Twenty3curls' PJ! SBP/CG - March 12, 2010

Hi there! I popped over from your TR to read about some of your wedding planning details. I always love reading about stuff like that. March will be here soon! Can't wait to see how everything works out. Did you get the dress yet? Is it from Aria? I went with them for my BM dresses a few years ago and also wore one as the MOH in my sister's wedding. Loved the dresses and any alterations that I needed to make were pretty inexpensive since the dresses are so simple. They also have a "sale" section where you can find dresses marked down. Usually they are dresses that were ordered and made, but I guess plans changed? I got a MOH dress there and just had to alter it a bit to fit. Sorry if that's not where you are getting the dress and I just went on a side tangent......good luck with the planning and I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

I can't believe we're now inside of 6-months...it seems like just yesterday I was waiting to reach my confirmation date at 8 months...now we are 5 and half months away. Crap...I still have so much to do!!

I haven't been on the board much lately because I've been working insane hours (trying to make money for the wedding) and school's started up again. Free time is like a friend I lost touch with after high school....

I thought I'd post a little update because we have made some plans since I last posted.

First piece of good news.... Disney finally announced their spring promotion and luckily for us, they brought back the 7 for 4 deal. This morning, I booked us for a week at the Contemporary Resort! Originally we were going to stay at the Boardwalk because of its close proximity to Sea Breeze Point. But, as we crunched numbers last night we just couldn't justify spending that much on a room per night. We love the location of the CR...we will definitely walk to MK every time. Plus, it will be convenient the night of the wedding after our dinner at California Grill.

The only downside is that Disney requires you to purchase a minimum 4-day MYW base ticket now (as opposed to a 1-day in past promotions). We're hoping one of our guests will want to buy the tickets off us, since we won't be using them.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for AP discounts that might be better, but figure they won't be released for awhile. I feel good now because at the very least we have the 7 for 4 promotion, which saved us well over $1000.

We also tentatively have the Sonoma Room at the California Grill booked for 6:30 the night of our wedding. We still have to put down our deposit, but we have it penciled in, so our planner will know if anyone else shows interest in it.

I'm almost done with the save-the-dates and the first newsletter. I'll post those when I get them finalized later this week.

So, I've been thinking a lot about my hair this week. (It might be all the discussion on Mandy's PJ about hairstyles and cut vs. don't cut!)

But, as the owner of thick, dry curly hair...I can't help but obsess a little bit (or a lot) about what will work - and what will stick - on your wedding day. I mean...these pictures are going to last a lifetime. I can't have my hair out of control 10 minutes after I step outside! :sad1:

Jeff has expressed interest in me wearing my hair down. My big, curly hair was the first thing he noticed on me. :lovestruc Plus, it's who I am...Have to represent! So, I want to actually use my own curls, perhaps reinforced and enhanced with a curling iron, but my mostly own nonetheless. I don't want a head full of curling iron curls. And I don't want my hair in my face. I'm obsessive about keeping my hair out of my face.

One of the girls on the wedding board linked to great wedding hair web site and I was looking around last night and found a lot of great ideas.

Here's what I'm thinking style wise:
curlyhairwithpins.jpg

I love the idea of it pulled back and adorned with some delicate pins. Plus, I love that it's sort of lose and curly on top. I didn't want it pulled back tight. My hair starts to look like Jennifer Lopez circa 1995 when I do that. :p

I have this same problem! Thick curly/wavy hair that goes POOF in the humidity! I don't like wearing it all the way up, so down is what I'm going for! I'm stealing your picture as inspiration!! :thumbsup2

Oh, do you know the website where you found it? I need some more inspiration! :cool1:

definitely let me know if you go the Aria route and have any questions. I have pictures I could pass along too. They were great. I llike that you can just customize the dresses how you want and I bet you would look stunning in one of their dresses. I love the hair pins you got too!

they turned out great! Love the embossing! I have been playing around with my embossing tool and I have thought of so many uses for it. It definitely is time consuming though.

I am so bummed we are just going to miss each other :( I love your ADR's though...we do share a lot in common!!

I am so bummed we are just going to miss each other :( I love your ADR's though...we do share a lot in common!!

I know, right?! You just had to go switch to Wishes! :rotfl:

We do have very similar tastes, don't we?! And the funny part is, the couple of things that differ I was going to book, but just ran out of time (or money, in Citricos case). We really wanted to try to Raglan Road on the 17th...I mean St. Patrick's Day at RR....how perfect would that be?! But, alas they don't take ressies on the 17th. :sad1: And Citricos got replaced with Whispering Canyon because I was having a hard time justifying another signature after Jiko and Yachtsman. But we might stay through the end of the week... so we may try to just walk up to Citricos, or Narcooosees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter