I will be at WDW the week of the 4th of July and also have a trip planned in December. I currently have two admission tickets in MDE - admission to the Epcot After Hours event on July 6 and a DVC AP purchased after the AH event ticket was purchased.

Other than the After Hours event I'm not planning on going into the parks on the July trip and plan on activating the AP for the December trip. What is the best way to guarantee that when I enter Epcot on the 6th that it will definitely not be activating the AP ?

No. If done correctly the credit should be "b" with the qualifier of "at the time the ticket was purchased."
So if you bought the ticket last fall before the price increase in Dec. it will be not be the current value listed online today. If the 10-day PH was bought more recently the value is most likely what you find listed online now.
Does the price bridging work with the tickets purchased through Sam's Club?

Does the price bridging work with the tickets purchased through Sam's Club?
Nothing "bridges" to current price/gate price like tickets used to do. Tickets from Sam's Club, like any other authorized reseller, will be valued at the price WDW sold the same ticket online at the time the ticket was "minted." In most cases "date minted" (for lack of a better term) means the same day, though there may be possibility to purchase "old stock" tickets shortly after a price increase in which case the ticket has the old value.

Nothing "bridges" to current price/gate price like tickets used to do. Tickets from Sam's Club, like any other authorized reseller, will be valued at the price WDW sold the same ticket online at the time the ticket was "minted." In most cases "date minted" (for lack of a better term) means the same day, though there may be possibility to purchase "old stock" tickets shortly after a price increase in which case the ticket has the old value.

So if I buy a ticket from Sam's on Saturday, use it, and then upgrade to an annual pass, assuming it was "minted" on Saturday, will I pay the difference between what I paid on Saturday and the annual pass or the difference between how much the pass cost from WDW on Saturday and the annual pass?

I will be at WDW the week of the 4th of July and also have a trip planned in December. I currently have two admission tickets in MDE - admission to the Epcot After Hours event on July 6 and a DVC AP purchased after the AH event ticket was purchased.

Other than the After Hours event I'm not planning on going into the parks on the July trip and plan on activating the AP for the December trip. What is the best way to guarantee that when I enter Epcot on the 6th that it will definitely not be activating the AP ?
Be sure to line up and enter at the special AH event entry tapstyles. I went to MK after hours in Feb, had not visited another park that day, entered at 7 and it used my AH ticket, not a day from my park hopper.

Years ago I had seen recommendations to avoid ticket mix-ups by creating another MDE profile and temporarily transferring the ticket to that one, not sure if that is possible in this situation, but it shouldn't be necessary.

So let me make sure I understand this. Disney pressures me to plan early and make park reservations. So tickets are bought early and then they offer this 4 day special so I’m out the difference?

So if I buy a ticket from Sam's on Saturday, use it, and then upgrade to an annual pass, assuming it was "minted" on Saturday, will I pay the difference between what I paid on Saturday and the annual pass or the difference between how much the pass cost from WDW on Saturday and the annual pass?
Yes to what LaneJudy answered above ^

Just make sure to upgrade that pass before the ticket is used up or you're out that money "invested" toward the AP.
Some folk choose to do it at the end of the day, I wouldn't wait that long, just incase something gets in the way of doing it (long lines, computers down... sharknado)

Hi. I have a park reservation today but flight is delayed. It’s the first day of my trip. What happens if I don’t scan in today? What happens with todays ticket and does it affect the rest of the weeks. Thanks

Hi. I have a park reservation today but flight is delayed. It’s the first day of my trip. What happens if I don’t scan in today? What happens with todays ticket and does it affect the rest of the weeks. Thanks
No impact if you never scan in to use the theme park reservation.
As for the ticket — you can use the park entry on another day during your visit if you had a non-park day planned. Just be sure to make a new theme park reservation for the new date.

Hi, our family of four is planning on going to Disney World in later August. We were going to do two days at the disney parks and one day at a waterpark. I’m trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to purchase the four day pass or she just purchased two days. Also, can I use one of the $99 days to get into a waterpark?

Yes to what LaneJudy answered above ^

Just make sure to upgrade that pass before the ticket is used up or you're out that money "invested" toward the AP.
Some folk choose to do it at the end of the day, I wouldn't wait that long, just incase something gets in the way of doing it (long lines, computers down... sharknado)
Thanks! I have upgraded to AP this way before (waiting till last day) but its been a few years and I've never used Sam's tickets.

Last edited:
Hi, our family of four is planning on going to Disney World in later August. We were going to do two days at the disney parks and one day at a waterpark. I’m trying to figure out if it would be cheaper to purchase the four day pass or she just purchased two days. Also, can I use one of the $99 days to get into a waterpark?
No.

The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parksMagic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days. Limit one admission per theme park, and one theme park per day. This ticket does not require theme park reservations to enter the parks.

I cannot figure out how much a two day park pass would be for the four of us? Also is there a benefit to purchasing a ticket now as opposed to at the gate?

Just to clarify you want 2 park days and 1 water park day,

You do not want the 4 day ticket special as it cannot be used for a water park.

You can purchase a 2 day ticket with the water park add on or, a 2 day ticket plus a 1 day water park ticket. Both are the same cost.

I cannot figure out how much a two day park pass would be for the four of us? Also is there a benefit to purchasing a ticket now as opposed to at the gate?
You need park reservations to access parks in 2023 so I would recommend purchasing earlier to make park reservations. You can price out tickets on the MDE app.

Click along at this website until you get to the calendar (choosing two days) and you’ll see how much the tickets cost for whatever days you’re planning to visit. I can’t imagine tickets being cheaper if you plan to walk up.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/

Is there a limit to how many times you can apply an unused ticket to a new ticket? We had a ticket from the pandemic year that we never used, so we applied that value to a new ticket for this summer. If we don't end up using it this summer, would we still be able to apply this second ticket to purchasing a new ticket in the future?

Is there a limit to how many times you can apply an unused ticket to a new ticket? We had a ticket from the pandemic year that we never used, so we applied that value to a new ticket for this summer. If we don't end up using it this summer, would we still be able to apply this second ticket to purchasing a new ticket in the future?
Yes, you can use the credit from this summer's ticket towards a future date. You really aren't re-applying the old credit because that was rolled into the current ticket value. The value is now based on the summer 2023 ticket as of the point you upgraded the old (pandemic) ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter