Washington Commanders

The connotation of the word "commander" to a middle aged Washingtonian:

Figure1:
images

Figure2:
1990-commander-salamander-detail.jpg

It's fine.

I think sports teams should stick to animals. Sharks, Wolves, Bears, Dragons, scorpions, Cobras, Mustangs etc..
Any name will offend someone. Most of those names present negative first impressions (fear-inspiring, yucky, etc) of animals generally, although I think they are fine. But if you chose Butterflies, someone would find something not to like about that too.

Any name will offend someone. Most of those names present negative first impressions (fear-inspiring, yucky, etc) of animals generally, although I think they are fine. But if you chose Butterflies, someone would find something not to like about that too.
YEP!!!!! they lay eggs in your garden, the eggs hatch, the larva turn into munching caterpillars and destroy your hard work in the garden.....in Oregon they love green pea starts....oh wait said it was the slugs that ate my peas and caterpillars they ate the tomato plants

well....it is better than Ground Control

Ground Control to Major Tom
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

A command center (often called a war room) is any place that is used to provide centralized command for some purpose.
While frequently considered to be a military facility, these can be used in many other cases by governments or businesses. The term "war room" is also often used in politics to refer to teams of communications people who monitor and listen to the media and the public, respond to inquiries, and synthesize opinions to determine the best course of action.
If all functions of a command center are located in a single room this is often referred to as a control room.

I would have suggested the Washington Sentinels, but I'm not sure if that was already trademarked.

Other than that, some sort of pirate theme would have been cool. The Bucs and the Raiders already have that. Here's a thesaurus entry for synonyms for pirates, since "Pirates" obviously won't work since it's taken. Some thesaurases include privateer, but here's one with some interesting examples.

noun:​
buccaneer​
raider​
rover​
filibuster​
maurader​
corsair​
sea wolf​
freebooter​
sea robber​
sea rover​

The Washington Filibusters. I mean - it might work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter