Wearing makeup to the parks

I always wear a little foundation, blush and lipstick. Even when we were in the Caribbean in July/August I was in makeup - must be the Southern in me since I spent my school years in Alabama :rotfl2:

I wear a foundation with SPF 15, which helps with sun protection and also people protection - I would scare the kids if I didn't have foundation!

I haven't tried the Bare Essentials since I have a little problem with using brushes on my face and not looking like I should be on stage :lmao:

I don't wear makeup at home mcuh, so it holds that I don't wear it on vacation either. Especially if I am going to be out all day, in extreme heat, sweating, with no time to reapply or keep it up.

I usually do moisturizer that has sunblock in it, lipstick in a NUDE shade or just lip balm with spf, and eyeliner (waterproof).

DH LOVES me without makeup on and frankly, so do I. I might scare small children if i attempted to put makeup on, since I have ZERO skills in that department. Poor kiddos might think their was a deranged clown on the loose!

9.jpg

There is just something about Mary Kay that doesn't work for me......I have a vision of what a Mary Kay wearer is & I don't match my vision at all.
I also think it is more popular in certain parts of the country.

Hi! I don't know what your vision is, but I thought I'd share what I look like!
This is me with my director and 2 other members of our team at career conference. This is pretty big, so we all want to look our best!
DSCN6822.jpg

This is me a couple of days ago, before I went to a skin care appointment.
iphone001.jpg

This is pretty much what I'll look like in the parks. I have on MK Day Solution with SPF 25, MK Moisturizer, MK Mineral Powder in Ivory 2, MK Mineral Bronzers in Desert Sun (Shimmer) and Sandstone (Matte), MK Eyesicles in Vanilla, MK waterproof mascara in Black, MK lip protector sunscreen, and MK gloss in Pink Diamonds.
iphone002.jpg

Okay, what is this Bare Escentuals you all are talking up so much? Is this the one on the infomercials, or is that Bare Minerals? Like I said I have tried the powder mineral thing by revlon, I think, though maybe it was someone elses, like loreal or something. Anyway, who makes it or where do you get it? I always have trouble matching a foundation to my skin tone, it's light but not so light as the almost whitish pales, or they are too dark and tannish. Btw, I asked my DD17 about makeup and she couldn't think of any reason why one wouldn't wear makeup in the parks if they do all other days, so her vote is also for makeup. Of course, she's a teen who likes some makeup, but not too much. Thanks! :goodvibes

I tried some over the counter ones, too, before MK. They didn't provide any coverage. I so know how you feel!:cutie: If you would like I can send you some samples, PM me!
:goodvibes

I wear Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Tinted Moisturizer, it has tint, sunscreen & retinol it is lite I love it. Maybe Mascara, depends how hot it is.

Kae

This is what I don't get:

If I told you I was going to a "place" with 30,000 people I have never met, and at said "place" I would have to have my pic taken at leat 49 times, . . . but I don't need any makeup (when I normally wear makeup everday), you would want to know what was up

WDW is a place with 30,000 people you don't know and you will have your picture taken there more than you probably will for the whole year put together. Why wouldn't you want to at least try to look your best???:confused3

Make up wearer here!! I think I might try this Bare Minerals you all are referring to. Sounds like a real winner.

You're assuming that I don't look my best without make up? ;)

I prefer the au naturel look (many, many women wear too much make up to begin with) and I don't think melting make-up is attractive on anyone, regardless of what you started the day off with on your face.

I'm happy with what I look like in my photos, but I also have long dark lashes and a nice natural lip color, so even without makeup, I look nice. :goodvibes

I too use the MK line and love it. I find their minerals work best for me. And I will admit that I'm not up on any religious aspect of the company, nor do I want to be, but I do like their products and I do not look like I scream Mary Kay, if you know what I mean :rotfl: . But I WILL say that if you go to a MK party, do NOT say you may be interested in being a saleswoman at any time in your life - either this one or several incarnations later - because you WILL be pursued relentlessly!! I know this for a fact because it happened (and is still happening) to me!::furious: If you can order the products through one of their catalogs that's the way to go. And with all of the above being said, I do recommend this product line, it gives you a flawless finish. And I'll be bringing my "arsenal" with me to WDW in August so I can let you guys know how MK holds up with sweat!

I have seen so many pictures of women in the parks wearing a full face of makeup and it just baffles me! Why wear makeup to a theme park? How do you get it to stay on and not melt in the heat?

Why? To look good in photos. Buy good quality make up and not the cheap stuff and it won't melt off.

I do wear makeup in the parks. That's pretty much the only time I wear makeup, because it has sunscreen in it!!! :rotfl: But not a full face. I wear a full face of makeup only once a year, for family pictures. Too lazy otherwise. :rotfl2:

all about MAC products baby-I always say you get what you pay for!!! Cheap makeup never lasts...MAC stays on til you wash it off with cleanser. I always wear make up-i hate when pics come back and my white irish skin looks so pale and awful compared to all the tannies in my family next to me...lol

I Personally, I think that women have been so heavily influenced by cosmetics companies to think that they look so awful that they "scare little children" if they don't wear makeup. )

Aw, the pitfalls of a capitalist society. :rotfl:

I can't be bothered with anything besides sunscreen and lipgloss. :cool2:

Aksunshine, your makeup for the parks looks great!

Just my two cents for the posters who like minerals , if you like Bare minerals try everyday minerals . But you can only buy onlineI think. It is about half the cost and is way better in my opinion. Instead of accentuating pores {as I found BE did} they cover them. It is very pure. It does protect from the sun some by itself [ like, maybe an SPF or 15 in my opinion, but also you can buy their sunscreen which is tinted and provides more protection. This stuff is beauty in a jar, and no, I do not sell it. I should! You can order their free sample kit and they only charge for shipping and you can try 3 different colors/formulas and also I think a concealer and a powder too. HTH! :cutie:

Okay, what is this Bare Escentuals you all are talking up so much? Is this the one on the infomercials, or is that Bare Minerals? ... Anyway, who makes it or where do you get it? I always have trouble matching a foundation to my skin tone, it's light but not so light as the almost whitish pales, or they are too dark and tannish.

Yes - it's the same that's advertised on informercials (to buy the "try-me" kit). Several places sell it - Bare Escentuals site, QVC, Sephora, even a few collections are sold at Target.

For me, the foundation in light is the perfect shade, but when I was in the parks, it was easier to just use the tinted mineral veil. If you're afraid that would be too dark, they also have a mineral veil w/out the tint.

Also, there are certain "try-me" kits that give you two different types of foundation so you can determine which is best (i.e. for light skin, you'd get fairly light and light). For an example (though, does not come w/ buki brush):
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail

You're assuming that I don't look my best without make up? ;)

I prefer the au naturel look (many, many women wear too much make up to begin with) and I don't think melting make-up is attractive on anyone, regardless of what you started the day off with on your face.

I'm happy with what I look like in my photos, but I also have long dark lashes and a nice natural lip color, so even without makeup, I look nice. :goodvibes

Ahh lucky you::yes:: , I look like a pasty faced, red cheeked, blotchy mess. God bless those naturally beautiful people!! I think I used to be one of those people, but I had two kids and they reaked havoc on my skin . . . and everything else for that matter. I am only 27, but without makeup, I look old (at least I think so) Just makes me feel presentable!!

If I told you I was going to a "place" with 30,000 people I have never met,

To me, that's the key phrase. People I've never met and people I will most likely never see again. I don't care what total strangers think of my makeup or lack there of! ;)

Oh..and I keep forgetting to mention the bizzare shoe choices I've seen women wearing in the parks. 5" heels hobbling down Main Street's cobblestones? Makes my feet and back hurt just watching them.
I can totally understand if you're going to dinner at V&A, but stilettos to ride Splash Mountain?

I'm checking out Total Effects by Olay though. That sounds like a product like I can use.

Ahh lucky you::yes:: , I look like a pasty faced, red cheeked, blotchy mess. God bless those naturally beautiful people!! I think I used to be one of those people, but I had two kids and they reaked havoc on my skin . . . and everything else for that matter. I am only 27, but without makeup, I look old (at least I think so) Just makes me feel presentable!!

:rotfl: I'm not one of those naturally beautiful people! I just got lucky and have dark hair and a nice natural lip color.

I mean, I'm fairly decent looking (or at least I think I am ;)) but I'm far from beautiful. :goodvibes

If I told you I was going to a "place" with 30,000 people I have never met, and at said "place" I would have to have my pic taken at leat 49 times, . . . but I don't need any makeup (when I normally wear makeup everday), you would want to know what was up

WDW is a place with 30,000 people you don't know and you will have your picture taken there more than you probably will for the whole year put together. Why wouldn't you want to at least try to look your best???:confused3

Make up wearer here!! I think I might try this Bare Minerals you all are referring to. Sounds like a real winner.

:rotfl2: You're kidding right? You actually care what 30,000 perfect strangers think about you? I married the only person who's opinion I would probably give a hoot about and he thinks I look pretty hot without it.
Vanity thy name is bare minerals.
Oh I think I look pretty darn good in the pics also.

makingmusicAK.jpg

Mom having fun with kids.

Eh, men would totally wear makeup if it wasn't viewed as an odd thing to do by most people. Most people like to decorate themselves. :)

Now that I'm past 40, I do look tired in pictures if I don't have makeup on. Of course, maybe the toddler, the preschooler, my disabled Mom, the two dogs, the 8 "foster" cats, and the full-time job have something to do with looking tired too... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter