TP had MK as a "best park" for today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flortlebap

Disneyiac!
... Bearing in mind it's the only park on a Stage 3 closure, and it's 4 July, does anyone else find this prediction a little... Odd?

Surely anyone could have guessed MK would be closed today. Makes me wonder how accurate their predictions are for next month ;)

Everyone makes mistakes. More often than not they are right and still the most accurate in projections that I have tried.

Compare it to easyWDW who basically said to stay the heck away from it. Interesting!

I read they base the choice on park crowds and park activities. They probably choose it because it does by far have the best 4th of July activities with the special fireworks show.

Maybe it was something simple like assuming it was a normal Thursday and that maybe on a normal Thursday MK would be a good park? And they simply forgot that July 4 is a national holiday? :lmao:

I don't know; I only reference easywdw and even then I deviate frequently.

my new prediction site easytouringplanswdw.com had the miniature golf course as the best park and MK as the park that would close at stage 3. Looks like all of my members who paid $159.99 a month got some great information. Everyone else experienced 20 degree warmer heat, 50+min lines and double the price of food.

I read they base the choice on park crowds and park activities. They probably choose it because it does by far have the best 4th of July activities with the special fireworks show.

This. Plus they have the 5 day rule. Their best day is not fully based on crowds. That is why I always tell people you have to pay attention to the method and reasoning and not just follow blindly. EasyWDW uses the same methods as TGM, and we all know when it was worth using TGM it was only for the best days guide. Not saying that is only reason to use Easy WDW, but in that one aspect the two are alike. TP should be used in conjunction with other sources, not as a Stand alone.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

They had MK as the BEST park of the day? On the 4th of July???? What the heck are they smoking over there?

I'm a touring plans fan as well nothing against the other sites I just got hooked and enjoy the unofficial guide! I'm sure the 5 day rule and the many options for special holiday attractions had to do with the recommendation and I get a little disheartened by reagan md slinging and macho need to outdo the competitor. There's enough Disney fans and the attitude on twitter and disboards doesn't make me at all interested in switching. Just my opinion.

Crowd calendars should be based on the crowds and nothing more imo. Anyone who wants to attend what will be a busy park due to entertainment can use common sense to decide whether the extra crowds are worth it from them.

Crowd calendars should be based on the crowds and nothing more imo. Anyone who wants to attend what will be a busy park due to entertainment can use common sense to decide whether the extra crowds are worth it from them.

This exactly! I was so confused myself when I checked it out and saw it was a 5! Like rowanonfire says it should be based on crowds period.

Maybe it was something simple like assuming it was a normal Thursday and that maybe on a normal Thursday MK would be a good park? And they simply forgot that July 4 is a national holiday? :lmao:

I don't know; I only reference easywdw and even then I deviate frequently.

I haven't looked but normally Thursdays are NOT recommended for MK because they have morning EMH. Might be different for the summer but whenever we've gone (mostly January, February, April, May, September, November and December) that's how it's been.

I'm a touring plans fan as well nothing against the other sites I just got hooked and enjoy the unofficial guide! I'm sure the 5 day rule and the many options for special holiday attractions had to do with the recommendation and I get a little disheartened by reagan md slinging and macho need to outdo the competitor. There's enough Disney fans and the attitude on twitter and disboards doesn't make me at all interested in switching. Just my opinion.

I certainly love the Unofficial Guide books, lots of great info, and fun to read to get a Disney fix inbetween trips. And I like their line app. But as far as best park recommendations and crowd levels, I have found them inaccurate A LOT!!

I haven't seen inaccuracies at all but maybe it times of years I've traveled. In fast this last trip last week of June til a few sad days ago when we returned every recommended part had lower crowds and slower lines. I guess it's just personal choice which is cool I just didn't like seeing some negative talk on twitter where it was getting to be more mudslinging then just comparing and contrasting the pros and cons of each. I may just be sensitive to negativity because my husband is going through serious medical issues and to see negativity in a community I go to for an escape was just disheartening . Maybe it was just me being sensitive! No biggie and no need for reply. It's just why I threw in my two cents. There's room enough for all crowd calendars for our beloved Wdw :)! Have a great day everyone!

what the heck is "reagan md slinging"?

I would trust TGM or EasyWDW first.

I used TP (toilet paper :rotfl:) in the past and found their predictions to be very inaccurate.

I would trust TGM or EasyWDW first.

I used TP (toilet paper :rotfl:) in the past and found their predictions to be very inaccurate.

You're making me regret renewing my subscription!! :rotfl:

I thought they were pretty good last year - with the exception of one day at MK. The crowd level of 6 they guessed was more like a 10.

We returned on what we thought would be a busy 8/9 and rode everything we wanted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter