I've redeemed more just over 4 figures worth in the past month at BBB. Most recent was a week ago and have some more to redeem this week.

I also redeemed Happy Gift Cards ad Bed Bath and Beyond over this last weekend, although a much smaller amount. Did not seem difficult as just selected credit on the terminal and swiped. Never needed to pass the card along for the transaction.

I also redeemed Happy Gift Cards ad Bed Bath and Beyond over this last weekend, although a much smaller amount. Did not seem difficult as just selected credit on the terminal and swiped. Never needed to pass the card along for the transaction.

I broke it up into multiple transactions. In my experience if you show them the Happy Card, it causes all sorts of issues and then you have a 50/50 chance of success. If you just hit credit and swipe like a normal CC, no issues.

Some BBB also have self checkout now, just scan the gift card and check yourself out as credit.

My avg happy card savings is 15%. So for a $4000 Disney trip, I've saved $600. That pays for the flights..

Question regarding Rakuten: The app shows shopping trip tracked but currently no order value or cash back amount. Does this mean the order is still processing that information or that it is not eligible for cash back?

My Google Pay has/had an offer for 20% off Walgreens up to $25. I purchased a $125 Disney GC and some ortho wax my daughter needed, the $25 is pending in my acct. Should pay out in 30 days.

There was also an offer there for Costco new membership. I went ahead and activated it, then renewed my membership with one of the attached cards and that $30 is pending even though it was not a new membership.

Many of these offers do not require you to checkout using GooglePay, you only need to use a CC that is added to your GooglePay wallet.

I broke it up into multiple transactions. In my experience if you show them the Happy Card, it causes all sorts of issues and then you have a 50/50 chance of success. If you just hit credit and swipe like a normal CC, no issues.

Some BBB also have self checkout now, just scan the gift card and check yourself out as credit.

My avg happy card savings is 15%. So for a $4000 Disney trip, I've saved $600. That pays for the flights..

I've seen a number of posts about Happy Cards and this 15% discount is intriguing. Are people getting these from a certain site for the discount, using credit card points, etc?

I've seen a number of posts about Happy Cards and this 15% discount is intriguing. Are people getting these from a certain site for the discount, using credit card points, etc?

If you buy directly from happy cards they're usually full price. They take promo codes but I haven't been able to find one.

I get them from my credit card promos. Recent ones I've encountered:
Amex Offers - Get $15 back when you spend $100 at Happy Cards
Chase - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 0-10% discount
Wells Fargo - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 0-15%
Discover - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 10-20%

I've found the discounts change wildly. When they bump up to the high end 15-20% they usually only last a couple of days maybe a week. But they seem to happen frequently approximately once every month

Then there's the store ones.
Staples, Lowes, Amazon, others will have discounts from time to time.
Giftcardmall just had a 15% bonus expire yesterday. Spend $50, get an extra 15% of value.

Right now..

Kroger has a big gift card sale online. These are some of the best deals available:
  • Happy Gift Cards
    • Deal: Get a $10 bonus when you buy a $50 Happy Birthday eGift Card
    • Discount: 16.7%

There's also Target spend $50 on a happy card get a $5 target gift card. But this isn't attractive as the others.

If you buy directly from happy cards they're usually full price. They take promo codes but I haven't been able to find one.

I get them from my credit card promos. Recent ones I've encountered:
Amex Offers - Get $15 back when you spend $100 at Happy Cards
Chase - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 0-10% discount
Wells Fargo - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 0-15%
Discover - Redeem your rewards for discounted happy cards. 10-20%

I've found the discounts change wildly. When they bump up to the high end 15-20% they usually only last a couple of days maybe a week. But they seem to happen frequently approximately once every month

Then there's the store ones.
Staples, Lowes, Amazon, others will have discounts from time to time.
Giftcardmall just had a 15% bonus expire yesterday. Spend $50, get an extra 15% of value.

Right now..

There's also Target spend $50 on a happy card get a $5 target gift card. But this isn't attractive as the others.

Thank you! This is very helpful! Will have to keep my eyes out.

Staples: Buy $200 Mastercard Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee (Aug 22-28)
  • Limit 5 per customer per day
  • Offer valid August 22-28
  • Offer valid in-store only
  • If you buy 5 of these and pay with a Chase Ink Plus or Ink Cash card, you’ll earn 5,000 Ultimate Rewards points
  • One downside is that there have been issues with people liquidating MetaBank-issued gift cards recently at Walmart and some other grocery stores. Be aware of that potential liquidation issue.

Price Chopper (NY/PA) Earn 5x Points On All 3rd Party Gift Cards
  • Earn 5x points on all third party gift cards at Price Chopper stores in NY & PA
  • Offer valid August 22-September 4, 2021
  • Excludes Price Chopper, Market Bistro, Market 32, variable rate Mastercard and Visa cards, and general purpose reloadable cards
  • 5x points can be redeemed for 5% off groceries based on the amount you paid for the gift cards. That means if you buy $250 worth of gift cards, you’ll earn rewards which can be redeemed for $12.50 off groceries

Meijer: Buy $50 Happy Gift Card & Get $10 Meijer Gift Card Free
  • Buy $50 Happy gift card at Meijer & get $10 Meijer gift card free
  • Offer valid August 22-28, 2021
  • Limit 1

Last edited:
Paypal Digital Gifts
**use a Discover card to receive 5% cash back on PayPal purchases this quarter**

Banana Republic/Gap: 20% off $50 (Save $10 Instantly!)
  • (Limit 2 per buyer while supplies last, 2500 units available)
  • The eGiftCard may be redeemed for merchandise at any Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, or Athleta location, including Outlet and Factory stores. The eGiftCard may also be redeemed online for merchandise at gap.com, oldnavy.com, bananarepublic.com or athleta.com
Game Stop: Buy $100 GameStop Gift Card Get $10 Bonus Load ($110 Value)
  • This gift card is redeemable only for the purchase of merchandise only in the U.S. at GameStop, ThinkGeek, EB Games, Babbage’s, and Planet X stores and online at GameStop.com
  • Limit 2 Per Buyer

Chipotle: $50 Chipotle Gift Card for just $45 ($5 Instant Savings!)
  • Not redeemable for cash except as required by law; additionally, upon request, unredeemed balances of less than $10.00 will be redeemed for cash
  • It cannot be used to purchase other Chipotle gift cards

Dominos: $50 Domino’s® Pizza Gift Card for just $42.50 (Instant Savings!)
  • This gift card is usually delivered within 4 hours. In rare cases, to protect your account, delivery may take 24 hours
  • Limit 2 Per Buyer
  • Not redeemable to purchase gift cards

Jiffy Lube: $50 Jiffy Lube Gift Card® Save $10 Instantly!
  • Limit 2 per buyer
  • This Card can be used only for purchases of goods and services at participating Jiffy Lube Service Centers in the US

Boston Market: $50 Boston Market Gift Card for $40 (20% Instant Savings!)

My family has been to WDW multiple times, however, next month is our first trip where I’m going to be paying with gift cards. I apologize in advance, as I know this question gets asked frequently, but is it easier to just charge everything on our magic bands and then go to the hotel desk to apply gift cards towards the balance? Or should I carry a gift card with me, or both? For example, when dining at table service should I pay with magic band, or gift card? What have you guys found to be easiest and most convenient? Thank you 😊

My family has been to WDW multiple times, however, next month is our first trip where I’m going to be paying with gift cards. I apologize in advance, as I know this question gets asked frequently, but is it easier to just charge everything on our magic bands and then go to the hotel desk to apply gift cards towards the balance? Or should I carry a gift card with me, or both? For example, when dining at table service should I pay with magic band, or gift card? What have you guys found to be easiest and most convenient? Thank you 😊
I know different people have different opinions on this one, but I like to pay with a GC as I go for two reasons - first, I’ve heard that when your room charges get to a certain dollar amount, Disney goes ahead and uses your credit card to “pay down” those charges. I’ve heard varying opinions on what dollar amount triggers this. Second, the night before you check out, Disney will automatically charge your credit on file for all outstanding charges. I’ve also heard different opinions on when this happens, and I’ve messed it up myself at least twice. I’m sure many people charge to the room and pay off with a GC at the end, but personally I find it less stressful to just pay as I go!

We like to charge back to our room and go down to pay off the balance every other day. I’m just not comfortable handing over a GC that has $$$ on it at a restaurant. Very easy for anyone to take a quick picture of the back of the card.

I charge everything to the room, especially at sit-down restaurants, then pay at guest services at the end of the day.

There have been a few posts of gift cards being mixed up at the register by the servers, especially the red Mickey Ta-Da cards, and someone getting someone else's card back (with not the money you had on your card).

If you want to use pay-as-you-go then put your name or something identifiable on the card so you know it is yours when it is returned to you.

We don't like carrying the GC in parks. Everything is so hectic it can be easy to lose them. So we usually charge back to the room. That being said, this is the first time we're using the gift card to mobile wallet and this may be the way we do it going forward. So far so good.

If you do charge to your room, be careful. We learned our first time that occasionally you can be charged the night before checkout if you have an earlier departure. We got used to going downstairs the night before to ask them to charge our GC instead of card on file.

That being said, this is the first time we're using the gift card to mobile wallet and this may be the way we do it going forward. So far so good.
Thanks for reminding me of this option. I remember some chatter about it here a while ago, but kind of skimmed over it. I’ll have to go back and read it closely.

We don't like carrying the GC in parks. Everything is so hectic it can be easy to lose them. So we usually charge back to the room. That being said, this is the first time we're using the gift card to mobile wallet and this may be the way we do it going forward. So far so good.

Are you able to use your eGiftcard at table service restaurants?

Are you able to use your eGiftcard at table service restaurants?

Here’s a great summary from @iujen94 that answers this question. Seems like it’s less than ideal at table service.

Some info on this from another Disney group I’m in:
“I’ve been doing it for over a year. Having done 2-3 trips, it’s good in theory and works great for retail shops. But If they don’t have a scanner at your register, the numbers are very hard to read. They don’t print them with a space every four numbers like a CC has. When you spend at sit down restaurants, it’s kinda awkward unlocking your phone and handing it over to the server. The plus is that you always have your GC with you and it’s easy to roll the parks wallet free. Another plus is that it will sync to an Apple Watch. It’s a stand alone card and unlike Starbucks it doesn’t integrate with an app that updates the balance. We had a server at Boat House take the phone see $25 and only ran that amount when we had $1k max on the card.
food & wine/festival booths generally have a scanner, as do QS. Bars and TS restaurants typically don’t.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter