Ticket Prices Going Up 2/12/17 ~ New Pricing Page 8>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, adding an 8th day to an "old" 7-day ticket would be very expensive. All subsequent price increases would be attached to the upgrade and not taken into account with the old. Takes away most of the motivation to add another park day that would normally only cost $10 (plus tax).

Don't know if the numbers add up to much from their perspective but this would shorten my plans for staying at a Disney resort and visiting the parks. Maybe Disney will see the light and go back to giving credit at the current ticket price when bridging.
If I'm interpreting correctly, and if this is the process moving forward, then it seems to say that upgrading will allow guests to keep their reseller discounts, but no longer insulate against price increases.
All the more reason to buy what you'll need, unless you know your upgrade will not straddle a price bump.

Wow, adding an 8th day to an "old" 7-day ticket would be very expensive. All subsequent price increases would be attached to the upgrade and not taken into account with the old.

I'm not sure of exactly what you're saying, but that's not the case of upgrading a Magic Your Way ticket bought in or before 2016.
Let's say that you have an "old" ticket (for example, from 2009.)
If it is "new" and never been used, it will be bridged up to the 2016 price (the price right before Feb. 12, 2017.)
That's not a bad thing for guests still holding "old" MYW tickets for upgrade.

Now, if you were to continue to hold these older tickets for several more years, the upgrade price would continue to cost more and more... as the increases keep coming.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that's true in the case of upgrading a ticket bought before 2016.
It MIGHT be that your "old" ticket (let's say from 2012) MIGHT be bridged up to the 2016 price (the price right before Feb. 2017.)
I'd say that would be a pretty good possibility.
I try to find out more.

Probably true that the 2012 ticket will be bridged to 2016 price but the cost would still be relatively high if wanting to add just one more day to a ticket. Basically, the full difference between the 2016 7-day price and the new 8-day price when it would have been just the cost difference between a new 7-day and a new 8-day (e.g. $10 plus tax). I was making the assumption that any tickets purchased 2016 and earlier would get bridged up to 2016 price then applied to the new purchase and that this would hold for future years as well. Which means that to upgrade the tickets 3 years from now, I'd likely end up paying the cost of several ticket price increases.
Don't know why I assume this because:

We don't know what will happen after the next increase. I was thinking that my 2016 tickets would still be bridged using the 2016 price but maybe Disney would select a new price point to bridge to for all tickets created just before the latest ticket price increase takes place; that would help a little...what a mess.

If I use the ticket years from now and only as it was purchased (no upgrade), then I will have saved myself a bunch of money. As soon as I upgrade, I may just have well bought the ticket from a discount broker just prior to the trip since the discount will probably be about the same then as it was when I purchased the ticket (basically what cigar95 just posted)

If I'm interpreting correctly, and if this is the process moving forward, then it seems to say that upgrading will allow guests to keep their reseller discounts, but no longer insulate against price increases.
All the more reason to buy what you'll need, unless you know your upgrade will not straddle a price bump.
I've been trying to seek clarification on this scenario also. Back a few pages I asked but no direct reply. I have pre-increase base 5 day tickets. Currently, as you laid out, it would cost $51 to add a 6th day.

In my most recent conversation with RCT, she said they are to bring a reseller ticket to the current gate price manually and then add days and/or options. That would cost $21 (still a huge increase from the 'old' 10 dollar-a-day days) But she it was still very confusing in what they are supposed to be doing.

Why does Disney have to always make things so darn confusing, cigar, LOL? :confused3

Why does Disney have to always make things so darn confusing, cigar, LOL? :confused3
You and I have both been doing this stuff too long for our own good, I think. On the other hand, putting in some extra work has saved us a bundle over the years. (Seriously, if the savings were easier to get, more people would do it and the savings per person would have to get smaller to maintain revenue.)

Now that the new ticket pricing has been finalized and 1) the process of upgrading to APs has been confirmed and 2) one-day upgrade costs have been shared, redirecting to the following Sticky:

All About TICKETS at WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter