Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Lisann, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2017.
  1. Yes!

15.1%
  2. No...too many possible issues.

84.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisann

Lisann Thank you, Walt.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/10/dogs-welcome-at-select-walt-disney-world-hotels-starting-oct-15/

I'm an A-1 super duper dog fan....but not at my resort. I don't want to hear Skippy in the next room yapping at midnight, or at 5 am (yes, I know..the infant comparison). I also don't want to be in a resort room in which previously there was a dog.

Next up....fleas in the rooms.

I don't think it's a good idea, but I'm sure that some of you will.

What do you think? :)

Resort trial will be held at Ft Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside and Yacht Club.

ETA: If you want to voice your opinion to those at Disney.... (thanks to @Ensusieasm)

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

And cc these folks too:

Robert.a.iger@disney.com
    Robert.Chapek@disney.com
    George.Kalogridis@disney.com

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. megs1313

megs1313 DIS Veteran

I could not hate this more. And i LOVE dogs. I foster dogs. I'm pro-dog.

I will for sure be asking for the allergy cleaning for our upcoming trip since we'll be at POR. What a drag. I hope they'll have discarded this by the time we get there in January. UGH.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. margot31

margot31 DIS Veteran

Only if its a service animal...which I know is a whole can of worms if people abuse the system. For my dog would it save me a bunch of money YES....but in the long run I don't need to be anymore on a schedule to make sure I get back, let the dog out.....

5. alliecat523

alliecat523 DIS Veteran

Well, that’s why it’s a trial. If there is abuse, it will be done with.

I can see the concerns raised. They are definitely valid but I am not too concerned about it.

ellie05, pipertoad, tink1970 and 2 others like this.
  6. dwdeb

dwdeb Mouseketeer

My biggest concern (and I own two pembroke welsh corgis; love all dogs) is that idiot dog owners won't follow the rules, and, won't clean up after their dogs.

7. Lisann

Lisann Thank you, Walt.

yes, of course service animals are already allowed, I think? Come to think of it, I don't know if I've seen one at a resort.

8. K Gragg

K Gragg Earning My Ears

How about people with allergies. Sorry, but there is no cleaning all the pet dander from these rooms and with the current state of mousekeeping this has bad new written all over it.

9. margot31

margot31 DIS Veteran

I think I have seen a dog in the parks but never at the resorts. Which I would imagine that Disney is fine with service animals....it makes things interesting. particularly if a service animal and say someone like my dog met in the hallway. The other thing is they should only make rooms that are dog friendly only that way people who have allergies and all won't be in those rooms.

I know for military hotels (husband serves) most our base hotels are dog friendly but only certain rooms.

Realfoodfans likes this.
  10. Shellyb84

Shellyb84 DIS Veteran

I LOVE dogs, I have two huge babies (Boxer and Newfie), but I don't think this is a great idea. Too many potential issues.

11. Pixieflip

Pixieflip Are we there yet?

My question is...will it be certain rooms/buildings at the resorts? Will we be able to request a non pet-friendly room? We have allergy issues, but Wilderness Lodge is my husband's favorite resort ever. Surely, it will only be certain buildings, right?

12. jhaig

jhaig Not The First To Pass This Way

For what it's worth, I like dogs but -

NO NO NO NO NO AND NO!!!!

I am at Disney for a vacation, to relax and enjoy down time with my family. The absolute last thing I want to worry about is someone's yapping dog waking me up at 2am. It's bad enough to worry about noisy humans, and now you're going to throw dogs into the mix?

Disney, you are officially out of your minds. The only way this works is to make one separate resort for dogs. This way other guests. WHO DONT HAVE DOGS, don't have to worry about noise, odors, fleas, and most importantly allergies.

I hope Disney has beefed up the staffing at their complaint department, because they're about to be overwhelmed with a virtual tsunami of angry paying customers.

13. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Yuck. I hope this trial run fails.

14. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Horrible idea. Wait until a dog bites someone else's kid. I could see it now, a dog is in an elevator, a kid reaches over and starts playing with it and boom! Makes sense at Fort Wilderness, but not others.

15. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

Worst idea ever.

k5thbeatle, Cynt, oceanscape and 32 others like this.
  16. Realfoodfans

Realfoodfans DIS Veteran

I love dogs - currently have a young puppy who we adore but NO NO NO - there are so many irresponsible owners. Dogs aren't allowed in the parks so what will happen to them all day long!
    We already have to ask for hypoallergenic clean due to low immune system and I most certainly would not be happy to stay in a room where a dog had stayed.

17. Mom2Kids2003

Mom2Kids2003 Mouseketeer

I was pretty shocked Disney was trial running this and bummed that it's at our favorite resort, Port Orleans Riverside. I will definitely need to change what hotels we stay at because we are a severely allergic to dogs family, so staying where there are dogs is not an option. Hoping the trial doesn't go so well because even though I like dogs, I think Disney should remain dog-free.

18. Mome Rath

Mome Rath DIS Veteran

I'm more curious than anything, I wonder; why did they make this move?

As for being concerned... I'll wait and see. Disney knows all the possible repercussions (flea management, etc...) and apparently thinks they can handle it. The only thing that would bother me is barking.

MarBee likes this.
  19. minniebeth

minniebeth DIS Veteran

No, no, no and no. I want to be kind about it, I know people love their pups.
    But I just can't see this being good for SO many reasons.

k5thbeatle, rollo, Shanti and 9 others like this.
  20. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

I do not mind, however I do think there should be certain pet friendly rooms only that have the accommodations necessary. I don't think that all rooms are suited to keeping a pet in them, but if they made a dedicated block, I have no problem with it.

PattnFmly, monica9, tink1970 and 3 others like this.
  21. ChasingLeslie

ChasingLeslie DIS Veteran

I hate this and hope it fails.

k5thbeatle, rollo, mmmears and 31 others like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.