Tipping Mousekeepers during vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemepech

Earning My Ears
Just curious if any of you tip house keeping and how much per day. Just a little debate were if people still due. I say yes but some say no. Just curious if any of you have any input.

Just curious if any of you tip house keeping and how much per day. Just a little debate were if people still due. I say yes but some say no. Just curious if any of you have any input.

We usually tip $1 per person per day. I also tip every day.

There is 5 of us and we typically tip $5, unless we have been especially messy or need to ask for a bunch of extra stuff

We tip $5 a day. We are also a family of 5. Usually, at the end of our stay, we tip a bit more if our service has been great but $5 per day is typical. My kids just decorated an envelope tonight for one of the days. We make it a family event..lol.

We tip $5.00 per day for husband and I and left more our last day. We used envelopes we found on another site and would leave notes to thank our Mousekeeper. I think we lucked out since we had towel animals waiting for us almost every day. Husband and I are neatnicks so room was pretty clean. :blush:

I tipped $2/day for a 6 day stay.

Mousekeeping created a different and fantastic 'Towel Animal' each day when the made up the room which my kids loved. Not sure if they would do that if you don't tip. Room was made up early too so no problems with me wanting to tip.

I don't tip anything to be honest. I don't see the need to leave money for somebody simply for them doing their job. If there was some way they could go "above and beyond" then I would consider it, but leaving a clean room is what they are supposed to do.

I will say that in 3 trips staying at both value and deluxe resorts, I've never had anything less than a clean room every day of my stay without leaving any "extra", so in my experience it's unnecessary.

I had never heard of tipping housekeeping until coming to this site... we do tip for bags, taxis, waiters, etc, but never housekeeping. :confused3

We feel it's a personal service, that a tip is (usually) well deserved, and we will typically leave $5 per day.

:goodvibes

I also had never heard of tipping housekeeping in a hotel until reading boards like these. We never have, but I would consider it if someone went above and beyond.

I don't leave a daily tip, although I used to. The housekeepers are not as great as they used to be....and we don't care at all about towel animals. We keep a clean room...and sometimes prefer not to be bothered. Our spring break trip consisted of 5 of 9 days when someone was in the room at all times. (GI bug)...and even with the do not disturb sign, the housekeepers tried to enter. Never left the bag of towels on the door. Our room did not have a trash can at check in...anywhere in the room. Called to ask for one....and we got a trash bag left on the sink. Took multiple calls to get a trash can. Oh....have we talked about toilette paper? I accept that Disney uses the lowest grade ever made in their values and mods. They should respect that we choose to bring our own....and housekeeping should not replace it with the Disney grade when we are away. I could go on and on about bad housekeeping....

Yep, just like at any hotel, we tip $5/day for the days we use it. We pick up after ourselves well, though, so don't need housekeeping every day. We leave the privacy tag on the doorknob until we do need a helping hand (usually because trash needs emptied).

We tip about $5 per day. Many times my DH will see the housekeeper and will give her or him more money. He has frequently said I am too cheap, ;), and that the people who clean up after us should be tipped better than the guy who hands us a bag off of the bus. :confused3 We do this at every hotel we visit unless the service is terrible, honestly, that seldom happens anywhere.

I think that tipping is a personal preference and that you should do what works for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter