I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Curious if anyone has any experience with this -

We will be renting a car for one day after a cruise that will be returning to the Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) cruise port. Our plan is just to uber/shuttle to FLL to get the car. We are spending one night in Miami and then flying out of FLL the next day. We will need to return the rental car around 11:00am. It's hard to tell exactly when we will get to the rental place to pick up the car, but my guess is it will be over a 24 hour rental, but will be pretty close either way.

If I put in from 11am-11am (just a one day rental), the rate is $70. When I change it to say 9am - 11am, the rate goes up to $125. I do understand this because I'm being charged for basically two days.

I guess my question is, if I reserve it from 11am-11am and get there to get the car early, will I just be charged the $125 if we keep it over the 24 hours or will there be a bigger penalty for us keeping the car past the 24 hour mark? I'm just wondering if we'd be out a lot more than the $55 difference I'm being quoted now if we miss the 24 hour window.

Thanks!
Depends on the company. Most of the larger companies you book a daily rate with an hourly charge if you go over that converts to a daily rate after so many hours, usually 4. You're always charged the rate based on when you drive out of the lot and when it gets checked in. I believe it is the Enterprise companies that give you a little leeway before charging for going just over the daily or weekly mark before charging the hourly rate. It shouldn't be more than what you were quoted for 26 hours with any of the majors.

Just got back from our first trip to Disney since 2020 (pre-Covid). Got to ride almost everything new we hadn't ridden - Remy's, Mickey's Railway, & Guardians, so that was cool. Our boarding group for Tron was such a high number and it didn't get called until 11pm, but we had already left so we'll have to do Tron next time. And omg, I had stayed away from spoilers or even reading/watching anything whatsoever about GotG.... holy cow! My DH got SOOO sick. Also, they seated us in Row 10 which I later read is one of the most wild rows (9 being the top for thrills). So I'm sure that probably contributed. But WOW, what a great ride! I loved it!! Also, I ate my weight in Flower and Garden snacks and desserts, LOL. And hubby was pretty stoked to see Starship perform for the free concert series, so that was cool. Overall, a really great trip back and my first time to the Epcot festival which was AMAZING!
Yeah, it's a great ride! Have your DH try row 1 next time. We took a friend a month ago, it was her first time at WDW! Which meant she wasn't used to rides and roller-coasters, etc. We got row 9 the first time we rode Guardians and she got sick. The second time we asked for row 1 and she loved it!

Yeah, it's a great ride! Have your DH try row 1 next time. We took a friend a month ago, it was her first time at WDW! Which meant she wasn't used to rides and roller-coasters, etc. We got row 9 the first time we rode Guardians and she got sick. The second time we asked for row 1 and she loved it!
He already told me "there will never be a next time", LOL. I guess that's one that I have to go alone on.

Depends on the company. Most of the larger companies you book a daily rate with an hourly charge if you go over that converts to a daily rate after so many hours, usually 4. You're always charged the rate based on when you drive out of the lot and when it gets checked in. I believe it is the Enterprise companies that give you a little leeway before charging for going just over the daily or weekly mark before charging the hourly rate. It shouldn't be more than what you were quoted for 26 hours with any of the majors.
Thanks! I'll probably just book 11-11 then and if we have a pay extra, that sounds like it'll be fine. Thanks again!

I hear ya. This hobby is very situationship heavy and I've banged my head virtually multiple times because I have had to pass on something that did not quite fit into the puzzle pieces I needed at the moment. This year I am juggling planning for 5 different trips. 4 of these for within the next 18 months and one that is about 3-5 years out. I try to stay focused on what I need and I feel like Dug from Up as these offers spring up out of the blue ... SQUIRREL!

This morning I took the upgrade with no regrets. I've got a lot of spend coming up in the next 6 months so it's actually nice to have a card coming that didn't involve increasing my card count. Sometimes I just have to sit down and count the pennies.

Talking to older DD who knows this game - she called you my enabler!

That said, she also agrees it was a good move! So I've got 2 enablers.

Meanwhile, in a week or so, I'm somewhat curious to see what value FNC gets dropped in this account. I've earned a 35k, so no problem if that's it.

Curious if anyone has any experience with this -

We will be renting a car for one day after a cruise that will be returning to the Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) cruise port. Our plan is just to uber/shuttle to FLL to get the car. We are spending one night in Miami and then flying out of FLL the next day. We will need to return the rental car around 11:00am. It's hard to tell exactly when we will get to the rental place to pick up the car, but my guess is it will be over a 24 hour rental, but will be pretty close either way.

If I put in from 11am-11am (just a one day rental), the rate is $70. When I change it to say 9am - 11am, the rate goes up to $125. I do understand this because I'm being charged for basically two days.

I guess my question is, if I reserve it from 11am-11am and get there to get the car early, will I just be charged the $125 if we keep it over the 24 hours or will there be a bigger penalty for us keeping the car past the 24 hour mark? I'm just wondering if we'd be out a lot more than the $55 difference I'm being quoted now if we miss the 24 hour window.

Thanks!
I have this same dilemma. Southwest just changed our summer flight, and we'll be arriving 2 hours earlier. The difference in our car rental is $69 for those 2 hours. This is with Thrifty.

The only dp I have is from our trip last fall where we returned our car 2 hours past the 24 hour mark. We were charged $87 more. This was with Avis. Debating if I should just reserve the extra 2 hours upfront...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter