Wearing makeup to the parks

Hmm. I might need to trot over to the mall later!
My skin is so oily it doesn't matter WHAT I put on it, it is always shiny. I have some Clinique products that are supposed to minimize the pores and control oil but they don't work. I will go see if this stuff is any better! I have tried the mineral make-up and it doesn't look any better than anything else I have tried, so no need to invest more money in stuff I won't use!

Did you know most places will let you return products you don't like? I know CVS will, and I think most department stores too. With what they charge, and you have a consultant suggest something....you ought to be happy with it.

What I don't get is, why do some of you seem to take offense with the idea that many of us think we look better with some makeup and prefer to wear it at the parks? :confused3 I don't care if you don't wear it so why do you care if I do?

In a perfect world, everyone would have a perfect complexion and never feel the need for cosmetic assistance but believe me, in my world that's not the case! I don't want to look at my vacation photos and see a white face with red blotches and brown patches and no eyelashes - I want to see a face with the healthy glow that I had 20 years ago! If you still have that look or if you don't care one way or the other - yay for you!

No, I'm not worried about "scaring little children", in fact that might even come in handy at times;). I don't do it for others at all; I just want to feel better knowing I look better.

What I don't get is, why do some of you seem to take offense with the idea that many of us think we look better with some makeup and prefer to wear it at the parks? :confused3 I don't care if you don't wear it so why do you care if I do?

In a perfect world, everyone would have a perfect complexion and never feel the need for cosmetic assistance but believe me, in my world that's not the case! I don't want to look at my vacation photos and see a white face with red blotches and brown patches and no eyelashes - I want to see a face with the healthy glow that I had 20 years ago! If you still have that look or if you don't care one way or the other - yay for you!

No, I'm not worried about "scaring little children", in fact that might even come in handy at times;). I don't do it for others at all; I just want to feel better knowing I look better.

Ditto! Like I said in my post - to each his/her own. I choose to wear it and wouldnt leave the house without it!! :scared1: I wear it for ME and thats about it. I could careless what others do or what they think of me, and yay for them with whatever they choose to wear or not wear. I think more or less that the original post started out as was just a question of who wears a full face and or who cuts back for vacation. It then turned into something else.. :confused3 Do what makes YOU feel good and everything should fall into place. Just my 2 cents. :duck:

I think it's because some people have a real hard time with the concept of "agreeing to disagree". If you're not with us, you're against us sort of mentality.

:confused3

Hmm. I might need to trot over to the mall later!
My skin is so oily it doesn't matter WHAT I put on it, it is always shiny. I have some Clinique products that are supposed to minimize the pores and control oil but they don't work. I will go see if this stuff is any better! I have tried the mineral make-up and it doesn't look any better than anything else I have tried, so no need to invest more money in stuff I won't use!

I have heard that many people have success using milk of magensia (sp?) to control oil. Apparently it acts kinda of like a primer. I haven't yet, but I'm going to try. It's really cheap compared to the other stuff so I figure it's worth a shot.

Trust me, the general population has never done anything to deserve seeing me without make-up!

This is the funniest thing I've read so far, and I totally agree! When I get to a point that I won't even look at myself in the mirror while washing my hands, I know I need to slap on some makeup! :rotfl:

Well....I had years of bad skin when I was much younger. Now that I'm older, I have some scars and the typical crows feet.

I have used Bare Minerals for over 2 years now. It actually has a sunscreen in it so its a positive thing to have it on outside. Before you ask about sweating it off....I have major problems with hot flashes (had a TAH 4 yrs ago) but I really do not have any problems.

Obviously if I'm going to the pool to swim, I don't bother but going out into the Florida sun....I always wear my Bare Minerals...its like having nothing on your face...I absolutely LOVE that stuff.

:)

I have used Bare Minerals for over 2 years now. It actually has a sunscreen in it so its a positive thing to have it on outside.

Quick correction: Bare Minerals has natural SPF properties within its ingredients. They don't add anything to create the SPF. Most mineral make-ups have the same SPF properties, but BM is one of the only ones who had the money to go through the clinical testing to *prove* it. So others can't legally advertise that they have SPF properties, but most all of them do, Everyday Minerals included (my brand I use).

And I had great results with my mineral make up in Florida, both times in September! READ: HOT AND SWEATY! Yes, by the end of a long day out it had thinned a bit, and I would usually wash my face and reapply before going out at night, just to get a fresh start (and it was *refreshing and invigorating* to wash up after feeling so sticky all day!). But nearly all day I kept good even coverage.

NO NO NO
It's way to hot....usually its a bit of eyeliner and some type of spf lip color.
If I was REALLY desperate I'd use a bit of bronzer for a "glow" otherwise, NO NO NO! :rolleyes1

I keep hearing about tinted chapstick, Burt's Bee's? Where can I buy this, because my lipstick always melts right in the tube in FL!!! I am assuming chapstick doesn't melt as fast?

Has anyone with oily skin successfully used mineral foundations? It sounds like they are not so great for people with oily skin........just wondering if any oily skinned women do like the minerals, before I spend the money!!

And what does everyone do when your skin starts to tan, making your original foundation too light? Do you have several colors or do the mineral foundations blend more with your skin tone, than a regular liquid foundation?

I use Revlon Color Stay Active Makeup which has an SPF of 25 plus some Loreal mineral makeup with an SPF of 15. This combination seems to last pretty well through the heat in August at WDW. When I was younger I used to put sunscreen on my face and it alway made my eyes turn red and watery.

To me, that's the key phrase. People I've never met and people I will most likely never see again. I don't care what total strangers think of my makeup or lack there of! ;)

I'm checking out Total Effects by Olay though. That sounds like a product like I can use.

I am a FL resident 45 minutes west of disney), and not that I will see tons of people I know, but I could see someone, used to teach school in Hillsborough county, could see kids and their parents, but none the less, I want to look like I put my best foot forward. I feel like that is with makeup, not without. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: You're kidding right? You actually care what 30,000 perfect strangers think about you? I married the only person who's opinion I would probably give a hoot about and he thinks I look pretty hot without it.
Vanity thy name is bare minerals.
Oh I think I look pretty darn good in the pics also.

Are you saying that I am vain b/c I wear makeup to the parks???? Good for you that you look nice without makeup, I don't and my husband likes when I wear makeup, which is the man I care about.
I am not going out to impress anyone, I want to look my best, that's it. I am not in the bathroom checking it every 10 minutes, I am out having fun with my kids and husband, but I do take the five minutes in the morning to put it on. I do take offense to the implication that I am vain because I care about how I look.:confused3

I keep hearing about tinted chapstick, Burt's Bee's? Where can I buy this, because my lipstick always melts right in the tube in FL!!! I am assuming chapstick doesn't melt as fast?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Burts Bees! :love: They have all kinds of color tints and there is a nice peppermint feeling to it so it moisturizes lips too! I have about 4 tubes going right now - Toffee and Champage are my 2 faves! I can buy them here in NH at CVS, Borders, Walgreens.... They are great! They still get melty, but i noticed they had squishy tubes of tinted lip balm/gloss too! :thumbsup2

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Burts Bees! :love: They have all kinds of color tints and there is a nice peppermint feeling to it so it moisturizes lips too! I have about 4 tubes going right now - Toffee and Champage are my 2 faves! I can buy them here in NH at CVS, Borders, Walgreens.... They are great! They still get melty, but i noticed they had squishy tubes of tinted lip balm/gloss too! :thumbsup2

I can't believe this is such a lively thread...I am still waiting for the Energizer Bunny to come out somewhere...:confused3

I always wear make-up to the parks. A little foundation, blush and mascara. WDW is the place I take the most pictures... I at least want to look good in some of them.

Very, VERY interesting! I never knew that existed, but I can certainly relate. I used to sell Mary Kay and GOT OUT OF IT VERY FAST! I'm not a girl that wears "dresses". I'm more of a pantsuit kind of girl. Well the MARYKAY team DID NOT LIKE pantsuits! As a matter of fact they (the DIRECTOR) demanded that I wear a dress or skirt and blouse. They stated that pant suits a more sexual way to dress, and that dresses were more "proper". Forget that! I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Brunette

While we are on the subject, Can anyone recommend a good concealer? I want something that will cover dark undereye circles AND acne scarring.:)

My favorite is from Philosophy.....it is in a small compact and has 3 colors in it. I use it conceal uneven skin or the occasional zit I get (during menopause:confused3) and also if I have a wedding/black tie I also use it on my eye lids as a primer buff some BM on & then shadow.
The best thing about the Philosophy concealer is you can make it as light or dark as you need. I go for airbrushing tanner in the summer & I can still use the same compact due to the ability to blend all 3 colors together.

Has anyone with oily skin successfully used mineral foundations? It sounds like they are not so great for people with oily skin........just wondering if any oily skinned women do like the minerals, before I spend the money!!

And what does everyone do when your skin starts to tan, making your original foundation too light? Do you have several colors or do the mineral foundations blend more with your skin tone, than a regular liquid foundation?

BM blender here...I have 3 shades I use.:)
I do have oily skin in my "t-zone" and I am so pleases with BE & BM. I actually think my skins looks really good without any makeup since BE.

Whoops wanted to add I used my Buxom Lips in TRIXIE today & it was great! Stayed on, not sticky, very moisturizing, great smell & minty tingle. Two people asked me in the office what I had on my lips.

Some interesting reading about Mary Kay http://www.pinktruth.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=54&Itemid=45

I do think it is more popular in the South than on the West Coast. I actually don't know anyone in the SF Bay Area who sells Mary Kay. I'm sure that there are some, but it's not popular out here due to the religious aspect of the company.

Back on topic, for those who wear a tinted foundation, how do you adjust it as your skin gets tanned or burned :eek: during your Disney trip? Is there a tinted foundation with a high SPF that won't melt off?

The one thing I like about BE is that I can blend it really well all the way down my neck and chest to avoid my face looking one color and my neck the rest. I haven't had a reaction to anything in BE, even with California heat, but now I'm all worried about it happening in Florida! Ya all almost have me convinced to wear a little makeup to the parks this time. :rotfl:

MK is very odd to me....Also the products are not popular in this area at all.

Anyway just buy a BE shade a shade or 2 darker and mix your color & it will be perfect!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest