Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Emerald's also my birthstone, Mumto3girls, May. I usually don't think about that because other than a cross necklace, I'm not into jewelry really, but good reminder. How handy and also neat that your DHs name is similar to your own maiden name. I would think that might also make it easier for people from earlier in your life, especially, to remember.

An extra green thing to bring each of you a morning/afternoon smile is a t shirt worn by Billy, a 🧸, that I got my Dad for Father's Day a couple years ago when he needed some extra encouragement. Billy has brought us both comfort and cheer.

The 1% Irish my ancestry.com DNA summary states 🤣
Whiskey
Green Clover (it smells so good!)

I am decked out in my Hartford Whalers shirt/socks...my wedding sneakers(customized in our wedding colors of green, grey, and navy) and even put some green hair wax in my hair

We are having a contest at work on who can be the most decked out today...the winner gets to leave early...I probably would win-but I doubt as a manager I will be allowed to leave early LOL...it was just for fun...I'm disappointed in my coworkers though...slackers 🤣🤣🤣

I've got to go with the green grass that others have mentioned today - DH runs the turn division of the company he works for, so he talks about grass all the time!

My green STL Cardinals jersey. It's so unique - I think it was a stadium giveaway at some point because I honestly wouldn't have ever bought one like it, but I do enjoy wearing it since it's so unusual!

My mom's green themed kitchen

Emerald's also my birthstone, Mumto3girls, May. I usually don't think about that because other than a cross necklace, I'm not into jewelry really, but good reminder. How handy and also neat that your DHs name is similar to your own maiden name. I would think that might also make it easier for people from earlier in your life, especially, to remember.
I also don’t wear much jewelry other than my wedding rings, but I think emeralds are so pretty. My birthday is the 20th, @flyingdumbo127. Won’t be long now.

Happy May Birthday upcoming to you, Mumto3girls, you're right May is coming right up!

I hope all of you are having a good Friday :) Eksmama, thinking extra of you🙏:grouphug:

my very ancient clothes drying wrack - it’s older than me ( I’m no spring chicken ) and it’s been repaired more times than I care to mention - currently it’s in need of another repair - but I won’t get a new one I just love this one !

My Dooney & Harvey purses - I just love my purses ! They have gotten so expensive now that I rarely purchase one but they are so cute ! I have several but two are my favorites and I use them all the time - I always think of Disney when I have them

My very old Disney Backpack - it’s tiny and I only use it for my Disney trips ! I’ve had it for over 20 years ! Wouldn’t take a trip without it !! It’s soft cloth so not too heavy for me as you all know about me & my stupid neck ! Would love to get one of those adorable backpacks Disney sells but they would be to heavy for me

Bonus - I have several pieces of Depression Glass that I inherited and picked up through the years - I just love this stuff it’s so pretty !!

Long time

1. Our dining room table my parents passed to us. It's now covered with evidence of craft and art projects, but we won't get rid of it.

2. A heavy metal chest filled with my father in law's old tools. He was a carpenter. Dh has lugged them house to house when we move.

3. My grandmother's first set of wedding rings. My grandfather upgraded them at some point. I can't believe how tiny her hands were since she was as tall as me (5'9).

WDWEPCOT, :hug:older things along with family and friends who we have had in our lives for years, are often unique and extra blessings indeed. Of course, new friends such as yourself, Eksmama, and our own dear thread starter, PollyannaMom, are daily blessings to me, too, along with all of you kind friends who help keep this thread going.

Eksmamama, I'm blessed with height at at just under 5'9". Grandparents, were sure instrumental blessings in my life. 🙏your own (all of you in this thread) were likewise. How very special to have your grandma's 💍

For my own older things, including memories that go along with them:

1 Benjy (dog) and Minty (rabbit) two much loved stuffed animal friends from my childhood. Both made a difference to me bigtime growing up. Memories of family and friends from my grandma and dad to church pastor and Bible study friends tending to both animals with loving stitching up care are dear to me as well for the blessing of the people behind them.

2 I drink hot chocolate out of a teacup of my grandma's. It's the perfect smaller than regular coffee cup size and lighter, too. I honestly don't remember grandma specifically using it. I do know that she picked out the Corelle dinnerware set that it's from. When I was younger, she along with my grandpa, often had friends over for game nights or just to visit with. Grandma always served coffee and possibly also tea on those evenings. Dad and I use daily the plates and bowls from this set.

3 Dad and I both have long-used bed pillows that we each rest our heads on each night. My own pillow was part of my childhood. Flat yet soft (I'm not comfortable lying on a puffy pillow) it's helped me to 🛌so very many nights indeed.

1. My pfaltzgraff remembrance dishes. I registered for them when DH and I got married 31 years ago and I still love them. Every now and then I see a set of dishes that I really like and consider getting them, but so far I've always decided against it because I still love mine and they have lasted so well!

2. An ornament on our Christmas tree that I got from my grandma when I was a kid. She used to have tree decorating parties and my cousins and I along with some of our friends would go to their house to decorate their tree - one year she gave each of us a personalized ornament and I think of her parties each year when I hang the ornament.

3. The piano in our living room. We inherited it from my grandma. I am one of the only grandkids who plays, so I got it. It is so pretty and I love having it!

Older Things:

1. Pieces of China painted by my grandmother. I have just a few random dishes that she hand painted, but they are beautiful and extra special because she painted them. She did a full set of China for my mom that is at my parent’s house. My mom used it for holidays when she was alive.
2. Kitchen aid mixer—a wedding gift and still going strong.
3. Wedding rings

Bought our Christmas Tree the year we got our home and I still love it, grateful for it.

I have recipe books that I am now the third generation using, and have lots of old recipes that keep me feeling linked & feel grateful for that.

Found that my preserved wedding dress and hairpiece seem to have been prepared properly so feeling grateful that was done, might make bedding with it, maybe a teddy bear & some "Something Old" keepsakes if I can find a seamstress or such.

In contrast to yesterday's long-term category...

Today's Topic (Sun 3/19) - 3 things (or people) you're grateful for that were only in your life for a short time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter