Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a call ( didn't leave a phone number) and he answered "some" of my questions. On enforcement...the dog owners will have to read and sign a waiver that will spell everything out. CM's are being instructed to deal with infractions. All requests to not be near or in a dog room will be honored. There will only be certain areas of the hotel for dogs. On the 7 hours...they know when you leave and when you get back from your room. Dogs at the YC will not be allowed on the beach or the main walkways. They have been getting MANY emails from people about the policy. I requested that they take a good sampling of questions that have been asked and post them, along with answers, on their website. He said there will be an FAQ. He even mentioned he has a dog that barks so he would not bring his to the resorts.

Because room destruction is such a quiet thing :rolleyes:

And when there are disruptive guests in the room making noise it can be quickly addressed because *shocker* there are people in the room for management or security to speak to. However if there is just a dog it cannot be quickly addressed unless the guests are still at the resort. If they are anywhere else on Disney property it takes upwards of 45-90 minutes using Disney transportation to get back.
I was kinda joking about the quiet thing, but thinking of it, when my dog is chewing something he shouldn’t be, I usually realize it b/c he’s exceptionally quiet. My argument about the timing is that the policy says 30 min. After 30 min, contact front desk again & demand remediation. It’s not your problem how long long it takes them to get back.

This insane thread is adults mostly complaining, arguing and debating etc. So I thought I would provide some kids thoughts.

The kids 5 and 7. I mentioned to them that there might be dogs on some of the busses and in the hotel on our next trip.
I asked them if they still wanted to go to WDW. Both said "no" and that they" didn't want to go anymore."
So I am off to find a new family friendly destination. Farewell to this insane thread and and for now WDW.
For our family WDW has literally gone to the dogs.

My 8 year old as well. When I told him dogs were going to be at the YC, he got upset. Thankfully we were able to move to BC due to a helpful CM. Hopefully the dogs do indeed stay away from the BC and the common shared facilities.

I was kinda joking about the quiet thing, but thinking of it, when my dog is chewing something he shouldn’t be, I usually realize it b/c he’s exceptionally quiet. My argument about the timing is that the policy says 30 min. After 30 min, contact front desk again & demand remediation. It’s not your problem how long long it takes them to get back.

It absolutely is my problem if it is impeding my vacation. My family enjoys afternoon naps in the room.

None? Dogs are going to be there whether they like it or not.

Nope, none. For people with upcoming vacations the resorts were not pet friendly when they booked. Disney should be proactively reaching out to families that have upcoming stays and offering them alternatives. For anyone booming now and going forward, they can choose to avoid those resorts.

This insane thread is adults mostly complaining, arguing and debating etc. So I thought I would provide some kids thoughts.

The kids 5 and 7. I mentioned to them that there might be dogs on some of the busses and in the hotel on our next trip.
I asked them if they still wanted to go to WDW. Both said "no" and that they" didn't want to go anymore."
So I am off to find a new family friendly destination. Farewell to this insane thread and and for now WDW.
For our family WDW has literally gone to the dogs.
I'm so sorry your kids feel that way. I completely understand how you feel. Not much empathy from pet owners. :goodvibes

Just got a call ( didn't leave a phone number) and he answered "some" of my questions. On enforcement...the dog owners will have to read and sign a waiver that will spell everything out. CM's are being instructed to deal with infractions. All requests to not be near or in a dog room will be honored. There will only be certain areas of the hotel for dogs. On the 7 hours...they know when you leave and when you get back from your room. Dogs at the YC will not be allowed on the beach or the main walkways. They have been getting MANY emails from people about the policy. I requested that they take a good sampling of questions that have been asked and post them, along with answers, on their website. He said there will be an FAQ. He even mentioned he has a dog that barks so he would not bring his to the resorts.
How?

Leaked image of the bathroom situation at one of the dog friendly resorts.

Potty-Training-Tree.png

.....Sorry, just trying to bring some levity to this insane thread.

Your magic band and or KTTW card. When you sign the waiver and they assign you the room you are suppose to put the Do Not Disturb card on the door when you leave. I assume housekeeping will make a note on their work sheet. One thought occurred to me....if you are there with your dog, no DND card on the door, and housekeeping knocks, you answer....that is when a dog could get loose if not restrained. Make sure that card is on the door!

Thank you for sharing. I will be watching the Disney website for the FAQ.

Nope, none. For people with upcoming vacations the resorts were not pet friendly when they booked. Disney should be proactively reaching out to families that have upcoming stays and offering them alternatives. For anyone booming now and going forward, they can choose to avoid those resorts.
i guess I’m not making myself clear. I’m not talking about guests being moved. But, fwiw, it’s not reasonable for Disney to reach out to every single guest and offer alternatives. It is reasonable for them to alert guests to the changes and provide an option for communication to discuss alternatives. Just like they do when they announce construction.

I am talking about the guest who is already staying at the resort and will not be moving. There have been a lot of ‘what about [insert statistically small dog event here]????!??! ‘ posts recently. If people are worried so much about [insert statistically small dog event here] then I feel they should prepare themselves for it.

It absolutely is my problem if it is impeding my vacation. My family enjoys afternoon naps in the room.

No not your problem to rectify. WDW is responsible & needs to make it better whatever they have to do once you’re past the 30 min states in policy.

I'm so sorry your kids feel that way. I completely understand how you feel. Not much empathy from pet owners. :goodvibes
I am 100% empathetic about ppl who have already been booked. Many “pro” posters have said they think that is not right & WDW should not have rolled it out this way.

Not saying you, but think ppl are so angry about this that they choose to ignore that many of us on are in the same page about many things.

What does that mean? If he chooses to go elsewhere then that is his right. Why would dog owners need to be empathetic to his decision?

One thing I don’t understand that I’ve read a lot on this thread is how lots are saying they have no faith or don’t trust Disney to uphold their policies on this issue due to them not upholding policies on other issues. If that is true about the past policies then why continue to spend your hard earned money vacationing there in the first place. If I saw, like many of you have apparently seen in the past, Disney not doing anything to uphold their policies I wouldn’t go vacation there myself. If I don’t trust or have faith in a company as large as Disney I would definitely not give them my money.

That’s a stretch and frankly insulting to pet owners saying that we have no empathy. I’m certainly sad that @alicecooper chose a different vacation because his kids are afraid of dogs. As a big Disney fan, I’m disappointed that his kids are going to miss out :(. I am confused why he didn’t choose a different resort, but I’m on my phone and can’t look back easily at his previous posts.

Your magic band and or KTTW card. When you sign the waiver and they assign you the room you are suppose to put the Do Not Disturb card on the door when you leave. I assume housekeeping will make a note on their work sheet. One thought occurred to me....if you are there with your dog, no DND card on the door, and housekeeping knocks, you answer....that is when a dog could get loose if not restrained. Make sure that card is on the door!
So did something change in how MB work and KTTW work since posters' talk many many pages back?

How do they know that someone is not still in the room just by using MB and KTTW?

As a side note... I told him I hope they don't start allowing pets on the Disney Cruise Ships! 5 mins later I got my notice from shoreside concierge that I can put my requests in next week for our upcoming cruise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter