Twenty3curls' PJ! SBP/CG - March 12, 2010

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my dress!!! I went with my MOH last weekend and found two that I really liked, although I was definitely leaning toward one. My mom was at the Michigan football game, so I couldn't make a final decisions since she's paying for the dress. I made a follow-up appt. for last night and we went after work. While I was at the counter checking in, I heard my mom say, "oooh I really like this one." I turned around and it was the one (of two) that I was really leaning toward. In anticipation of my appt., they had pulled the two dresses I wanted to try on for my mom and they were hanging up front. I was happy to know right off the bat that my mom liked the one I wanted. So I tried them both on, but we were both in agreement that the first one was best.

Pictures weren't allowed, so I don't have any of me in the dress. And the images are protected on the Casablanca web site, so I can't post them here. But, here's the link:
http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/7/137
I'm getting it in white, though.

My big requirement was detail in the fabric but NO (none, zero, zilch) beading, sparkle, bling, brooches, etc. I don't mind them on others but they couldn't be farther from my style. So, I love the detailing the fabric on the bodice. Very simple and elegant, but not plain (at least in my book). And as I mentioned, I ordered white (the pic on the site is ivory). Remember, I'm wearing very red shoes....they look much better with white than ivory. Plus, our colors are red, white and black so it would look weird and off if I showed up in a ivory dress. :rotfl:

I'm excited to have that hurdle crossed off the to-do list. Plus, I love the store where I got it. My good friend bought her dress there earlier this year and they couldn't be sweeter. They had a Casablanca trunk show last weekend. There was a 15% discount and a $60 shoe credit, if you purchased last weekend. Well I obviously didn't purchase until last night, but they still extended the discount to me. AND...since I already have my shoes, they're letting me use the $60 credit toward a veil or jewelry. I was going to make my veil, but with that credit I may just buy one.

That dress is gorgeous! I am totally with you on the beading, sparkle, etc. I'm a simple girl myself!! :goodvibes

Beautiful dress! I think it is very elegant--not plain at all! It'll look great with the shoes!!

just reading your pj and i love your save the dates! so creative! your dress is gorgeous, my dress was a casablanca and I lovedddd it! :) you will look beautiful!

Ohhh It's very pretty! I love the detail on the bodice...I'm usually a bling kinda girl but this dress is gorgeous!!

Hi Emily. Sorry I haven't been over here in a while.. I'm all caught up now.

The save the dates are very cute. Your adrs look fab and the dress is stunning. I can't believe how close you are getting girly!

So, minor update! There haven't been many lately because I've too busy with the holidays, work and school, but I need to kick it into gear because we're less than 3 months away!! :banana:

So my MoH bought her dress on Friday night. She's my only BM so I gave her a few choices and let her pick. I didn't want her spending an arm and a leg because she's already spending a lot to be with me at Disney. :goodvibes

In the end we were debating between two dresses at David's Bridal...both in black. I went in with one in mind....

But we saw this one....

Jennie immediately liked this one because of the pockets. She was all over the pockets and the idea of bringing her camera, lipstick, phone, etc. with her to the ceremony. lol

Then we realize my first choice had pockets, too!

That sealed the deal. We went with the second one. I was always leaning toward black, but really decided to go that route when we decided to do destination. If she was going to spend money on a dress, I really wanted it to be something she could wear to other weddings or party occasions. This definitely was something she could wear again. And, ironically enough, she got a call from another friend of hers on the way to David's Bridal regarding her upcoming wedding and the BM dresses. The friend told her she could wear whatever she wanted as long as it was black. Short, long...didn't matter. Just had to be tasteful and black. So now Jennie gets to wear this dress again in another wedding! Made me feel even better! :goodvibes

We have to have all of our ceremony decisions in by the 1st of January, so I will definitely have some more updates in the next couple of weeks. Jeff is in the process of sketching our Mad Hatter cake. I'll try to scan and upload it when he's done. :)
Oh Emily I love it!! I almost bought that dress in black for our rehearsal dinner! I ended up buying the same style but it's floral blue and green and a little more A-line...WITH POCKETS:cool1:

Are you getting so excited? We are so close!!

Oh Emily I love it!! I almost bought that dress in black for our rehearsal dinner! I ended up buying the same style but it's floral blue and green and a little more A-line...WITH POCKETS:cool1:

Are you getting so excited? We are so close!!

It's all about the pockets!! If I was having a rehearsal dinner, I'd so get the dress in red. :)

See above...terrified of my to-do list, but so ready to get down there and do this!! How about you??

It's all about the pockets!! If I was having a rehearsal dinner, I'd so get the dress in red. :)

See above...terrified of my to-do list, but so ready to get down there and do this!! How about you??

Ohhh red would be awesome!! I didn't get it because...well I need another black dress like I need a hole in my head!!!:rotfl:

To-do list...not much left!! We are waiting for our final RSVP's (the due date is 1/15). We have a few vendors to finish paying off. And I'm having a shoe dilema. We got our bands, have our ADR's. Oh I need to get bridal party and parent gifts!

Girl...you just made me realize how much I have left, lol!! I'm still really bummed we are missing each other by like 5 days!!!

Hey Emily! I can't believe I've never posted in your PJ because I have definitely read it before. Oh well, I caught up now. First off congrats

Secondly I think your "story" is so funny. I was totally excited when I saw the Aria dress, I knew exactly what you were talking about but I love your new dress! It's so detailed, just like you wanted. And also, you said douchy which is awesome. I say it all the time.

PS I love dresses with pockets too!

Love, love love, the red shoes I was so going to wear red shoes until I got the dress that has about 4 inches of red at the bottom and there was no way I was ever going to find the right red for the shoes.

EMILY!?!? Where are you?? Can you believe how close we are getting? What day are you arriving again? We are there until the 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter