Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I have a serious sweet tooth, so could fill a page. Whittling it down to 3 is a challenge. 😂

- Gluten Free Oreos! So happy they came out with a GF version. The knock off GF Oreos just weren’t the same. My DS eats GF and I often put them in his school lunch.

- Ice Cream! A local spot makes a lime ice cream and it’s divine.

- Key Lime Pie. We often serve this on Thanksgiving in lieu of other pies. A little nod to all those years we lived in Florida. I use the recipe that is on the Nellie & Joes Key Lime Juice bottle. Never fails!

Can you tell I love Limes?

Editing to add that after reading the comments posted since this morning, I would devour every item you all listed. I don’t think I’ve ever met a dessert I didn’t like!

I’m just joining in after lurking for awhile. This is a fun thread and a reminder to be grateful for all of the wonderful things around us. Adding my thank you to @PollyannaMom :thanks:

Last edited:
How the Southern Graces did I forget BANANA PUDDING ??????? Truth be told I will ONLY eat homemade and NO whip topping !! Another item I really don’t wish to share - at least not when it’s fresh and warm !!! After it’s chilled help yourself but when that pudding is fresh off the stove and you just made it - look out !!! Yummy !!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

How the Southern Graces did I forget BANANA PUDDING ??????? Truth be told I will ONLY eat homemade and NO whip topping !! Another item I really don’t wish to share - at least not when it’s fresh and warm !!! After it’s chilled help yourself but when that pudding is fresh off the stove and you just made it - look out !!! Yummy !!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Mine had the obligatory vanilla wafers on top 🥰

Mine had the obligatory vanilla wafers on top 🥰
I can’t get enough of those in mine - lije a whole box ❤️🤣 man I just love banana pudding ever since I was a kid ! Always make a double batch when I make it - I purchased a special bowl from Pampered Chef JUST for banana pudding !!! Back when I got it some 20 plus years ago dang thing was $50 😳😳 it holds whole box vanilla wafers and two batches of vanilla pudding ( homemade ) and several bananas !!
Now I’m gonna have to make that this weekend cause I want it !! During Covid I couldn’t find vanilla wafers anywhere it was awful no banana pudding for me !! 🤣🤣

I can’t get enough of those in mine - lije a whole box ❤️🤣 man I just love banana pudding ever since I was a kid ! Always make a double batch when I make it - I purchased a special bowl from Pampered Chef JUST for banana pudding !!! Back when I got it some 20 plus years ago dang thing was $50 😳😳 it holds whole box vanilla wafers and two batches of vanilla pudding ( homemade ) and several bananas !!
Now I’m gonna have to make that this weekend cause I want it !! During Covid I couldn’t find vanilla wafers anywhere it was awful no banana pudding for me !! 🤣🤣
That bowl is probably $150 now!!

Welcome to our kind thread, MommaKetch, we're glad you joined:grouphug:

All this treat talk brings me an extra evening to remember my grandmother who truly loved all things sweet. I remember when she was still living in her own apartment how she would often have multiple pints of ice cream in her freezer. I finally did realize that brought me joy and extra praise to God to know especially in her 80's 🍨These days, I think similarly about my friend Sue, going on 100, and 🍩

Wishing each of you extra sweet dreams tonight with love.

Sometimes life (God ) throws you a friend all out of the blue right when you are about to really need one - I’ve been very blessed to have that happen - this person has a lot in common with me and we have bonded instantly ! Im very blessed & grateful for this person every day !
I made friends with a woman I used to work with and again I’m very blessed to have her in my life - at times she’s been a lifeline for me
I’ve mentioned her before - the lady I used to babysit for - she was a dear sweet person to me at a very rough time in her life although I never would have guessed that
My DIS Peeps !!! Especially y’all on this thread !! ❤️

Friends

1. My BFF in FL. We met through my BF in NC when we were 19 while she was stationed there.. he didn't last, but she did. 🥰

2. A woman who used to work for me. She has been there for me through all my issues and means the world to me.

3. The DIS. I've net some really nice, kind, cool people!

My friend M---, who I am thinking about today because I'm looking forward to walking with her and her dog again this summer (She's a teacher, and will be done for the year soon.)

My "mom friends" from playgroup when DS was little - It was one of those "friends for a season" situations where we didn't stay in touch after the kids got older, but they were important at the time, and it was so nice to know they would just be there every week, without having to arrange to see each other (when we were all busy and tired, and wouldn't have made the effort.)

My DH's Lodge friends - this is a great group of folks, and I know if I ever had an emergency and needed a bunch of people to show up at the drop of a hat, they would!

And of course, you DIS friends! :wave2:

Jesus
All of you!
My friend Gigi who I met in third grade and was especially close with for the next couple of years.
Church family and friends

People such as Aurora who work at Ralphs that have come to befriend dad and I locally and who bring me extra gratitude to God for because I know they keep an eye out on dad while he's out.

Friends -

1. Grateful for my oldest DDs friends. She graduated high school in 2015 and had a group of 9 that did everything together. They weren't all "best" friends with each other, but due to various relationships, they always celebrated everything together (homecomings, proms, birthdays, etc). Now, 8 years later, they still get together quite a bit even though some of them have moved to different parts of the country. I love them all and hope they always remain as close as they are now. I know it gets harder as they all have spouses, kids, jobs, etc, but so far, they are making it work because they make each other a priority!

2. Grateful for friends I made through my kids parents. DH and I are still close to a couple of the couples and are very grateful for their friendships.

3. Grateful for my sister (who is also my best friend). There are so many things in life that only a sibling can relate to and I'm so glad that we are close in that way and other ways as well!

Friends -

1. Grateful for my oldest DDs friends. She graduated high school in 2015 and had a group of 9 that did everything together. They weren't all "best" friends with each other, but due to various relationships, they always celebrated everything together (homecomings, proms, birthdays, etc). Now, 8 years later, they still get together quite a bit even though some of them have moved to different parts of the country. I love them all and hope they always remain as close as they are now. I know it gets harder as they all have spouses, kids, jobs, etc, but so far, they are making it work because they make each other a priority!

2. Grateful for friends I made through my kids parents. DH and I are still close to a couple of the couples and are very grateful for their friendships.

3. Grateful for my sister (who is also my best friend). There are so many things in life that only a sibling can relate to and I'm so glad that we are close in that way and other ways as well!
I agree on the sister. I don't know what I would do without mine. Especially as my parents age.

1. Angela- She is really my best friend, my sistah from another mistah. Our lives have so many common threads and we get along so well. I met her here, on the DIS; she was renting out seats on her Illuminations cruise, about 20 years ago. We message daily, sometimes several times, and she's been there for me in good times and bad, celebrating and grieving, always there for me. We have met IRL maybe 6 or so times.

2. Diane- She is the mom of a girl my DD danced with. These girls were in the dance studio 4+ hours a day, 6 or 7 days a week, so we spent a lot of time together in waiting rooms and parking lots. We formed a strong friendship and remain close today, even though our daughters haven't danced together for 10 years. We see each other about once a month.

3. My sisters, Julie and Sally. I have different relationships with each of them, and would be lost without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter