I
We let our APs lapse a year ago. Checking in June 11 to deluxe resort and booked with AP discount. I know I have to activate the AP the same day we check in. Do I have to do it before check in or after check in but before the first night?

Thanks
Since you can skip the front desk I don’t think you have to activate it at all on check in day. I was in this situation once and got the room ready text before my AP was activated. I did end up driving to a park first but don’t think I would have had an issue getting into my room with my MB or the app.

Since you can skip the front desk I don’t think you have to activate it at all on check in day. I was in this situation once and got the room ready text before my AP was activated. I did end up driving to a park first but don’t think I would have had an issue getting into my room with my MB or the app.

Since the room rate for the entire stay is tied to there being an existing, activated AP, it needs to be activated that day otherwise the discounted stay may revert to rack rate.

It can be activated at any point during the day. I'd make it a priority when headed out just to get it done and know the systems are up.

Since the room rate for the entire stay is tied to there being an existing, activated AP, it needs to be activated that day otherwise the discounted stay may revert to rack rate.

It can be activated at any point during the day. I'd make it a priority when headed out just to get it done and know the systems are up.
You could have a flight delay that prevents you from going to a park on arrival day as planned. Would that result in them charging rack rate?

You could have a flight delay that prevents you from going to a park on arrival day as planned. Would that result in them charging rack rate?
I'm not a Disney employee so I can't say what would happen here. At the very least I'd say you'd need to hit up the front desk to explain what happened and an exception would be made.

We're here to offer advice the best we know. I'm a systems programmer and know how the automation could cascade down through the resort system (the two reconcile every evening and things are adjusted as needed). Activating that pass on the day of arrival is the best course of action.

I'm not a Disney employee so I can't say what would happen here. At the very least I'd say you'd need to hit up the front desk to explain what happened and an exception would be made.

We're here to offer advice the best we know. I'm a systems programmer and know how the automation could cascade down through the resort system (the two reconcile every evening and things are adjusted as needed). Activating that pass on the day of arrival is the best course of action.
Regarding programming - this is the company whose system allowed APs to register for TRON previews on days they were blocked out. And did Disney cancel them like they said they were going to? Nope, they gave those AP holders comp tickets so they could go to their preview.

This is the company whose system loses Swan/Dolphin reservations linked to MDE which costs precious time at 7am when trying to book ILL or causes issues when trying to book VQ at 6pm for EEH.

Is there a way to add a day to a multi day ticket yourself in the app during a trip? Or do you have to visit guest services to have them do it?

We will be at WDW for 9 nights and I'm not sure if we want 6, 7, or 8 day tickets. I don't want to overdo it and experience burn out, but we will also only be hitting the parks in late afternoon/evenings, so want to have enough time to do everything we want to do.

The cost isn't crazy to add a day or 2, but it's money that would be better spent on Genie+ or ILL on the other days. I don't want to pay for days we end up not using.

We will be at BC. If I start out with 6 day tickets, can I easily add days in the app before the last day has been used? That would be easier for me. If not, can the front desk concierge at the hotel do it for me?

I just had to call yesterday to add a day to my tickets. I couldn’t do it on either the app or the website. The cm said it was because I purchased the tickets as part of a package with the resort. Um, ok, weird but whatever.

I can tell you we have easily added days to our tickets at the front desk. They can set it up for you.

I would go ahead and add the dates - at that point you aren't paying that much per night and even if you go for just a few hours or just to eat some dinner/snacks and chill its already paid for and you have the park reservation that you want as opposed to not getting into the park that you might want to be at

Yep - we’re club level and that’s why don’t know how to properly handle it. DH and DS will want to immediately grab snacks and head to pool where they check magic bands and I wanted to let them do this while I run to IG to activate AP.

Just wasn’t sure if we could overlap all this or I had to run to IG and they sit idle in lobby.

I would go ahead and add the dates - at that point you aren't paying that much per night and even if you go for just a few hours or just to eat some dinner/snacks and chill its already paid for and you have the park reservation that you want as opposed to not getting into the park that you might want to be at

Yeah, I have considered that also. But the thing is, I kind of want to have some "forced" down days built in. My kids will be 17 and 19 and they are savvy with the app, so they will know how many park days we have set up. I would rather surprise them during the trip and add extra days than start of with all 8 days with park reservations that I will then feel compelled to uphold. My kids are autistic and if we have 8 days reserved, they will expect 8 days in the parks. Mama needs some time to RELAX though. I have some health issues that can flare up during travel, so I'd like to know I have flexibility to move park days around as needed and have some no parks days in there.

We are going in late July, when apparently NO ONE else is going, so not super worried about park reservations.

I just had to call yesterday to add a day to my tickets. I couldn’t do it on either the app or the website. The cm said it was because I purchased the tickets as part of a package with the resort. Um, ok, weird but whatever.

I can tell you we have easily added days to our tickets at the front desk. They can set it up for you.

Thanks. I feel like it's different if you are trying to do this ahead of your trip as opposed to doing it on a ticket that is mid use, if that makes sense. Like, I know you can do this in the app with Disneyland tickets mid trip (you can upgrade them or add days yourself). Was wondering how it works at WDW.

I will be buying the tickets in the WDW app, not as part of a package.

Yep - we’re club level and that’s why don’t know how to properly handle it. DH and DS will want to immediately grab snacks and head to pool where they check magic bands and I wanted to let them do this while I run to IG to activate AP.

Just wasn’t sure if we could overlap all this or I had to run to IG and they sit idle in lobby.
By all means, go right up... You're paying for it! Enjoy.
When you arrive they will want to sit with you and get you your welcome package, make sure you have your bands/keys in order. The concierge folk don't usually look at the rates, they're about the service. Enjoy a beverage and snack, then meander over to IG.

“We are going in late July, when apparently NO ONE else is going, so not super worried about park reservations.”

i hope youre right!

another random AP question....Years ago working advatage sold AP at a great rate. Are there any "work perk" sites that still do? perks at work and working advantage do not have WDW AP. Working advantage did have Universal FL AP but that was it.

Now thinking most cost effective to buy PH from working advatage and then pay difference to AP the day we arrive....

As long as do on arrival day we should be fine with room discount, right?

7 day PH, june 12, disney list online price as 703.80 and 749.55 after tax. AP will cost me $1595 with tax.

I have a 7 day PH for the exact date range purchased offsite (working advantage). I will be given credit for the disney online price correct? So I should expect to pay the difference between $750 and $1595, correct?

I would upgrade the second we get there at the IG. Is the IG a good spot for this? In the past we had an issue doing this at the front of Epcot....

also assuming AP is the same price at gate v. online

I will be given credit for the disney online price correct?
Your credit will be the WDW online price at the time you bought your ticket. If a price increase occurs between when you bought your ticket and when you upgrade, you will pay that difference as well.

“Gate price” is often about $20 higher than online for regular tickets, not sure about APs.

Your credit will be the WDW online price at the time you bought your ticket. If a price increase occurs between when you bought your ticket and when you upgrade, you will pay that difference as well.

“Gate price” is often about $20 higher than online for regular tickets, not sure about APs.
so that's the pricing for disney today and would buy from working advantage today as well.

I really just wanted to verify that disney will give me the $50 credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter