Universal will reopen June 5th!

We were planning our trip a year ago, and way before this whole Covid thing, I made reservations for the Wok Experience and the Acoustic Brunch. Unfortunately, I just got off the phone with guest services and they confirmed that the Islands Dining Room wasn't even open, and that while The Kitchen was open, they would not be hosting the Acoustic Brunch. :(

Not really a surprise, but still disappointing.

Does anyone know how the park entrances are working now? Do we still scan our fingers?

I don't think they have, but may have missed it. Did they mention if resorts would be at a reduced capacity?

I don't think they have, but may have missed it. Did they mention if resorts would be at a reduced capacity?

They haven’t out right said but they had said they have taken resorts guests into account for capacity purposes and that no resort guest will be turned away. That essentially means they aren’t selling every room. Which while Florida doesn’t have caps on hotel occupancy many states have the capped at 50%. Vegas hotels are opening at 30% on Thursday.

My guess resorts are capped anywhere from 30-50%. With several also being closed completely to July.

Last edited:
They haven’t out right said it they have had said they have taken resorts gets into account for capacity and that no resort guest will be turned away. That essentially means they aren’t selling every room. Which while Florida doesn’t have caps on note occupancy many states have the capped at 50%. Vegas hotels are opening at 30% on Thursday.
Thanks, this is what i was thinking as well.

From another board on some procedures at the resorts:

Have a friend who just checked into SF.

Temperature taken and then given a colored wrist band. Will need to get temperature taken daily and they’ll give a different color band.
Cabana Bay is the same based on their conversation with someone else.

Apparently Hagrids is doing their best Rise of the Resistance impression. All the times for the VQ got booked under 5 minutes.

Yesterday, some TMs said that the VQs are being released hour by hour, with the last batch being released two hours before closing. This would prevent what you are reporting. I wonder what changed. Because the same scenario of Rise of the Resistance is exactly what I was afraid of; I hate that method, I want to be able to choose to stand in line for X hours. That should be my right vs. being forced to be in the part at rope drop.

Yesterday, some TMs said that the VQs are being released hour by hour, with the last batch being released two hours before closing. This would prevent what you are reporting. I wonder what changed. Because the same scenario of Rise of the Resistance is exactly what I was afraid of; I hate that method, I want to be able to choose to stand in line for X hours. That should be my right vs. being forced to be in the part at rope drop.

Ya not sure. They must of released all the times because people reported having a time at 4pm

Does anyone know how consistently Hagrid's ran yesterday? It seemed like it was still pretty hit or miss right up until they closed. Any chance they finally got the issues fixed during the shutdown?

We have never been to universal, first time later this month with tall 7 year old. We will have express pass (staying at HRH)..want to confirm we will need to do VQ for Hagrid and probably early park arrival?

We have never been to universal, first time later this month with tall 7 year old. We will have express pass (staying at HRH)..want to confirm we will need to do VQ for Hagrid and probably early park arrival?

Nobody knows yet. They’re not open to the public yet. Based on today, yet, but they could change how things are run. I would check back the week of your trip.

Some really good pictures of Universal on Bioreconstruct twitter site.

Includes an image of the new U-Rest area near the Fear Factor queue.

We were planning our trip a year ago, and way before this whole Covid thing, I made reservations for the Wok Experience and the Acoustic Brunch. Unfortunately, I just got off the phone with guest services and they confirmed that the Islands Dining Room wasn't even open, and that while The Kitchen was open, they would not be hosting the Acoustic Brunch. :(

Not really a surprise, but still disappointing.

I read an account from yesterday, of a guest checked into RPR who said the Islands dining room was being used for socially distant seating for Jake's restaurant.

From pictures I saw today, if you're having to go through the parking garage (basically a local or not staying on site) give yourself plenty of time. I read people were in line over a hour waiting for temp checks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter