*****UK Spending Money Game No1*******

Got two savings tins this afternoon - the kind you need to open with a tin opener so I can't get into the tins until they're full cause I'm a disaster for "robbing" from my savings :rolleyes1 but now I've no choice but to wait :thumbsup2 Love the idea of this diddldonna!! When I have all my savings for our next trip I'll have you to thank for it :flower3:

Thanks that is very kind of you, I wanted a fun idea to keep me motivated and others to stop me opening the tin before i need to. I am loving reading everyones savings every day x

A big amount went in my tin, my sister owed me some money and she brought it round this evening so in the tin goes £12.20 :cool1:

Got 3 tins today :-) :-) one for loose change gonna save all my 50ps for the second one and gonna put £2 in the other one every week. Put bout £2 in change in my loose one already. Hoping to have a good few hundred pounds extra before we go away.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Found a fiver in my pocket I forgot I had put there! £5 more in my terramundi pot.

Lots of loose change found in the car added to the kids pots :D

Just curious as to which dry cleaners that you used? I didn't know that any dry cleaners gave a NHS discount! :offtopic:

it was Smarty Pants. i wasn't sure if they did NHS discount but i asked and he said "why not" and gave me 10% off!!! its always worth asking and i always carry my ID Card with me.

diddldonna said:
Thanks that is very kind of you, I wanted a fun idea to keep me motivated and others to stop me opening the tin before i need to. I am loving reading everyones savings every day x

:rotfl: I'm terrible for opening my savings jars before I should cause the nosiness gets too much!! But you guys'll keep me on the straight and narrow ;)

Adding more £s We were going to get lunch out but decided to eat at home and save the money! :goodvibes

Just got back from town and I've put all the change in my purse in the tin. DD finished decorating it last night, it's got so much cellotape on it I'm not sure we'll ever be able to open it lol!

woo £14 whole shiney pounds went in my tin yesterday , i looked after a friends little girl for the day and got £20 (minus a few cocktails ) then put the change in the jar

diddldonna said:
No money in the tin today for me :(

Me neither - but we did shop in Aldi & got tons of stuff for £30 :-) and 2 weeks worth of meat at the butchers for £50 ;-)

My big savings will be from not buying lunch at work & big things like the Karen Millen bag I've got me eye on but as its £150 I'll have to take my eye off it I think!!!

Katie. X

Just sold some old NFL shirts on eBay for £51 so that's getting changed straight into $'s

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No money added again today due to using my card and my bus pass is still valid until Wednesday so no change from that yet. Hope everyone else is having better luck.

diddldonna said:
No money added again today due to using my card and my bus pass is still valid until Wednesday so no change from that yet. Hope everyone else is having better luck.

None for me today either - we have a wedding on Thursday so I'll be raiding DHs trouser pockets on Friday morning for the change after his day of drinking! I should make a nice profit :rotfl:

Well having not put anything in the tin since I started this game, today I'm putting £50 gift in there plus the cheque for my son's school travel expenses came today so thats another £26. in :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter