• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VDH Opening

Just got a call from my guide letting me know he is now licensed in CA, and verifying all of my contact information. Didn’t say when, but did say he would be sending me email and snail mail info soon.
Mine left me a vm last week just to remind me about the cash reservations and how she otherwise has no new news. Remember to ask questions for us at Star View Station Lounge next week and take lots of pics. I won’t be able to make it to the lounge until the weekend since I’ll be goinf my first Disney cruise!

The charts though include the lock off premium and you have to compare to the base year when looking at the charts…so, if there are more weekends in one year, or seasonal shifts it will change the things we see on actual charts …

You also can’t count leap year because they don’t sell for 366 days…DVC uses for 365 and actually only sells 51weeks as they keep the other as required by law…

When there is a leap year, you have extra points in the charts…the chart I posted should match the total declared points…and then charts are created from there.

So, compare it only to 365…and the whole point of the maximum chart is to show what it would be with no differences..

When you look at the actual charts, you have to account for the differences that are calendar and have to discount them because they can add more points…for example. like I said, leap year will.

But, I am going to admit I don’t really understand what you are trying to do…so I am sure it’s me. Lol
Choosing 2023 or manually adjusting for leap year changes the points in a year by roughly 0.27%, essentially unnoticeable on the total points and really unnoticeable on the pts/night because both numerator and denominator decrease.

Poly and CCV's Booklet (Multi-site POS) numbers align so closely with the properly weighted average that it is likely how they determined the Booklet numbers. But it doesn't add up as cleanly with Riviera. It's as if they had a silent reallocation between Multi-site POS being finalized and the 2020 Points Chart being released.

To my end, this means that there is no clean way to convert a real Points Chart into these Booklet numbers that could then be reversed. Makes it all a little more handwavey and low confidence. @Epcot Forever Forever's guess of "basically the same as VGC" is a good one as a baseline, though whether PV = VGC or SV = VGC is TBD. I'm inclined to say PV = VGC.

that would be one narrow showcase. Isn't that what Disneyland Forward is supposed to be?
Buncha new Disneyland Forward stuff today. Most interesting things to me are
1) Pixar Pier Hotel (which sits on land not owned by Disney and is part of ARSP not the Theme Park District) would be in the new portions of the park

2) Feb 24 target approval

3) no outdoor rides allowed on that land due to noise ordinances!!

https://twitter.com/parkwizar1/status/1647300474394247168
https://twitter.com/parkwizar1/status/1647287634048479232
https://twitter.com/parkwizar1/status/1647279728389419009
https://twitter.com/parkwizar1/status/1647268674351562752
https://twitter.com/parkwizar1/status/1647266382156005377

Last edited:

So, if they have updated the multi site POS with the points chart maximum reallocation, does anyone have an updated copy of the rest of this POS?

It would seem it should include information regarding the potential restrictions but I don’t know where to find it. My version is only the one updated to include RIV.

I can’t believe the would amend only this part and not everything.

I just got a direct contract and in the booklet they send you for documents, they have now added the Disneyland Hotel Villas, in there it says that the studios will sleep 5 but I have been hearing just 4.
edit: it says information known as of June 27, 2022. Maybe they did plan on doing 5 people at one time in the development process
Can you post a picture of the page that shows this?

So, if they have updated the multi site POS with the points chart maximum reallocation, does anyone have an updated copy of the rest of this POS?

It would seem it should include information regarding the potential restrictions but I don’t know where to find it. My version is only the one updated to include RIV.

What page would that be on?

I found it. Looks like it. The even bolded it in this booklet, just in case you were not aware of the restrictions
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 9.36.41 PM.png

Sad day, but I know it would have been terrible for all the Riveria Owners out there if they were the only resort to have such restrictions
DVC would have reversed course by now if they were querying restrictions and it wouldn’t suit DVC's overall strategy if they kept excluding resorts from restrictions. The idea is to differentiate direct from resale and play the long game. I would suggest there is no more debate to be had (though I am sure people will continue to argue that new Poly won't be restricted.)

View attachment 753608

The important thing to know i that this information was accurate as of 6/27/22
Whoa, the 'door to nowhere' in the plans was...potentially real?

For background, in the published floor plans, IIRC on the 2nd floor, there was a 1BR that had space for an adjoining door to a Deluxe Studio for a lockoff. The 1BR had the glyph for an adjoining door but the adjacent Studio did not. All other 1BR had clear indications of being a lockoff, but this one room made the plans ambiguous for whether all 1BR were part of a lockoff or not and I called the door in the 1BR a 'door to nowhere'.

We now know there is 1 dedicated 1BR somewhere. While other plans might have changed and that 2nd floor 1BR is part of a lockoff, still kinda interesting.

Anyway, the room count is down a little bit compared to the original plans. Original plans were 350 with full lockoff splitting.

POS posted by @nlenguyen indicates 326 rooms without lockoff splitting, 344 with full splitting. This 344 matches Disney Parks Blog "344 whimsically themed rooms" from March 6.

We also now know approximate total number of points: 3.3mil.

3.3mil = 365 * (15 * 16pts + 17 * 17pts + 4 * 19pts + 75 * 21pts + 170 * 24pts + 4 * 29pts + 1 * 42pts + 38 * 62pts + 2 * 135pts)
Assumptions made: Any room with a Pool View is "Preferred" except the rooms in the Garden building. The 2nd Garden building will not be constructed and the lone Garden Building will be a 4 Duo + 4 Deluxe. The two other rooms from original plans that I'm guessing didn't make the cut were 1 Duo and 1 Deluxe on the first floor that potentially had a patio but a Standard View facing the berm. Even if this is off by a room here or there, it's still ~3.3mil points with the flattened points per night in the POS.

Last edited:
Sad day, but I know it would have been terrible for all the Riveria Owners out there if they were the only resort to have such restrictions
Unpopular Opinion:

I actually don’t think it’s sad. It means that my 200 direct points are more likely to be able to book a room at 7m without having to complete with the millions of resale points in the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter