Ticket Prices Going Up 2/12/17 ~ New Pricing Page 8>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickpiteo

DIS Veteran
Saw this on KTP site:

DISNEY WORLD TICKET PRICE INCREASE AND MORE CONFUSING OPTIONS COMING
KENNYTHEPIRATE 4 COMMENTS

From what I was told, Disney World may create its annual ticket price increases beginning tomorrow, February 12, 2017 and add a couple of new options that are somewhat confusing.

Up to date info in page 8 ... :)

Last edited:
I'm interested to see the details. Like if you have extra days, do you have to purchase a new ticket to be able to use the days remaining.

We bought APs this year because we plan to go twice in one year. But after those expire, we are really on the fence about going back the following year. These types of increases make a difference. It appears Disney may not understand that. I can only wrap my brain around so much when planning a vacation.

Glad I just upgraded my Gold last month, saved myself $30.

Park Hopper Plus option and no more WP&M is interesting, not really surprising ....

Now his explanation of the "no expire" of used tickets days value sounds fishy ... why would Disney do this? This part is not mentioned on other blogs. ***

Buy tickets online or on app save $20 on 3+ day bundles, sounds good.

ALL tickets have expire dates ..... read that part before you buy tickets tonight for a future trip.

Lots of changes, waiting on final details to come out.

There's a major error in this and I can't correct it yet. :(

YIKES.

His info does not match some other bloggers .... is it all of them wrong or just some of his wrong?

--------------------------------------

*** EDITED to remove quoted content from KTP blog post regarding new ticket rules.

Section posted was a substantial part of his post and something not being addressed by others. The wording made no sense, appeared to create loop holes to in essence create non-expiring tickets and offering ability to create more than a 10 day ticket. Since folks were discussing this, I thought having the verbatim content would help. Guess it was adding to confusion.

Last edited:

There's a major error in this and I can't correct it yet. :(

Uh oh. I was going to purchase my tickets today and then upgrade to an annual pass in the parks. Then KTP's post came out. So if I were considering waiting to buy my tickets until tomorrow because of KTP's post on the non-expiring add-on option, would you advise me to just stick to my original plan and buy my tickets today?

Here's TouringPlan's blog post: http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/02/11/disney-ticket-price-increase-happening-tomorrow/

They describe the expiration date thing as such:

• All new tickets will have an expiration date that the ticket must be used by. (Previously, only one day tickets expired.) Anyone with an expired ticket will be able to exchange it for a credit to purchase a new ticket of equal or greater value. Tickets that have been purchased prior to Sunday, February 12 will remain valid and not carry expiration dates.

My guess would be that the 14-day expiration after initial use still applies, unlike what KTP suggested. Guess we'll know tomorrow?

Little doubt in that.

The info you posted is describing purchased but UNUSED tickets.

Right. So basically, if after tomorrow you purchase but don't use tickets til after they expire, you are essentially required to bridge the expired ticket's value into a valid current-year ticket, it sounds like?

Right. So basically, if after tomorrow you purchase but don't use tickets til after they expire, you are essentially required to bridge the expired ticket's value into a valid current-year ticket, it sounds like?

I'd not use the word "bridge" (as it has a separate and distant meaning in WDW ticket jargon.)

But, yes, if a ticket is allowed to go past its "expiration date," unused, the guest can get what was originally PAID for that ticket... in the purchase of a NEW ticket of same or greater value.

Yes. That's currently in effect for the one-day park specific tickets.

My guess is the new tickets will expire 1 year after purchase.

Or if they give a specific date in 2019 that could be a clue to when SWL is expected to open, but I doubt this will be the case.

Correct. You would apply the cost of the expired ticket to the new price. That's what they do at Disneyland already.

My guess is the new tickets will expire 1 year after purchase.

Or if they give a specific date in 2019 that could be a clue to when SWL is expected to open, but I doubt this will be the case.

Yup. Something just like (or similar to) that.

Buying my youngest her ticket from parksavers now for our fall trip! She's the only one without an AP since she's just now old enough to need a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter