Twenty3curls' PJ! SBP/CG - March 12, 2010

Hey Em!! Just checking in! August will be here soon!!!!

Hey Em!! Just checking in! August will be here soon!!!!

Thanks for checking in, Lynn! I can't wait for August...reading your TR has me jonesin' real bad!

Really...I just want July to get here, so I can confirm my wedding date and start working on dorky wedding crafts! :hyper:

I just linked over from your August pre-trippie. Your wedding plans sound so wonderful. My colors were the same as yours. we got married at the wedding pavillion because we got married in July when the weather was HOT!

I had silk flowers for my maid of honor. I will try and post a picture when I get home tonight.

Just trekking along here, getting a feel for the a bit more. I love your color choices! There is so much you can do with them, have you thought of your favors yet? Also another idea for the BM's to carry is a Parasol.

Cant wait to read more!popcorn::

YAY another SBP escape bride!!! :woohoo:

The story of how you guys met is too cute! And you guys are adorable together!

Love the cake and those hott red heel! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

Emily- I love your "love story!" And I can totally relate to your DF with all his interests! Work gets in the way of so many interesting things for me! That's awesome that he's so talented!

The picture of you in Morocco is amazing! The angle is really good!

I think the idea of a clutch is great, and you're right...you could just order extra boutonnieres. Here's one of ours with two orchids...it's pretty large:

0049.jpg

You could also do a wrist corsage. Ours had ribbons attached to it, so it looks a little fuller.

I also believe you can get personal floral from an off-site vendor, if you choose, but maybe someone can confirm that!

Last thing (I promise, and then I'll leave you alone :)). I was thinking beef and chicken for my reception, but when I tried the chicken at the tasting session it was either dry (the breast without the skin) or it tasted great but had skin and bones :scared1:(airline chicken breast). We tasted the mahi mahi with limoncello buerre blanc at our TS and it was amazing. And I don't eat fish! Seriously!

I know you're limited by your options at the CG, but if they have something similar, I'd recommend it. The buerre blanc was very rich (basically a butter sauce with limoncello), so it definitely "gussied up" the fish, which was good to begin with.

Here it is served with veggies and mashed sweet potatoes.
0811.jpg

I just linked over from your August pre-trippie. Your wedding plans sound so wonderful. My colors were the same as yours. we got married at the wedding pavillion because we got married in July when the weather was HOT!

I had silk flowers for my maid of honor. I will try and post a picture when I get home tonight.

Hi there! :wave2: I admire your guts... I couldn't get married in Michigan in July, let alone Florida! I'd have to hire my make-up girl all day, so she could follow me around and re-do my make-up every time I wiped the buckets of sweat off my face! :eek:

I do love my colors... just trying to figure how to make them look springy and beachy! I might add some pink or maybe turquoise. I really turquoise and red, but I don't think Jeff's so fond. :confused3

Just trekking along here, getting a feel for the a bit more. I love your color choices! There is so much you can do with them, have you thought of your favors yet? Also another idea for the BM's to carry is a Parasol.

Cant wait to read more!popcorn::

Welcome!

Ooh, July's getting closer! :cool1:

Hi Bec! CAN'T WAIT!! Just over two weeks until I can confirm the date!

Hey!!! July is almost here!!! YAY!!!

I know!! Happy dance, Lynn I started laying out my save-the-date templates last weekend, so I can start printing them as soon as the date's set.

YAY another SBP escape bride!!! :woohoo:

The story of how you guys met is too cute! And you guys are adorable together!

Love the cake and those hott red heel! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks!! Welcome aboard. I have to say, and maybe I'm biased ;), but I do really like our "story."

Emily- I love your "love story!" And I can totally relate to your DF with all his interests! Work gets in the way of so many interesting things for me! That's awesome that he's so talented!

The picture of you in Morocco is amazing! The angle is really good!

I think the idea of a clutch is great, and you're right...you could just order extra boutonnieres. Here's one of ours with two orchids...it's pretty large:

You could also do a wrist corsage. Ours had ribbons attached to it, so it looks a little fuller.

I also believe you can get personal floral from an off-site vendor, if you choose, but maybe someone can confirm that!

Last thing (I promise, and then I'll leave you alone :)). I was thinking beef and chicken for my reception, but when I tried the chicken at the tasting session it was either dry (the breast without the skin) or it tasted great but had skin and bones :scared1:(airline chicken breast). We tasted the mahi mahi with limoncello buerre blanc at our TS and it was amazing. And I don't eat fish! Seriously!

I know you're limited by your options at the CG, but if they have something similar, I'd recommend it. The buerre blanc was very rich (basically a butter sauce with limoncello), so it definitely "gussied up" the fish, which was good to begin with.

Thank you so much for all the info, Heidi! Don't leave me alone...I love hearing from past Disney brides! I LOVE your boutonnieres! I think seeing that picture just made my decision for me...bout pinned to clutch! And we're thinking, since we'll have red flowers, that we'll put white on the GM and BMs...so your example was perfect.

And, thank you so much for the advice about CG. That's my one major concern. It's not that I don't think CG will be great...but going in blind makes me nervous. We have a TS during our trip in August, but you can only order so much in one meal. Jeff is a huge fish eater, so he would definitely be on board. I'm not really, but Mahi Mahi is one of the fishes I really like. And, can we talk about my LOVE for limoncello. Plus, I think it's imperative that we have a fish option since the wedding's on a Friday during lent...and over half my guests are Catholic.

I'm in! July is here!!! Any word on the date yet!??!?!? :goodvibes

Actually, yes! I can't confirm until next week, but I've been e-mailing back and forth with my coordinator and she says, as of today, no one else wants SBP at 2:30 on my day. There is one couple who wants 5:00 and we're the only two couples for SBP that day. So, hopefully no lottery!

Did get some somewhat disappointing news, though. The Sonoma Room at Cali Grille is booked until 5:30 on our day, which means it won't be ready for us until 7. With a 2:30 ceremony we kind of feel that's a long gap...but we'll see. I can't even try to book CG for another 2 months...so it may not even be an option by then. We're going to start looking into other alternatives.

But, I'm too excited that my confirmation date is next week to get worked up about dinner plans.

Oh...and I started work on my invitation layout last night. Jeff and I discussed the color combos/order and fonts. I think we have it all nailed down. I'm going to take a picture when I get home from work, to post here! ;) I wanted to get the invitation logistics nailed down, so I can start working on the STDs. I want there to be uniformity between the two, so I couldn't start one without working on the other.

Thanks for checking in!!

WE GOT OUR DATE!

Can't wait! Bought a bunch of stuff to start working on the save-the-dates... better get on that, now that our date is "for sure!" I'll try to post the progress later tonight or tomorrow. Also finished a mock-up of the invites. :)

WE GOT OUR DATE!!!!

I'm pleased to announce our wedding will take place at 2:30 p.m on March 12, 2010 at Sea Breeze Point!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait! Bought a bunch of stuff to start working on the save-the-dates... better get on that, now that our date is "for sure!" I'll try to post the progress later tonight or tomorrow. Also finished a mock-up of the invites. :)

Eeeek!

YAY!!! Oh I am so excited for you!! And we will be on our honeymoon while you are getting married! Yay for March brides!!:cool1:

Emily!!!!! YAY for getting your date confirmed!! That is the day before my birthday, great date HAHA!!!

That dress is so simple, and elegant.

The invites are adorable! You did a great job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter