Ticket Prices Going Up 2/12/17 ~ New Pricing Page 8>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry if this has been answered..... I think it has, but can't find the page.... maybe someone can pin-point the page.....
If I purchase an e-ticket from UT, do I have to link it to my MDE right away? And what if it is intended for use next year vs this year since I already have AP? Is this where I should create another identity? (maybe use my middle name?) I know the answer is here somewhere.... sorry just can't find it :(
You don't have to link it. I do, so I don't lose them. I have other names in my account to put my hoarded tickets. ;)

I'm so sorry if this has been answered..... I think it has, but can't find the page.... maybe someone can pin-point the page.....
If I purchase an e-ticket from UT, do I have to link it to my MDE right away? And what if it is intended for use next year vs this year since I already have AP? Is this where I should create another identity? (maybe use my middle name?) I know the answer is here somewhere.... sorry just can't find it :(
When I link the future ticket, I use "Guest 1" as the name. That way it won't get confused with the ticket I am using at the park. When I'm ready, I change the name back to correct name.
Even tho you can prioritize tickets, this way there is no confusion.

I decided to pull the trigger and just bought our 5 day tickets from UT before they sell out. Saved just over $136, for the 3 of us, compared to the Disney site. We are staying at a house rental, so I didn't have to consider packages. I just know I would have kicked myself if I had waited and wound up paying more later.

It's a 7 Day PH from UT (4+3 free no expiration).

Were you eventually successful? From what I understand, they will now bridge to the gate price BEFORE the price increase (and introduction of expiring tickets). I am now nervous because I bought the exact same ticket as you and hoped to upgrade it to an AP!

Were you eventually successful? From what I understand, they will now bridge to the gate price BEFORE the price increase (and introduction of expiring tickets). I am now nervous because I bought the exact same ticket as you and hoped to upgrade it to an AP!
That I should correct - it was the best I could get this trip. I don't need the AP until May, so will be using the ticket then and will upgrade during the trip. I'm curious how upgrading one day will be - if it is the same situation (assume it would be, but one can always hope :)).

. . . . BEFORE the price increase (and introduction of expiring tickets) . . .
"Time-Limited-Tickets" or "TLT" is the term you're looking for, to avoid confusion with the old "expiring/non-expiring" difference that existed up until a couple years back.

That I should correct - it was the best I could get this trip. I don't need the AP until May, so will be using the ticket then and will upgrade during the trip. I'm curious how upgrading one day will be - if it is the same situation (assume it would be, but one can always hope :)).
I have a similar question. I have 5 day base tickets purchased late last year from UT. Disney gate price with tax, prior to recent increase, was $362 for 5 day, $378 for 6 day. Would my 5 day be brought up to the current 5 day price of $394 and then a charge of $21 to make it a current 6 day, priced at $415?

Just doing the math, the increased price of a current 6 day over a current 5 day vs a previous 6 vs 5 is 31%. Yikes! :faint: The new 6 day vs old 5 day is over 10%. Another :faint:

Thanks for your replies.

OUCH OUCH OUCH!
I'm trying to budget in our trip that we want to take...tickets just went up by 193.09 for 5 people.
That may not seem like much to some, but that is more than HALF of our gas bill to get there, or an entire day at a resort/camper rental.

Looks like we have to shave off a day now :/

OUCH OUCH OUCH!
I'm trying to budget in our trip that we want to take...tickets just went up by 193.09 for 5 people.
That may not seem like much to some, but that is more than HALF of our gas bill to get there, or an entire day at a resort/camper rental.

Looks like we have to shave off a day now :/
Did you check the wholesalers to see what their prices are? They may still have old price tickets. I use UT, Undercover Tourist.

Yes, that is how I knew the prices went up actually- I went to see what the cost would be if we shaved off a day and the tickets were MORE than my 7 day were originally so I searched here :(
With the price hike, we are going to keep the 7 day tickets but shave off a day at Fort Wilderness and not take the mid-week break so it almost evens out.

Yes, that is how I knew the prices went up actually- I went to see what the cost would be if we shaved off a day and the tickets were MORE than my 7 day were originally so I searched here :(
With the price hike, we are going to keep the 7 day tickets but shave off a day at Fort Wilderness and not take the mid-week break so it almost evens out.

Did you check several discounters? Maple Leaf (go to AllEars dot net for a link to them with extra discounts), Official Ticket Center dot com, Park Savers dot com? Won't hurt to check - they might have old tickets left.

@Robo is that true?

Did you check several discounters? Maple Leaf (go to AllEars dot net for a link to them with extra discounts), Official Ticket Center dot com, Park Savers dot com? Won't hurt to check - they might have old tickets left.
I did not yet. I tried one of them but they old have Hoppers and we don't use those. I'll try the others- thanks!

The new prices on UCT gave me a shock.

Me too!

I looked there too, all updated prices. The only one cheaper than UT was Maple Leaf, but the tickets had to be shipped or picked up at their office-?
That seems silly when everyone else offers etickets and they get linked to a band anyway.
We may look into them further though, it was $20 cheaper than UT.

I looked there too, all updated prices. The only one cheaper than UT was Maple Leaf, but the tickets had to be shipped or picked up at their office-?
That seems silly when everyone else offers etickets and they get linked to a band anyway.
We may look into them further though, it was $20 cheaper than UT.

Is there a reason you don't want them shipped?
Once you get them, you can connect them to your MDE account and book advanced FP+.

It is true, as of now.
Will it change at some point, who knows?
Does this also apply to tickets bought the day after the increase? I bought 8 day hoppers the day after the increase from Parksavers but I was able to get them at the old discounted prices. I'm trying to do the math to see if it's worth it to upgrade since we will be going on two trips (one short and one long) but now I'm confused as ever about what Disney will give me towards the upgrade.

Does this also apply to tickets bought the day after the increase? I bought 8 day hoppers the day after the increase from Parksavers but I was able to get them at the old discounted prices. I'm trying to do the math to see if it's worth it to upgrade since we will be going on two trips (one short and one long) but now I'm confused as ever about what Disney will give me towards the upgrade.

It's not the date that you bought them that matters.
It is the date that the tickets were originally "minted" (printed) by Disney.
(Disney prints the tickets that they ship to the authorized resellers.)
If you got the tickets at the "old price," they are "old tickets."

To upgrade an "Old Price" Ticket:
If the ticket that you have, and want to upgrade, was purchased from an authorized ticket reseller from "old stock" (a ticket minted BEFORE the Feb. 12 price increase,) THAT ticket will be price-bridged up to the full WDW gate price that was in place BEFORE Feb. 12, 2017.
That "before Feb. 12 gate price" will be subtracted from the CURRENT gate price of the new ticket to which you are upgrading.
That difference price will be the cost to upgrade.

Ticket PRICES-PREVIOUS to Feb. 12, 2017 from an archived Allears page HERE.

Wow, adding an 8th day to an "old" 7-day ticket would be very expensive. All subsequent price increases would be attached to the upgrade and not taken into account with the old. Takes away most of the motivation to add another park day that would normally only cost $10 (plus tax).

Don't know if the numbers add up to much from their perspective but this would shorten my plans for staying at a Disney resort and visiting the parks. Maybe Disney will see the light and go back to giving credit at the current ticket price when bridging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter