Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Hey! I just read your wish trip review. My son also has a CHD, aortic stenosis the valve insuffiency, and we are headed to Disney World through Make A Wish. They also arranged for us to go during Star Wars Weekend, luckily they managed it for the entire 3 days. We'll be on our wish trip May 39-June 4th.

Like you guys, this will be my family's first vacation and first plane ride. I. Am. Terrified. I have so many questions for you! My son is 11(wish kid), we have two daughters (7, 1). This is truly a once in a life time trip for us, my husband and I don't make a lot and we'd never be able to take our family on a vacation or trip like this.

What are your biggest words of advice to make this trip the best as possible? I know we won't be able to bring any extra $$ with us, do you have any frugal tips for making this trip the best within our Make A Wish budget?

Thank you so much and I really very much enjoyed reading your trip review.

Hey! I just read your wish trip review. My son also has a CHD, aortic stenosis the valve insuffiency, and we are headed to Disney World through Make A Wish. They also arranged for us to go during Star Wars Weekend, luckily they managed it for the entire 3 days. We'll be on our wish trip May 39-June 4th.

Like you guys, this will be my family's first vacation and first plane ride. I. Am. Terrified. I have so many questions for you! My son is 11(wish kid), we have two daughters (7, 1). This is truly a once in a life time trip for us, my husband and I don't make a lot and we'd never be able to take our family on a vacation or trip like this.

What are your biggest words of advice to make this trip the best as possible? I know we won't be able to bring any extra $$ with us, do you have any frugal tips for making this trip the best within our Make A Wish budget?

Thank you so much and I really very much enjoyed reading your trip review.

Glad your son gets to go for all 3 days of SWW! There is SO much to see and do it will be great to have the whole weekend!

As for the plane ride I was terrified too... I just don't do well flying and cross country is the worst! Having to take care of the kids for the 6 hour flight helped a lot with my anxiety! This was our first family vacation too. I am not sure if we will ever be back to WDW or if we will ever be able to have another trip like this one either.

As for advice I would say to plan something that each of you really want to do/see and go from there. You will not be able to get everything in. Spend time at GKTW.... It is MAGICAL!!

We brought "souvenirs" with us and gave them to the kids in the park. Spinners, Glow sticks for night and those dark rides... Disney ring pops etc... The kids thought it was GREAT! There is a Walmart right next to GKTW. We bought a couple cases of water and carried A LOT in our backpacks each day... DO NOT drink the water from the water fountains... It is AWFUL!! We also bought food from Walmart and brought in snacks/lunch. We ate breakfast each morning at GKTW and usually ate dinner there too... Although for us it rained SO much that we were soaked by dinner time and didn't want to hang in the park anymore so we just headed "home" to eat :)

We also brought spray fans with us. It was wonderful for the 2 days it did not rain on us :) If I think of anything else I will let you know!

How is your son doing now? Does he have any upcoming surgeries? We are still in a wait and see pattern for Trev... It is getting closer as they say anytime between now and age 11. He will be 9 this summer.

Have a magical time!!

Jackie

Just chiming in here, but you may want to check with your cardiologists about being able to do the rides your heart child wants. Most of the rides in UO and many of the bigger kid rides at Disney (all of the space-based ones, including Star Tours) say "no heart conditions".

We'd been planning my son's wish trip for 6 months+ for his birthday next February (turning 10) only to find out this week from his cardiologist that he won't be allowed to go on any of the rides he wants. So he's changing his wish. He doesn't know what he wants to do now. :( He's really disappointed. But I guess it is better to find out now than to find out at the park. :(

My son has HLHS.

Just chiming in here, but you may want to check with your cardiologists about being able to do the rides your heart child wants. Most of the rides in UO and many of the bigger kid rides at Disney (all of the space-based ones, including Star Tours) say "no heart conditions".

We'd been planning my son's wish trip for 6 months+ for his birthday next February (turning 10) only to find out this week from his cardiologist that he won't be allowed to go on any of the rides he wants. So he's changing his wish. He doesn't know what he wants to do now. :( He's really disappointed. But I guess it is better to find out now than to find out at the park. :(

My son has HLHS.

That is a good idea. We asked for Trev and the rides he wanted to go on he was cleared for. Although Trev was 7 at the time and he isn't into the very adventurous on rides anyway :)

Sorry to hear your son had to change his wish. Like you said better to find out now then when you are there. Hoping he thinks of a new one soon!

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter