*****UK Spending Money Game No1*******

Can I join too?? I am rubbish at saving money just spent the start of my savings on clothes at DLP :blush:

I actually started a tin off about 2 weeks ago, I have no idea what's in there so far. I've used an old Roses tin from christmas, dd and I sealed it with tape then decorated it with wrapping paper and covered that with a collage of wdw/Orlando inspired images from travel brochures etc I'm not saving anything less than 20p in the tin but have started a sub tin for coins less than that.

Also just commited to making some changes to save more for holidays, been 2 weeks so far of cycling to work again saving on average £4/day in bus fares and the biggie starts tomorrow ..... quitting smoking :crazy2:

Can I join too?? I am rubbish at saving money just spent the start of my savings on clothes at DLP :blush:

I actually started a tin off about 2 weeks ago, I have no idea what's in there so far. I've used an old Roses tin from christmas, dd and I sealed it with tape then decorated it with wrapping paper and covered that with a collage of wdw/Orlando inspired images from travel brochures etc I'm not saving anything less than 20p in the tin but have started a sub tin for coins less than that.

Also just commited to making some changes to save more for holidays, been 2 weeks so far of cycling to work again saving on average £4/day in bus fares and the biggie starts tomorrow ..... quitting smoking :crazy2:

Your welcome to join us :)

When do you want to save the money by? Your number 8 in the list :)

Good luck with quitting smoking pixiedust:

Count me in:banana:

We're planning on August 2014.I've got a very old plastic Quality Street jar that i usually put all 1 2 5 and 10p in for DH Christmas present but i think i will sack that and use it as my Disney fund instead, well you have to get your priorities in the right order;)

oo i love this i have 9 tins on the go already ?? the kids keep finding new tins they want to use

we have a cupcake sealed tin in the kids bedroom so far i know my son has put £5 of his birthday money in ( plus they like to shake there dads trousers for coins)

we have a big sealed tin decorated with cut up disney brochures in the kitchen this also has a £5 note in

then i have a old big jelly beans tube( also decorated with pitures cut from old brochures in the kitchen this has got £2 worth of bagged up coppers plus some old euros?

we have the ceramic bus in the kitchen this is where daddy usually puts his change after work

then i have a selection 4 diffrent size jack daniels bottles they fit 5ps in but the big 3 litre one fits £1 coins in thats got about £30 in

and finally its the jumbo plastic cola bottle giant sized money box , the kids have this next to the rocking horse

good idea with the bus fare 9 i have just stareted cycling places so may start putting what i save in bus are in £1.80 each way 2 or 3 times a week

Count me in:banana:

We're planning on August 2014.I've got a very old plastic Quality Street jar that i usually put all 1 2 5 and 10p in for DH Christmas present but i think i will sack that and use it as my Disney fund instead, well you have to get your priorities in the right order;)

Welcome to the Game

Your Number 9 :)

Your welcome to join us :)

When do you want to save the money by? Your number 8 in the list :)

Good luck with quitting smoking pixiedust:

Thanks I'll go with end of Jan 13 as paid date for first cruise is 01/02/13 then will prob start another ready for wdw in Oct 13 :)

I'd really like to join please. We are going on 19th October 2013. I already have a large sealed tin where I put £2 coins and £5 notes, I think there's about £60 in it, we also have a large glass bottle for 10p coins and under- I do a sweep of everyone in my house (and their wallets) before they go to bed each night!
Good luck everyone :)

I'd really like to join please. We are going on 19th October 2013. I already have a large sealed tin where I put £2 coins and £5 notes, I think there's about £60 in it, we also have a large glass bottle for 10p coins and under- I do a sweep of everyone in my house (and their wallets) before they go to bed each night!
Good luck everyone :)

Thanks for joining Great Start, your number 10 :)

i just gave the kids 50p to buy some sweets but they didnt buy anything so have come home and added the 50p to the cake tin in there bedroom

Can I join in please. We go 1st - 22nd October 2013.

I Have a coppers and 5p tin set for it, but I also transfer any odd amount under £1 from my main bank account to my savings every day, and whenever I log in or buy something. (love internet banking) :surfweb:

I have now decorated the Quality Street tin in Florida brochure cut outs and put it on the mantle piece next to our MK family photo. DD came home and immediately but the change from her dinner money in (30p),DS declined (typical)

I won the bonus ball game at work so I put the money into my container! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Count me in Donna!

I'm going to wdw next September 21st.

I already have started two money saving tins.... One giant plastic bud bottle that I'm filling with coppers and silvers and one darth maul money box that I'm filling with £2 coins only that I get in my change. Can I start with these?

Thanks for joining crabbie1 your no6 :) good luck in finding a jar or pot. A cheap way is to find a Pringles tube, wash it and sealed it with tape and cut a slit in the top :) also you get to eat he Pringles too.

love this, hilarious!!:rotfl2:

Just spent a couple of hours counting all the money up (whilst watching the Murray match so thoroughly enjoyed it!). I've got £44 in £2 coins, and £123.70 in coppers and silvers. Just gonna keep going till September next year and see how high I can get it!

My DD and I have just finished decorating an old celebrations tin with Disney pictures. I've added some money to it today I was meant to be going out to lunch with an old work colleague but she ended up bringing lunch to me the money i saved went straight in the pot. It's a start but still a long way to go lol xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter