity points? I'm thinking I'll establish a baseline on a day that I am not as active (just going to work and coming home, no gym or extra walking). Then anything over that will be used to calculate AP. Is that the best thing to do?

I hope I'm still welcome here, even though I'm sticking with old WW and not "Beyond the Scale" or "SmartPoints" or whatever they are calling it.

I feel like MyFitnessPal is more tied closely with Weight Watchers' Plus Point program. That's what I'll apparently be leaving on Saturday morning when I weigh in. Debating skipping the officially logging and waiting for the forced upgrade.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind the new app and the new program. I find the search to be SO MUCH better on the app and I don't see the program as a ginormous change since I don't eat a lot of sugary foods anyway. My biggest concern is being at the top of the points range when I have so much weight I still need to lose.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind the new app and the new program. I find the search to be SO MUCH better on the app and I don't see the program as a ginormous change since I don't eat a lot of sugary foods anyway. My biggest concern is being at the top of the points range when I have so much weight I still need to lose.

I'm glad it's still working for you! I'm sure it will work for some, but not me.

Hi everyone! I just renewed my 10 week commitment plan today. I originally (re)joined WW on September 19th. My 10 weeks were up last Saturday (12/4) but we were in WDW so I went today. I am down 20.4. I am pretty proud of myself considering we had an anniversary get away weekend to Lancaster, PA (and I totally enjoyed those Amish cream filled donuts!!), Thanksgiving and a Disney 4 day vacation.

I was very nervous going today because I have not heard many positive reviews of the new program. I wanted to have an open mind and listen to how the new program works. However.... I think I am going to follow the Points Plus program because not only did that work for me, but it worked for my husband and son who do not need WW. I was able to stick to program without making many changes for them. While I can appreciate Weight Watchers wanting us to eat and make healthier choices, I feel that I already HAVE been making better choices, while still enjoying my treats all in moderation. This new program feels like a diet to me and that does not excite me. I hate to say it, but I need my sugary treats and the fact that I can have more turkey or chicken than I could have on Points Plus does nothing for me at 8pm when I want my Skinny Cow ice cream bar (which went from 4 PPV to 6 SPV). I love looking at the menu when we would go out and not go to the ole same thing. Actually reading the menu and finding something that sounds new and exciting and a better choice makes going to eat much more fun!

I have used the Pro Tracker Plus app since I started and I am going to continue to do so. In fact - I have not tracked my daily points since November 11th and I really want to get back into that routine. I wanted so bad when I first joined to have access to the WW app and recipe builder, but now reading how frustrated everyone is with the app, I am glad I don't. I actually thought this time that I was going to pay the additional monthly charge to have access to eTools. Does anyone have any kind of website they use for recipe builder that gives nutritional values so I could calculate points value? I tried to enter a recipe from Skinny Taste into SparkPeople and it was a little bit off.

Thanks for reading and congratulations to all on your journey!!!

The new plan would have me be done for the day at 850 calories at 225lbs. That will NOT work for me. I really don't even feel like I had a bad day. Kashi cereal, Chick-fil-a salad for lunch, pretzels and string cheese for a snack. :-/

Hi everyone! I just renewed my 10 week commitment plan today. I originally (re)joined WW on September 19th. My 10 weeks were up last Saturday (12/4) but we were in WDW so I went today. I am down 20.4. I am pretty proud of myself considering we had an anniversary get away weekend to Lancaster, PA (and I totally enjoyed those Amish cream filled donuts!!), Thanksgiving and a Disney 4 day vacation.

I was very nervous going today because I have not heard many positive reviews of the new program. I wanted to have an open mind and listen to how the new program works. However.... I think I am going to follow the Points Plus program because not only did that work for me, but it worked for my husband and son who do not need WW. I was able to stick to program without making many changes for them. While I can appreciate Weight Watchers wanting us to eat and make healthier choices, I feel that I already HAVE been making better choices, while still enjoying my treats all in moderation. This new program feels like a diet to me and that does not excite me. I hate to say it, but I need my sugary treats and the fact that I can have more turkey or chicken than I could have on Points Plus does nothing for me at 8pm when I want my Skinny Cow ice cream bar (which went from 4 PPV to 6 SPV). I love looking at the menu when we would go out and not go to the ole same thing. Actually reading the menu and finding something that sounds new and exciting and a better choice makes going to eat much more fun!

I have used the Pro Tracker Plus app since I started and I am going to continue to do so. In fact - I have not tracked my daily points since November 11th and I really want to get back into that routine. I wanted so bad when I first joined to have access to the WW app and recipe builder, but now reading how frustrated everyone is with the app, I am glad I don't. I actually thought this time that I was going to pay the additional monthly charge to have access to eTools. Does anyone have any kind of website they use for recipe builder that gives nutritional values so I could calculate points value? I tried to enter a recipe from Skinny Taste into SparkPeople and it was a little bit off.

Thanks for reading and congratulations to all on your journey!!!

Welcome! I am right there with you. I tried one day on the new system side by side with My Fitness Pal. I was over my daily points, with over 700 calories left. Crazy. Like you, I need treats every now and then to keep me going. I eat 80/20 or even 90/10 most of the time, but this plan does not allow for that. Right now, I'm doing Pro Tracker Plus and FitBit's food tracker side by side, trying to decide which to do. I haven't figure out yet how to do activity points with my Fitbit without having it sync to Weight Watchers, so I am still trying to choose which is easier.

The new plan would have me be done for the day at 850 calories at 225lbs. That will NOT work for me. I really don't even feel like I had a bad day. Kashi cereal, Chick-fil-a salad for lunch, pretzels and string cheese for a snack. :-/

Yeah. Same here. So frustrating.

I'm glad it's still working for you! I'm sure it will work for some, but not me.
I heard at y meeting that the points that lifetime members get is higher than what shows on the app, so I think you'll get more than the 30 points. Also, IIRC, you never used your weekly or activity points. It might be worth a try to incorporate those points into your day on the new program.

I did eat 3 Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's yesterday and when I entered them in they were 9 points :headache:! Luckily for me, I don't really have a sweet tooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter