Wearing makeup to the parks

this is a very funny thread, astonishing how many replies on make up!
I for one wear make up everyday in the parks - my mascara never runs, I have been using covergirl professional for over 15 years, and it never melts or smudges. I do not wear any foundation, but do wear mascara, and lipgloss, and powder - b/c I cant stand it when I get shiny - -that's it for the parks, takes 5 minutes, and I am happier and that means so is dh :)

I am also 34 years old and wear mickey barrettes in my hair at the parks (just thought I'd throw that in there :))

I keep hearing about tinted chapstick, Burt's Bee's? Where can I buy this, because my lipstick always melts right in the tube in FL!!! I am assuming chapstick doesn't melt as fast?

Chapsticks usually have higher wax content and less pigments, which make it more solid than usual lipsticks. But they can still melt, you betcha!

I use Burt's Bees, but it isn't my favorite. It feels a little waxy to me. I like Almay's tinted lip balm with 15 spf.

Has anyone with oily skin successfully used mineral foundations? It sounds like they are not so great for people with oily skin........just wondering if any oily skinned women do like the minerals, before I spend the money!!

If you buy Bare Minerals to start out, you can return it anytime if it doesn't work for you. I got mine from Sephora, ordered it online. Returned it without issue, when I discovered my allergy to the bismuth.

nd what does everyone do when your skin starts to tan, making your original foundation too light? Do you have several colors or do the mineral foundations blend more with your skin tone, than a regular liquid foundation?

These mineral foundations blend really really well, so it takes a bit before it won't really blend into your skintone. That said, you can have a second foundation for when you tan, or get one of the bronze blush colors and mix it in to adjust the color as you like.

I wear a tinted moisturizer with spf 30 in it, I brush some bronzer on my nose cheeks and eye and mascara! It's my summer look! I still have some make up on but im not all done up. I cant not wear make up, I have scars from having acne my teen years, and I still break out a little so at 23 I like to cover that up! But yeah I used to do a full face with the cover up blush bronzer eye shadow/liner and mascara but looking back at pictures it's like my face just melted off and was smeared so I just do minimal make up now! EVEN my mom who is a lady who doens't leave the house with out make up and lip stick, only does limited makeup!

SO thats about it!:woohoo:

Oh yeah Im a big beliver in tinted chap stick with spf in it!

NO NO NO
It's way to hot....usually its a bit of eyeliner and some type of spf lip color.
If I was REALLY desperate I'd use a bit of bronzer for a "glow" otherwise, NO NO NO! :rolleyes1

:sidles up to a1tinkfans:

I think we may be the only two on here who don't like to wear makeup to the parks...think we should start our own thread?

I think we may be the only two on here who don't like to wear makeup to the parks...think we should start our own thread?

You could talk about the products you don't wear and why...

But isn't it more fun to keep the makeup thread going into DISternity?

I'm number three ---- while on vacation, I just can't be bothered to put make up on.:thumbsup2

Unfortunately guys, some of us just feel more confident in makeup. I have a horrible pregnancy mask on both my cheeks and down my neck on both sides. Haven't been pregnant for 10 years and it's back with a vengeance. Makeup just helps me feel less self-conscious about it. However, I've been known to go out without makeup before and I'm ok with that too at times. I'm quite pale, though, and I usually get the "do you feel ok?" remarks when I don't wear any.

Just picked up the starter pack at Sephora of the Bare Escentuals and so far I've liked it. Takes a little longer to apply all those light layers than when I used BeautiControl, but it looks tons more natural and feels a lot lighter. I may have to go get the color pack for eyes next.

Kudos for you that don't have to wear makeup! I was like that for years. But at the tender age of 45, things change. I hope that, as I get older and through menopause, my complexion will change for the better. My mother never had to wear makeup and she was beautiful in her old age.

I can't believe how many people have written about makeup. That said, I do wear makeup to the parks. I think I look horrible without it!!:eek: But since I am going the end of June into July and it will be super hot, I will wear the bare minimum. But there are some that I see at the parks who go over board, and that I just can't understand in the heat.

Kudos for you that don't have to wear makeup! I was like that for years. But at the tender age of 45, things change. I hope that, as I get older and through menopause, my complexion will change for the better. My mother never had to wear makeup and she was beautiful in her old age.

I'm sure as you get older, things will get better. I turned 50 this year, and thanks to Oil of Olay, I can still go without makeup when I want. Usually when I'm at WDW, I'm too anxious to get to the parks in the morning to even think about makeup so I don't even take it with me anymore - why pack something I'm not going to use when I can use that space in my suitcase to take more back home!!!!!:woohoo:

I too wear make up in the parks, and I wear MAC. Its expensive and I know that by then end of the day that its going to be gone. However its part of my routine of getting ready in the morning. 5 minutes and Im done. I do switch to waterproof mascarra when Im at the parks.
I just dont feel presentable without it. I look tired and sick without it. My almost 2 year old might have something to do with the tired part. But Its just not me without it and it has a SPF in it too. And since Im allergic to regular sunblock I dont mind it at all.

Another one here that wears makeup to the park! But i only wear eye makeup (shadow, eye liner and mascara)... powder for the face, then lipstick...

i don't get the mail w/o full makeup on! i put makeup on while in labor on the way to the hospital to give birth, so yes i will certainly be wearing makeup to the park.

I'm 40yo and don't wear any make up in or out of the parks.

I wore some for my prom when I was 17yo, the occasional special occasion and for my wedding 8yrs ago...but none otherwise.

I've never liked wearing makeup. It gets all over me, looks like crap half way through the day and forget about lipstick and mascara...I just look like a raccoon and lipstick just feels weird on my lips...yuck!

Dh actually hates when I do wear it...insists I don't "need" it! He asked that I not wear it for our wedding but I caved to peer pressure (my sis and friend) and ended up going to the Clinique counter for some "light" makeup.

We just went to a wedding this weekend and dh was thrilled that I didn't wear any. To be honest, I wear it so infrequently that I generally have to buy all new stuff if I do decide to wear some...and I didn't feel like stopping at the store for some more!

So wearing makeup in the parks is way at the bottom of my list!

I wore my bare minerals make in the park last week for the first time. Was awesome. Still in place by days end. I rely on Bobbi Brown tinted lip glosses with SPF. They are expensive but are great for Florida and summers here in Baltimore. having lived in Orlando for a number of years I lost many a lipstick to the heat. Does not take long to melt a lipstick in the florida heat!

I don't wear makeup in the parks because my face sweats, but I always have my eyelashes dyed before vacation, since my eyelashes are naturally very light. So it looks like I'm wearing mascara when I'm not!

i don't get the mail w/o full makeup on! i put makeup on while in labor on the way to the hospital to give birth, so yes i will certainly be wearing makeup to the park.
I thought I was the only one who did that? And I put it on the next morning for when we had visitors. I felt like I had already been through hell, I didnt want to look like it too! :rotfl2:

I don't wear makeup in the parks because my face sweats, but I always have my eyelashes dyed before vacation, since my eyelashes are naturally very light. So it looks like I'm wearing mascara when I'm not!
You can really do that? I have never heard of such a thing! Interesting... ;)

oh no..there's three of us! :goodvibes

Although..after reading all of these responses, I'm feeling pulled to start wearing makeup to the parks so I don't scare people. :scared1: :hyper:

I bought some Neutregina Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer last night. Someone recommended it on this thread. I usually wear BE to work, but I wanted to give this a try for the anti-acne/anti-wrinkle stuff it's got in it.
It's nice stuff, but unlike BE, I can feel that I'm wearing foundation. I have very pale skin, so I had to get it in the Ivory color. I couldn't wear this at all in Florida, because even with SPF 70, I tan pretty much instantly as soon as I hit sunshine. The Ivory foundation color my non-Florida skin is, would be completely off and look really silly.

I told my wife about this thread and that I'm thinking about wearing makeup when we go to WDW in a little over a week and she just laughed! She then told me that she finds me more beautiful without makeup than with (isn't she a sweetie?) and that vacation is a time to not worry about what anyone else thinks and just have fun.

I'm with ya' there! When I woke up at 2am in labor, I told my DH to let his work know it's time, then took a shower, dried & styled my hair and put on myakeup. And, I got comments on how good I looked after having the baby. :cool1:

But then, being a scrapbooker and working in the hospital where I had my baby, knowing there would be plenty of pics taken and posted in my unit, I didn't want to look like I'd just been to hell and back. ;)

I thought I was the only one who did that? And I put it on the next morning for when we had visitors. I felt like I had already been through hell, I didnt want to look like it too! :rotfl2:

You can really do that? I have never heard of such a thing! Interesting... ;)

Yes, you can! I try to do it before vacations - especially camping - the one vacation where I don't worry about makeup.

I do my brows, too because they're very blond and don't show up. It's so nice to wake up with a face!!! Add a little Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker in Dr. Pepper and I'm good to go! :cool1:

Sounds like a beautiful look. What "tinted" moisturizer do you use? Does it give you medium coverage? I too, love MAC cosmetics. Has anyone here tried Bobbi Brown, they have a GREAT CONCEALER. Also, AVON has some great products and they're reasonably priced.

Brunette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter