Updated w/ Disney response. Confirmation email and reciept are jokes! Beware

angeluna

Hyperfocused on Disney
I'll try to make a long story shorter. Worth reading.

My family and I decided to go Disneyworld during the holidays. (I know crazy busy time, but only option at moment). I figured we had missed out on free dining for our dates, but after continual checking online I finally found our dates available. I quickly booked and all was well. Shortly thereafter I got a confirmation email with our dates, names, resort, amount paid and balance due.

I linked my res with My Disney Experience. While looking at dining options in the app I noticed our vacation dates were different. I called Disney and explained the problem. Figured it was issues with the new app. They said no it was booked for two days less than what I was telling them. I asked how that could be when we had a confirmation email? The rep said she had to call Disney and check into it further. Silly me, I thought I was talking to Disney. :confused3

After a 40 minute phone call I was told no there had been a computer glitch but they had added the two days on and I would now owe another $681. :eek:
I reminded them that I had a receipt. Didn't seem to matter. Thank you have a good day. Click :furious:

Of course they didn't ask if there was anything else I needed that day, or even a short survey at the end. Just we will send out a new email with the new details. I'm at a loss. The complete lack of customer service is appalling to me. Imagine if this was my first time going. At the moment I'm not even looking forward to our trip with the excitement I used to have with previous trips, because Disney just seems to be losing it's magic. The things that made it Disney and worth the extra money. :(

I guess I'll be trying to call them again tomorrow. Just wanted to warn everyone to double check everything from Disney!

Page 4 has new info from Disney.

I thought I was the only one having issues. I paid the remainder of my trip balance on Monday. I received an email receipt showing they had charged my credit card twice for the same amount yesterday morning. After speaking to customer service and being told that they would credit the second charge, I believed the problem was resolved. This morning I was sent another email from Disney showing an additional charge ( was expecting a credit ) so I spent 35 minutes on the phone with Disney trying to rectify the problem and was assured the last charge would be credited as well - I'm almost afraid to look at my emails tomorrow.

Wow, what is the deal lately with their computer system? It's downright ridiculous.

Wow, what is the deal lately with their computer system? It's downright ridiculous.

I blame Voldemort. I hear he is in town now.

But seriously, things seem out of control these days. One would think they would have a better handle on things at this point. I suppose it's still in testing.

I thought I was the only one having issues. I paid the remainder of my trip balance on Monday. I received an email receipt showing they had charged my credit card twice for the same amount yesterday morning. After speaking to customer service and being told that they would credit the second charge, I believed the problem was resolved. This morning I was sent another email from Disney showing an additional charge ( was expecting a credit ) so I spent 35 minutes on the phone with Disney trying to rectify the problem and was assured the last charge would be credited as well - I'm almost afraid to look at my emails tomorrow.

I would dispute with your credit card company.

I had to cancel a day off of our trip, due to a child's unexpected sport commitment. Called Disney, canceled a day and was told to expect a refund in 10-14 days. I kept looking at my credit card, no refund. Well I wanted to upgrade my dining plan, while I was doing so, I decided to check on my refund because it was well over two weeks.

The CM apologized, because they put it as a credit to be used on property. Add to that this is a one day reservation and it was my LAST day.

The CM I was working with was wonderful and sincerely apologized but, really if I ask for a refund, I expect a refund.

To the OP I would be furious too!

Op, I had a similar situation with upgrading to an AP recently!

We got a 3-Day PH from a legitimate 3rd party vendor, and at the end of the trip, we decided to upgrade it to an FL Resident AP. I calculated an upgrade price without bridging then went to guest services to upgrade.

After much fiddling with the ticket (the CM seemed confused about upgrading a ticket to an AP), he gave me a price lower than expected. It wasn't significant, so I just assumed it to be price bridging, as the ticket had been used. We paid, he scanned the card, and all was good.

Then, I get home and look in MDE to see the AP with an expiration date with October 23, 2014 not July 3, 2015 (the ticket was first used 7/3). I call up Disney and am told that I'd need to phone ticket services in the morning as they were closed now.

Next day, I call ticket services and after a forty minute wait, a CM tells me that the CM at GS somehow upgraded it to a renewal AP (which isn't possible without an original but he did it), which supposedly means that the expiration date goes from when the ticket was purchased by the third-party reseller (so I guess they bought it in October). Regardless, this makes no sense. I've done actual AP renewals and this has not been the case. He proceeded to tell me, I'd need to pay $80 more to have the rest of the year for this AP.

Perhaps, this was inappropriate but I said no (to which he responded my ticket is non-refundable so I'm in essence being held hostage) as this was not my error and the math wasn't lining up. He told me to go to GS next time I'm in the park and see what they can do. Ugh.

I can't believe so many people are having problems. Mistakes happen I know, but the fact that Disney doesn't seem to care is what is troubling me. And you're right about feeling like they are holding you hostage in a way because they provide no alternatives. Seems like Universal is stepping up their game while Disney's is going downhill. Maybe that's why so many Disney executives are jumping ship and going to work for Universal.
I know that with my family we will still make great memories at Disney, but I feel they moving toward just being a theme park rather than a magical experience. Hope it works out for us all.

Sounds like my local cable company: Time Warner Cable. They have got ridiculous in pricing and their customer service has went way down hill.

Good Luck everyone. So far so good for my upcoming trip:)

I find it amazing that Disney can design and build the most complicated ride/attraction on the planet but can't figure out how to make their website and resort software work. I made reservations this morning and the website kept kicking me off. By the time i had it made my language was not very Disney like...

I find it amazing that Disney can design and build the most complicated ride/attraction on the planet but can't figure out how to make their website and resort software work. I made reservations this morning and the website kept kicking me off. By the time i had it made my language was not very Disney like...

My thoughts exactly!

I'm not so concerned with the computer systems as I am the human customer service. In the case of the double and triple charging, I would have expected the customer service CM to have made sure the resolution to the problem happened correctly. That involves going the extra mile to check the results of what was done in the computer system to make sure the credit was performed as expected. That's going the extra mile that we have come to expect from Disney. But, alas, it seems going the extra mile is becoming more rare at Disney. It makes me sad, especially the way the OP was treated.

OP, I'm confused - did your confirmation of booking have the correct dates (your full vacation) and MDE was showing 2 less days, or did the 2 less days in MDE prompt you to double check your reservation where you then found it was for 2 less days then you requested? I only ask because the first scenario points to a system issue and the 2nd one is human error on the part of the CM who did the reservation. The first scenario is far more concerning to me. I have always booked online or done all my pricing online before calling in, so I would've noticed if the price was nearly $700 less than I was expecting at time of booking.

OP, I'm confused - did your confirmation of booking have the correct dates (your full vacation) and MDE was showing 2 less days, or did the 2 less days in MDE prompt you to double check your reservation where you then found it was for 2 less days then you requested? I only ask because the first scenario points to a system issue and the 2nd one is human error on the part of the CM who did the reservation. The first scenario is far more concerning to me. I have always booked online or done all my pricing online before calling in, so I would've noticed if the price was nearly $700 less than I was expecting at time of booking.

Confirmation of booking showed the correct dates. MDE showed 2 less days. We have notebook going of all different res type possibilities that we wished for (Fort Wilderness was one). Because of that I have a ton of different $ totals in my head. When I saw this reservation available I just jumped on it quickly and then ran to work. Didn't over analyze it like I usually would. Figured it's Disney and have never had a problem like this in all of my years of going. I really thought MDE had made a mistake since it's been prone to issues. While on the phone trying to figure out the problem the condescending rep decided to give me a math lesson too. Ugh. Honestly yes, the total should be the newer total that I have now been told. That's why I have delayed calling them back. It's just the matter of how things were handled and the fact that this never should have happened to begin with. A first timer wouldn't question every single detail, nor should I have to. You get a bill and that's that. It's hard to put in words how I feel. I don't want something for nothing, I just want the outstanding customer service, put a smile on your face when you call, that I have bragged about for years now. I didn't even get good customer service much less outstanding. And let's not even mention the music that sounded like a bad mix tape on it's last leg that I had to listen to for 40 min. :crazy2: I know I'm ranting (and I'm sorry) but this slippery slope that Disney is on really does have me doubting whether they even care about making magic for their customers anymore. I've just heard more and more stories lately and when you figure in the price increases one has to wonder if it truly is worth it anymore.

Yes I'll go and yes I'll have a wonderful time with my family and Disney knows that. So no need to change things on their end. But, it WILL be different for me and that saddens me.

Ok off my soap box now. Thanks for listening guys. Just didn't want it happening to others.

I'm still confused. Based on the title of the thread Disney is trying to charge you something different than your confirmation email?

What I interpreted from your posts thus far
Dates are for example only

You priced a trip for 8 days at FW
You clicked through and added tickets, dining, etc and check out, paying your bill in full
You got an email confirmation that matched the 8 days and the total you approved to be charged at check out
You went back to look at MDE and you are now seeing 6 days but the same amount paid?

Granted, none of that has any relevance to a rude CM, that's a whole different issue. But if they are charging you one thing but emailing you something else that's a major problem.

I'm still confused. Based on the title of the thread Disney is trying to charge you something different than your confirmation email?

What I interpreted from your posts thus far
Dates are for example only

You priced a trip for 8 days at FW
You clicked through and added tickets, dining, etc and check out, paying your bill in full
You got an email confirmation that matched the 8 days and the total you approved to be charged at check out
You went back to look at MDE and you are now seeing 6 days but the same amount paid?

Granted, none of that has any relevance to a rude CM, that's a whole different issue. But if they are charging you one thing but emailing you something else that's a major problem.

My understanding was that the OP booked 8 nights, got a confirmation of 8 nights, MDE showed 6 nights. The MDE app was actually correct as there was a glitch that showed 8 nights when booking but in reality only priced out 6 nights. Therefore the OP was told (rudely, which is unacceptable) that they had to pay $XXX once the reservation was changed from 6 nights to 8 as originally desired.

I had to cancel a day off of our trip, due to a child's unexpected sport commitment. Called Disney, canceled a day and was told to expect a refund in 10-14 days. I kept looking at my credit card, no refund. Well I wanted to upgrade my dining plan, while I was doing so, I decided to check on my refund because it was well over two weeks.

The CM apologized, because they put it as a credit to be used on property. Add to that this is a one day reservation and it was my LAST day.

The CM I was working with was wonderful and sincerely apologized but, really if I ask for a refund, I expect a refund.

To the OP I would be furious too!

LOL.. yet when I asked for a credit to be used on property from a package change, and they said that was fine, I got there and was told that was actually impossible and it was going to be refunded to me. I stood there and went over it several times with the check in people and they assured me they had no way of leaving a credit on the account for when you check in. :rolleyes2
This was a few years ago.. but based on my experience it wouldn't have been there when you got there either!

ETA) the truly annoying part was I had sent in the payment by check, so they had to cut a check and mail it to me in Canada.

My understanding was that the OP booked 8 nights, got a confirmation of 8 nights, MDE showed 6 nights. The MDE app was actually correct as there was a glitch that showed 8 nights when booking but in reality only priced out 6 nights. Therefore the OP was told (rudely, which is unacceptable) that they had to pay $XXX once the reservation was changed from 6 nights to 8 as originally desired.

Ah, thanks. I am up to speed now. Still sucky service but at least it's not a consumer fraud issue

Strange. I know I have been caught by the website on numerous occasions. For some reason when playing around with getting quotes for trips I can key in my dates and as I click around to different resorts it keeps the dates I entered for a while and then suddenly it reverts back to the default number of days, which I think is 6 coincidentally. I have never quite figured out what I do that causes it to change the dates but all the sudden I notice the totals change and that's when I look back at the dates and see what happened.

Granted, I've never actually gone through the check out process and had it give one confirmation and record a different one for the actual reservation. That is bizarre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter