Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Harry Potter House Pride Day #2 -
5BF0AEC7-A215-4D79-AF23-1ACEBD94129A.jpeg

Today's Topic (Tues, 3/21) - 3 people you're grateful for who test as, or exemplify the qualities of, Slytherin

A very dear older lady who I used to work with who I became very good friends with - left to raise 4 young kids by herself after her husband passed along with taking care of 3 elderly relatives one of which was her mother with Alzheimer’s - never once put her mother in a nursing home - this lady ALWAYS had a sunny disposition - never negative - I miss her so much !!! ❤️❤️❤️

All the single moms I know - rough work and they do it !!! That job never stops !!! Being a mom is hard but being a single mom is even harder

My Aunt - she had polio - but that didn’t stop her one bit - as a small child it was like there was nothing wrong with my Aunt - she used crutches sometime - other times a wheelchair - but she made it seem normal - she had very few limitations in spite of her condition - she NEVER mentioned it or complained - another person I miss so much !! I’m still mad she got breast cancer wasn’t the polio enough ?? Just not right ❤️❤️❤️

Bobbi
I used to have 6 hummingbirds at my other house - I’ve been at this house 6 yrs and it took 4 yrs to get 2 hummingbirds - I’m hoping to double down this year ! I put out 5 feeders ! Always by bushes because they like to feel safe ! They hardly ever go for the flowers that is suppose to attract them

Happy Tuesday

1 Definitely single mothers, in my case fathers, grandparents, other loving caregivers to children and others, and God, most of all, Who is a single Father, too.

2 Children who are such bright and pure bringers of faith and kind cheer. In a canine way, loyal:dog2:companions, too.

3 Last night I watched a touching episode of HGTV's show Hometown. The Napiers (married hosts of this series) along with their Laurel, MS community all came together, including the Mayor and his daughter, to rebuild the home of a beloved multi generational family, a fixture in their town for many years.

Last edited:
3 people you're grateful for who test as, or exemplify the qualities of, Slytherin

1. My middle DD(24) - she is such a go getter. When she was growing up, I always knew she would do good things because of her determination and go-getter personality

2. I agree with single parents that I know. It's hard enough when your parenting with your spouse!

3. My mom - she has qualities of a lot of the houses, but after my dad died, she had to reinvent some things about her life and she has made a happy last part of her life even though it didn't turn out the way she would have chosen

I had to look up the traits, but I'm enjoying these!

I really do like how down to earth Erin and Ben are, Bobbiwoz. I do love their value of faith, family, and helping connect their community together by giving new life to homes. Glad you enjoy it, too, which is no surprise since you are such a kind person :)

Thank you all for today's shares and being a bringer of care and support to many in your lives, too. Each of you make a difference!:flower3:

I read most of the books and can't remember much of the different houses, but I enjoy reading the responses. Happy Tuesday!
I hope nobody is scared off because they haven't read the books!! - It's perfectly fine to just go by the descriptions in the graphics I'm posting!

It's getting challenging thinking of new topics, so I've been using "holidays" like these for inspiration quite a lot lately.

Last edited:
Slytherins I'm grateful for -

The Carlin Brothers (YouTubers who discuss Harry Potter, Disney, Pixar, and a couple of other fandoms). They are proud Slytherins, and I really enjoy their channel, especially the trivia quizzes.

Inventors - I imagine a lot of inventors have the Slytherin traits of ambition, drive, and resourcefulness.

My nieces - They're all fans of the HP movies, and have enjoyed playing with the house sorting quizzes over the years. I don't remember now which one got which house, so I'll just be grateful for all of them! 😆

I love the 3 things begin with letter -
Foods are good one
Places you have been impacted you
Major life changing experiences good or bad
Teachers
3 Everyday things you do
3 things you could not / would not want to live without
Technology your grateful for
TV shows
Movies
Pets
3 relatives
Friends
Habits - good or bad impact outcomes
Jobs
Relationships
Vehicles - I could write novels on this one trust me I’m grateful for what I have now
Books
I’ll ponder this and see if I can think of some others

I love the 3 things begin with letter -
Foods are good one
Places you have been impacted you
Major life changing experiences good or bad
Teachers
3 Everyday things you do
3 things you could not / would not want to live without
Technology your grateful for
TV shows
Movies
Pets
3 relatives
Friends
Habits - good or bad impact outcomes
Jobs
Relationships
Vehicles - I could write novels on this one trust me I’m grateful for what I have now
Books
I’ll ponder this and see if I can think of some others
Thanks - I've used some of those already, but several are new!! :Pinkbounc I appreciate the help!

Hey everyone!!!

I’m married to a Slytherin, so I’m always grateful for him ❤️

I hope nobody is scared off because they haven't read the books!! - It's perfectly fine to just go by the descriptions in the graphics I'm posting!

It's getting challenging thinking of new topics, so I've been using "holidays" like these for inspiration quite a lot lately.
I know how you feel - I sometimes struggle with my polls. My alarm goes off at 5:00am and I lay there and think of a topic until 5:15am. This is one of the reasons I take the weekend off, because it really does become challenging to come up with topics that don’t repeat.

F5713337-8D28-4C5C-AD90-307F43066D7B.jpeg

It's Gryffindor Pride Day!

Today's Topic (Wed. 3/22) - 3 brave, chivalrous, etc. people you're grateful for

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter