• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated w/ Disney response. Confirmation email and reciept are jokes! Beware

You shouldn't have to inspect your confirmation, and your MDE, just to make sure you've gotten what you ordered, at the price you ordered. That's the type of thing you do when you're dealing with a company you don't trust...which is not how any of wants to define Disney (or would have for a long time).

When my husband called to make our reservation a couple of months age, he got off the phone and told me, "Apparently we also get that Memory Maker thing for free." I asked what he meant and he said, "The guy said that we also get the Memory Maker, to view all of our park photos online."

I just didn't think that made sense. We had a free dining PIN, and it didn't seem that it would also include free Memory Maker. I asked, "Are you sure you didn't agree to buy it?" My husband said, "No. He just said we were getting it."

So we get all our e-mails with confirmation the next day, and everything goes up in MDE and after a long process of figuring it out (made harder because Disney doesn't break down costs in any of its communications - you're lucky when you can even find the total) - it turns out that we were charged for the Memory Maker. It made me so mad - you don't expect Disney phone CMs to be pulling tricks that are usually the provenance of "As Seen on TV" telemarketers.

Good customer service would honor what your confirmation says and would be less cost for Disney than the negative PR they get when you share your story. Sorry your experience hasn't been so pleasant.

It blows my mind that the reservations you made generated a confirmation email that was correct but not the same thing in MDE. That's a huge and inexcusable glitch! How exactly does that happen on Disney's end? And what if you hadn't figured it out until you were at Disney?

When I booked our upcoming trip, I checked the confirmation email to make sure everything was correct, and that was it. I didn't feel the need to double-check something that was already correct since I already had "confirmation". After reading this thread, I definitely just went back and triple-checked everything.

OP, is there any way you could email Guest Services and maybe forward your confirmation email along with it so they can physically see it? Disney is not honoring your original contract (the reservations and amounts outlined in the confirmation email) with them, and that is not okay.

I keep wondering when it is going to get to the point to be enough for us to stop going. I spent over an hour on the phone with customer service this morning bc 2 days ago I cancelled our room only for the FD promo. The woman doing everything gave me our new reservation number, took my CC info, charged us and said she cancelled the previous one issuing a refund.

Last night I try to link and still not working. I call this morning and the woman says, "are you sure we actually charged you?". Thankfully she wasn't rude or I may have lost it seeing how I was staring at my bank account screen. So she calls Guest Services while I was on hold and after about 20 minutes comes back and says, well the person who booked your packaged booked it and then cancelled it. She said they would issue a credit but we had to rebook again. The other CM also "forgot" to cancel the room only and issue that refund as well". So now I have over $800 tied up in refunds and rebooking. She wasn't rude but wasn't apologetic at all.

Super good times Disney. Doing a great job pushing your customers right out the door with incompetence.

One time wouldn't be a big deal but the fact in June we dealt with them "losing" everything and telling us our package was cancelled which meant more time on the phone with customer service not to mention stress I don't need. I'm pretty much over it. Makes me sad too because I love WDW.

OP, is there any way you could email Guest Services and maybe forward your confirmation email along with it so they can physically see it? Disney is not honoring your original contract (the reservations and amounts outlined in the confirmation email) with them, and that is not okay.

This is what I would do in a situation this serious (wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com) as they'll be very helpful. I have found that the "supervisors" and the sorts on the CRO line can usually be jerks when it comes to dealing with issues like this. To get anything done, you need to speak with guest services.

In regard to my issue, I'm definitely going to speak to someone next time I'm in the park (which will definitely be before October!) to sort this out. I'm pretty frustrated with this and want them to see my face.

That said, I try not to let these kinda blips ruin my experience at WDW. I know it will be fixed (as I'm sure the OP's situation will be if he/she emails guest services) as that department is really great!

I'm still confused. Based on the title of the thread Disney is trying to charge you something different than your confirmation email?

What I interpreted from your posts thus far
Dates are for example only

You priced a trip for 8 days at FW
You clicked through and added tickets, dining, etc and check out, paying your bill in full
You got an email confirmation that matched the 8 days and the total you approved to be charged at check out
You went back to look at MDE and you are now seeing 6 days but the same amount paid?

Granted, none of that has any relevance to a rude CM, that's a whole different issue. But if they are charging you one thing but emailing you something else that's a major problem.

Thanks guys for your help and kind words. I will email and try again. I was told on the phone that day that they were able to find my original confirmation email but that it would not be honored.

For those still confused: We online booked Coronado Springs for Dec. 20-29 with MYW and free dining. Confirmation was for 20-29. MDE dates were 20-27. I wondered if I had paid in full if it would have made a difference or not. Glad we caught it before we were there.

Thanks guys for your help and kind words. I will email and try again. I was told on the phone that day that they were able to find my original confirmation email but that it would not be honored.

For those still confused: We online booked Coronado Springs for Dec. 20-29 with MYW and free dining. Confirmation was for 20-29. MDE dates were 20-27. I wondered if I had paid in full if it would have made a difference or not. Glad we caught it before we were there.

I'd keep trying. That's just wrong.

I thought I was the only one having issues. I paid the remainder of my trip balance on Monday. I received an email receipt showing they had charged my credit card twice for the same amount yesterday morning. After speaking to customer service and being told that they would credit the second charge, I believed the problem was resolved. This morning I was sent another email from Disney showing an additional charge ( was expecting a credit ) so I spent 35 minutes on the phone with Disney trying to rectify the problem and was assured the last charge would be credited as well - I'm almost afraid to look at my emails tomorrow.

I really hope they resolve your issues quickly. I don't think they realize how much time we end up spending on the phone to rectify these issues.

You shouldn't have to inspect your confirmation, and your MDE, just to make sure you've gotten what you ordered, at the price you ordered. That's the type of thing you do when you're dealing with a company you don't trust...which is not how any of wants to define Disney (or would have for a long time).

When my husband called to make our reservation a couple of months age, he got off the phone and told me, "Apparently we also get that Memory Maker thing for free." I asked what he meant and he said, "The guy said that we also get the Memory Maker, to view all of our park photos online."

I just didn't think that made sense. We had a free dining PIN, and it didn't seem that it would also include free Memory Maker. I asked, "Are you sure you didn't agree to buy it?" My husband said, "No. He just said we were getting it."

So we get all our e-mails with confirmation the next day, and everything goes up in MDE and after a long process of figuring it out (made harder because Disney doesn't break down costs in any of its communications - you're lucky when you can even find the total) - it turns out that we were charged for the Memory Maker. It made me so mad - you don't expect Disney phone CMs to be pulling tricks that are usually the provenance of "As Seen on TV" telemarketers.

I agree. And you're right about the confirmation email not having everything broken down. Does make it hard to figure out what you're paying for and for how much.

These all seem like easy ways for Disney to up sell, the old bait and switch.

OP, I just wanted to encourage you to email the details of your issues (receipt not matching MDE, rudeness of CMs you spoke with) and not wait. I've found guest services to be extremely responsive. I had a few minor issues with my last stay (poor room location complete with daily early morning wake up call via the beep-beep-beeps of utility vehicles and lack of turndown service for half of our stay). Obviously not horrible issues but certainly our trip was impacted. I emailed a brief, bullet format email mentioning our issues and who I'd spoken with at the resort . I was flummoxed when I received a phone call asking me to elaborate and was ultimately offered a generous "we're sorry" gift--a night free at the deluxe CL resort of my choice :thumbsup2

Man. Threads like this are a total buzzkill. :lmao:

I wouldn't be taking this wuite as well as the OP is.

I'm so glad we have DVC. I'm going back over there.

OP, best of luck to you!

Tried calling again today about my AP issue and received, more or less, an identical response. In my opinion, if Disney has a glitch, it's not my responsibility to pay for it. Needless to say, I'll be at guest services with the AP in hand next month.

Trying to not let it bother me though as I'm going to DL this weekend and looking forward to it!

I emailed guest services. We shall see.

It is ridiculous the amount of problems Disney is creating for a lot of folks. Unacceptable

This thread made me realize I didn't get an e-mailed receipt for my final payment made on Monday. I just tried the customer service chat, and was told I have to call. I don't understand why something as simple as that can't be handled via chat?!

To OP, that is awful, and to the PP who were overcharged... I hope things work out soon. Sorry it's taking away some of the magic.

Computers can have serious glitches...

This is why I NEVER pay the balance until it's due. I get a nice confirmation email when I book with the deposit only. I would have discovered it then and called CS to straighten it out before they had my money.

As long as you are paying what is actually due for what you are actually going to stay then all is well. These first line CS folks are NOT Disney people. Just ask one once what firm they are working for.

My suggestion for later is if you have a room request you phone or fax it directly to the resort NOT the customer service line.

Hope your stay is awesome!

Op, I had a similar situation with upgrading to an AP recently!

We got a 3-Day PH from a legitimate 3rd party vendor, and at the end of the trip, we decided to upgrade it to an FL Resident AP. I calculated an upgrade price without bridging then went to guest services to upgrade.

After much fiddling with the ticket (the CM seemed confused about upgrading a ticket to an AP), he gave me a price lower than expected. It wasn't significant, so I just assumed it to be price bridging, as the ticket had been used. We paid, he scanned the card, and all was good.

Then, I get home and look in MDE to see the AP with an expiration date with October 23, 2014 not July 3, 2015 (the ticket was first used 7/3). I call up Disney and am told that I'd need to phone ticket services in the morning as they were closed now.

Next day, I call ticket services and after a forty minute wait, a CM tells me that the CM at GS somehow upgraded it to a renewal AP (which isn't possible without an original but he did it), which supposedly means that the expiration date goes from when the ticket was purchased by the third-party reseller (so I guess they bought it in October). Regardless, this makes no sense. I've done actual AP renewals and this has not been the case. He proceeded to tell me, I'd need to pay $80 more to have the rest of the year for this AP.

Perhaps, this was inappropriate but I said no (to which he responded my ticket is non-refundable so I'm in essence being held hostage) as this was not my error and the math wasn't lining up. He told me to go to GS next time I'm in the park and see what they can do. Ugh.
My experience was we had gotten 1 day tickets with free dining. We go through the gate at AK and go to upgrade to a FL resident 3 day pass (the price had increase between the time we got the FD package to the day we went in the trip) CM would not bridge the price. I wasn't going to let $15 ($5 a person) ruin my day. We go to EE and can't get FPs (old days from the kiosk) I show CM receipt and they gave us FP card to use in kiosk to get FPs. Next day we go to MK and in afternoon decide to go to Epcot. I'd have to add Parkhopper so some reason not sure why I ask CM how many days are left. She tells me 2 days I've only used for MK today. When CM at AK sold me the upgrade ticket it was a brand new ticket (which is why it wouldn't work in kiosk) I thought well that's karma for me for the extra $5. So we go in November and I upgrade my ticket to seasonal pass (back then I could upgrade FL 3 day ticket within 6 months, now it's 14 days). We go again in January and I upgrade daughter's ticket, well the CM must've been new. Our first use date was 9/7 so they should expired on 9/7 following year. Well the CM set mine to expire in November (when I upgraded, I'd forgotten my ticket at home and needed a replacement) and daughter to expire in January following year. Again Karma because original CM won't bridge. lol

My experience was we had gotten 1 day tickets with free dining. We go through the gate at AK and go to upgrade to a FL resident 3 day pass (the price had increase between the time we got the FD package to the day we went in the trip) CM would not bridge the price. I wasn't going to let $15 ($5 a person) ruin my day. We go to EE and can't get FPs (old days from the kiosk) I show CM receipt and they gave us FP card to use in kiosk to get FPs. Next day we go to MK and in afternoon decide to go to Epcot. I'd have to add Parkhopper so some reason not sure why I ask CM how many days are left. She tells me 2 days I've only used for MK today. When CM at AK sold me the upgrade ticket it was a brand new ticket (which is why it wouldn't work in kiosk) I thought well that's karma for me for the extra $5. So we go in November and I upgrade my ticket to seasonal pass (back then I could upgrade FL 3 day ticket within 6 months, now it's 14 days). We go again in January and I upgrade daughter's ticket, well the CM must've been new. Our first use date was 9/7 so they should expired on 9/7 following year. Well the CM set mine to expire in November (when I upgraded, I'd forgotten my ticket at home and needed a replacement) and daughter to expire in January following year. Again Karma because original CM won't bridge. lol

That must have been so frustrating! Disney really should take the extra 15 minutes to ensure CMs are in fact comfortable performing upgrades. Often, I seem to get a "I hope this works" feeling from CMs when doing ticket upgrades. It certainly might save them money in the long term. They're quoting me an additional $80+. The women on the phone today was trying to convince me to think of this as a "partial payment" (as in I'm doing this like a two-time payment plan) to which I responded that I didn't sign up for a payment plan. It's just frustrating as I'll have to wait nearly two months to fix it.

That is simply not OK. I'm not saying to refuse to pay it, but they HAVE TO look at this and take this seriously. There is something bad bad bad going on with their online booking system if this is happening, especially if it is continuing to happen.

Confirmation of booking showed the correct dates. MDE showed 2 less days....

Honestly yes, the total should be the newer total that I have now been told. That's why I have delayed calling them back. It's just the matter of how things were handled and the fact that this never should have happened to begin with.

Absolutely. It shouldn't have happened and IMO you need to take it up and up and up some more. Even if you don't want or get any compensation, you should get a sincere apology AND a promise that you feel you can believe that they WILL take the problem to the right people. That simply cannot happen. I actually bet it would be something illegal, that their systems show one thing and ultimately it's another. Their computers cannot work like that or they will get into trouble.

Perhaps, this was inappropriate but I said no (to which he responded my ticket is non-refundable so I'm in essence being held hostage) as this was not my error and the math wasn't lining up. He told me to go to GS next time I'm in the park and see what they can do. Ugh.

Needless to say, I'll be at guest services with the AP in hand next month.

I think that GS is going to be where you'll be helped. I'm not sure if I've read of an AP situation (wrong price, wrong dates) get fixed over the phone, but it can be fixed with some time and research by the GS people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter