*****UK Spending Money Game No1*******

I swear it was gold, mostly 9ct, there were earrings with no backs, a couple of really 1980's style chains which I will never wear. One thicker chain which again ill never wear. 2 silver rings and 2 small, thin gold rings (bands) and a couple of bangles. My neighbour went in this morning having routed through her jewellery box this morning and had a shock when she got £900. BRILLIANT!

Wow can I ask what jewellers this was I wanna take some gold in that I don't wear anymore but don't no which one to try. Well done you :)

OMG!!! Took a load of scrap gold / silver jewellery (stuff I never wear) to a local jewellers and was expecting maybe £300 (have never done this before). I got £1500!!!!! FANTASTIC! Going straight to Disney to part pay our balance! What an unexpected surprise!

That wasn't scrap jewellery!!!!

Quite right that jewellery must have been sprinkled with pixie dust pixiedust:pixiedust:

Got another £60 from selling some stuff on eBay so added to the pot.
I have no idea how much I have got in there now but I know my odds bank account has £230.07 which isn't too bad for odds and ends of pennies.

My huge Jar has a air bit in it. Might count it in a minute. :rotfl:

Just added another £13.32 change that I had left over from the weekend! :thumbsup2

I forgot to post my savings, sorry.

this week
We went to see friends yesterday and they refused to have any money towards dinner so that's another £10 in the tin.
I saved £4 on BOGOF offers so in that went.
I also saved £8 buy shopping around for things in the Internet so it went in the tin.

Last month
£20 pay out from Quidco was withdrawn and put in the tin.
£50 saved by not spending out on coffees, lunches and petrol as been off work recovering shoulder surgery - withdrawn and put in the tin.
Friend gave me £5 for getting her some cheap stuff off eBay compared to shops.

January
Biggest ones have been from Quidco - £94 cashback, £100 bonus, another £30 cashback but they have gone towards tickets and not in the tin.
Another £40 or so from shopping savings went in the tin.
Raided DH's pockets and found 5 £2 coins.

We got back from a fantastic trip on Saturday and are already planning the next one. I started a new savings pot just before this trip. I came home with $211 so that has gone straight in for next time xx

I've added quite a bit of money over the last couple of weeks, but I keep forgetting to come on this thread and post! :thumbsup2

I have, for whatever reason, decided to go for a long weekend to Magaluf with some of the chaps from football.

Funds have deceased considerably.

Is it too late to join in? :) I have been following the post for a while, and now we have our pot and a date/target to reach all the more incentive.

Hubby is 40 next year - fear we may have to give Disney a miss during our usual time of January next year, so I am looking at doing a "suprise" trip in December next year for his Bday.

There are 5 - soon to be 6 of us so is going to be a COSTLY trip next time around :scared1:

Haven't updated on here for ages. We now have $580 jointly (taxi, drink, tip money) and I have $510 saved.

We also have a jar full of £2 coins which has nearly £200 in and a bottle of coppers which has about £80. By the time we go (10 weeks today) that should be enough for us to have $1000 minimum jointly, I hope to have about $1000 and so does the wife. I think we're taking more than we'll need as we're on the dining plan but plan to do lots of shopping. We've already booked extra luggage allowance for the return flight with virgin!

Would love to join in, I have a pot already but have been very slack putting anything in it. Although now attempting to book a trip for next May.

Kirsten

I have not got long to go now 79days and counting!

I have £410 in bank odds and ends 'pot'
I have £300 in seperate savings account
I ahve £100 in cash stashed in an actual physical pot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter