Victoria's DISign Thread *Closed*

And... to wrap up my character dining autograph pages...

Chardiningcover.jpg

Chardiningcoverpersonalizedufo.jpg

Really? I thought Aurora was at CRT, but she was not listed in my Unofficial Guide. That's what I've been going by - the character lists in Unofficial Guide and on AllEarsNet, and she wasn't on either list. Perhaps they need updating. What about Ariel? Do I need her, too? Unofficial Guide says that Cape May Cafe has Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Minnie (I don't know how Mickey got in there! xD). So there is no Pluto, Chip, or Dale, and I need a Donald? I'm really upset that my 2010 Unofficial Guide is wrong. I'm paying for their accuracy! I think I'll write them. :rotfl:

Thank you!

Yes you should write them :rotfl2:

Well we had lunch at Cinderella Royal Table and there was Cinderella at the lobby, and Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Belle (blue dress) and Godmother just outside the castle

And we also had Cape May Breakfast this time and only Goofy, Minnie and Donald. This is also the info i got from allears, most of the time they have the most updated info :)

One last thing you were in the Liberty Tree Tavern in january when they were having character meals right? We also had lunch there and it seems we got different characters, we had Chip, Dale, Minnie and PLuto. :)

Well im saving all your pages for a future trip, in 2011 we are going to California, but we plan to return to WDW in january 2012 :woohoo:

One last thing you were in the Liberty Tree Tavern in january when they were having character meals right? We also had lunch there and it seems we got different characters, we had Chip, Dale, Minnie and PLuto. :)

Well im saving all your pages for a future trip, in 2011 we are going to California, but we plan to return to WDW in january 2012 :woohoo:

Well, see I made the autograph pages before I went to WDW, so all I had to work with was the 2008 character list, which included Meeko. Those are the same characters that we had, as well. I just didn't update the Liberty Tree since it no longer has character dining. I would be glad to if you'd like them for scrapbooking purposes, though.

You're headed to Disneyland? I was actually considering doing DLR character autograph pages because I've eaten at most of the character dining restaurants at DL (well, I've eaten at the majority at WDW, too, but I'd never been to Cape May, Garden Grove, or the new H&V with the playhouse characters). WDW just seems to be more popular on the DISign boards, so I figured I would start with that.

Thank you but its not necessary to do the Liberty Tree Tavern one
:)

Yes we are heading to Disneyland, and the boys are very excited about it.
Our family love character meals. I still havent done all the research but i belive we will make Goofy's Kitchen and Minnie's breakfast. Unless you advise me otherwise.
Also i read somewhere that some of Disneyland characters meals have up to 8characters, is that true?
If you ever make the autograph pages, be sure ill be using them
:goodvibes

Thank you but its not necessary to do the Liberty Tree Tavern one
:)

Yes we are heading to Disneyland, and the boys are very excited about it.
Our family love character meals. I still havent done all the research but i belive we will make Goofy's Kitchen and Minnie's breakfast. Unless you advise me otherwise.
Also i read somewhere that some of Disneyland characters meals have up to 8characters, is that true?
If you ever make the autograph pages, be sure ill be using them
:goodvibes

Goofy's Kitchen has up to 8 characters. But it's chaos and you definitely won't get to meet them all. The only character that you're guaranteed to meet is Goofy. Request to be seated on the outer loop (I would also suggest an early ADR... this isn't the best place for a late breakfast). The last time we ate there, we were seated on the inner loop, and the characters were rotating on the outer loop and skipping the inner loop (well, that could've just been the time of day, but they seem to ignore the inner portion of the restaurant closest to the food). There were 8 characters there, but we only got to meet four. It was also completely random - we met with Goofy, Mary Poppins, Wendy, and the penguin from Mary Poppins... don't even know his name! Come to think of it, that makes autograph cards difficult! Perhaps I should just make some general autograph cards for Goofy's Kitchen and one for Goofy?

My favorite character dining at DL is Ariel's Grotto at DCA. It's much smaller than Goofy's Kitchen, and you get to see all of the characters (which is usually the six Disney princesses). Of course, with two boys, that's probably not what you're after!

Not character dining, but be sure to eat at Blue Bayou!!! :goodvibes

Funny you have 8 characters there but its not granted you meet them all in Goofy's Kitchen, in CHef Mickey this year what happened was we finished eating and we didnt meet Pluto and Goofy, the cast member made sure them both came to our table before we left.

And yes i think generic pages would work better for this meal, ill try to look it up to see if there at least some regulars

Definately no princess for us, my boys were up to Cinderella Royal Table this year, but just to take mom to have lunch with the princess, but im not sure they would do it again.

Did you eat at Minnie's breakfast? I believe its in DL Plaza Inn

Thank you about the Blue Bayou, noted that down :goodvibes

Funny you have 8 characters there but its not granted you meet them all in Goofy's Kitchen, in CHef Mickey this year what happened was we finished eating and we didnt meet Pluto and Goofy, the cast member made sure them both came to our table before we left.

And yes i think generic pages would work better for this meal, ill try to look it up to see if there at least some regulars

Definately no princess for us, my boys were up to Cinderella Royal Table this year, but just to take mom to have lunch with the princess, but im not sure they would do it again.

Did you eat at Minnie's breakfast? I believe its in DL Plaza Inn

Thank you about the Blue Bayou, noted that down :goodvibes

Goofy's Kitchen is NOTHING like Chef Mickey's (well, except for the food... that's similar). You'd think that they would be about the same experience, but it's far from it. Goofy's Kitchen is much larger. It's in an almost circular room. The kitchen is in the center, and the seating is around it. Most likely, Mickey and friends will not be there. Last time we were there, it was Goofy, Mary Poppins, that penguin, Wendy, Pooh, Tigger, Chip, and Dale. Only Goofy is wearing his chef's outfit. They will tell you when you check in that the only character that you are guaranteed to see is Goofy. And he really just comes by to make an appearance... he has to visit everyone, so he's not that personal. And he has to go and do a little show every half hour.

No, I haven't eaten at Minnie's, so I am no help with that.

Blue Bayou is the coolest. It's the only restaurant inside of an attraction. Be sure to book this a full 180 days in advance!

Hi Victoria
I would like to request another of your DISigns if possible. Could I get the mickeyheadbuttonbestfriends.jpg with Alaysia on/in the left ear and Serena on the right?
Thank you!

Thank you a hundred times! They are so cute and the girls will be super excited when they see them tomorrow. You are great!

O.K. over the years I have been tempted to do autograph books for my girls, but have always been a bit intimidated so I have always bought them...

But your character dining pages I LOVE that would be so cool to have next trip...

Here are my worries

1. that I will not print them right
2. that I will not cut them right
3. that I do not know how to make it look pretty and pollished when putting it all together...

Do you have any advice? or should I post this in a thread all by itself?

Thanks for any input:wizard:

O.K. over the years I have been tempted to do autograph books for my girls, but have always been a bit intimidated so I have always bought them...

But your character dining pages I LOVE that would be so cool to have next trip...

Here are my worries

1. that I will not print them right
2. that I will not cut them right
3. that I do not know how to make it look pretty and pollished when putting it all together...

Do you have any advice? or should I post this in a thread all by itself?

Thanks for any input:wizard:

There are lots of different ways to get your own customized autograph book. You can print out the pages yourself and take it to an office supply store to get it bound, you can bind the pages yourself, or you can upload pictures onto a photo-printing website such as Snapfish or Shutterfly and order a book (be sure to order matte pages so that the ink won't smear when the characters sign).

***My autograph pages print best as 4x6s. When printed as a 5x7, the side border is cut off. Be careful about this when ordering a photo book... if you want the side border to show up, there will need to be a blank space at the top.***

I recently made my own autograph books and found it easy to do (though time-consuming). I was able to fit three 4x6s to a page. I printed the autograph pages onto printer paper and the title pages and cover onto cardstock. I cut out the pages using a rotary paper cutter (these can be found at an office supply or craft store in a variety of sizes and prices). It was quicker than scissors, and my lines were straight. I laminated (I laminated mine at home, but you can take yours to a copy shop or office supply store to get it laminated) the front and back cover (for the back cover, I used colored cardstock in a coordinating color). Be sure to trim the lamination close to the edge on the side that the binding will be on. There are many different options when binding the book. I bound mine using plastic binding combs (you can get this done at a copy shop or office supply store). You could punch holes and tie the pages together with a ribbon or pipe cleaner. Or you could use binder rings. Or you could buy a 4x6 photo album to slip the cards in and out of.

Here's some photos of my books (more in my photobucket under "Completed DISigns"):

DSCN6061.jpg

DSCN6060.jpg

DSCN6059.jpg

For more ideas on how to make your own autograph books, check out the "A Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book" thread.

Good luck! And if you do decide to make your own autograph books, I'd love to see pictures!!! :goodvibes

I made a really cool Phineas and Ferb Checklist Wish Trip shirt (in "Wish Trip" folder in Photobucket), so I figured I would make a similar WDW shirt (in "Character" folder in Photobucket) for the Phineas and Ferb fans.

phineasandferbto-dolistWDWchecked.jpg

Thank you for answering I should have known there was an instructional thread somewhere I have been around long enough:rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time:hug:

I just see such great designs and I can imagine the characters fussing over the kids autograph books, you are talented.

Then I think I got to make 3 of these and I just freeze up:lmao:

so the fact that you have me truly considering this says volumes of what I think of your designs:thumbsup2

Thank you for answering I should have known there was an instructional thread somewhere I have been around long enough:rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time:hug:

I just see such great designs and I can imagine the characters fussing over the kids autograph books, you are talented.

Then I think I got to make 3 of these and I just freeze up:lmao:

so the fact that you have me truly considering this says volumes of what I think of your designs:thumbsup2

Aww, thank you!

I made four autograph books for the first time in one night - you can do it!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi Victoria

Super designs!!! Please may I have the Phineas and Ferb checklist with Disneyland instead of WDW.

Thanks

Lisa :)

Hi Victoria

Super designs!!! Please may I have the Phineas and Ferb checklist with Disneyland instead of WDW.

Thanks

Lisa :)

phineasandferbto-dolistDL.jpg

Ah, yes. Sorry, I put that one in my DL folder, but I put the WDW in "character." That doesn't make much sense! Here you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter