VWL question

traceycc

Earning My Ears
I was reading reviews on VWL and all seem great, the only negative I seem to find is the transportation, it said it is long and takes up alot of time, or the walk to the rooms in the villas..Can anyone here elaborate..I know you can take the boat to MK and bus transport to other parks, but is the timing slow??:confused:

We stayed last summer at the VWL for the first time. The direct bus to MK wasn't running at the time so the walk from the villas to the boat dock was long. I think they are now running that bus again. The bus stop is right outside the villas. Our room was located almost at the end of the hall. I didn't think the walk was that bad except that the temp in the hallway was freezing everyday. We loved the lobby in the villas and the quiet pool right outside. We usually stay at Poly or GF and I missed the monorail at the time. I thought the monorail was better transportation. So this Feb. we stayed at the Poly I forgot how crowded the monorail gets at the end of the day. We then missed the transportation at VWL..

The bus transportation at VWL is located between the Villas and the Lodge, so it's extremely convenient. The buses run as regularly as they do to the other resorts. You do share some buses with FW, but since their bus stop is at the front of the resort, it doesn't add a lot of time to the ride, and the bus picks up at VWL/WL first. I found that the boat to MK doesn't seem as far away if you cut through the pool area and around the back of the lodge. You can pick up the boardwalk next to the pool bar, and then it's not far to the boat. I prefer taking the boat because it's more relaxing, but it's not bad to take the bus either. I've never found transportation to be a problem from VWL/WL and I'll be there for 2 1/2 weeks in September.

We love everything about the VWL! The boat rides to the Contemporary or the MK are beautiful rides and don't take long at all! We spend most of the time taking pictures of things you might not get views of otherwise. The buses seem to come regularly for all the other parks at decent times between each other. We've rarely had to sit and wait a long time at the bus stop. You won't be disappointed! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter