This Trip Report is Useless Without Pictures. Update 8/20: Day 2 in the Magic Kingdom

looking forward to the next post in this TR!!! keep them coming!

Okay! Going to try to get something up tonight...

More! More! More! lol

LOL! :thumbsup2

Wow! Congrats on the upgrade!!! Perfection. In April, we had booked a YC standard view CL room and I was very prepared to look at a roof top, however we had been upgraded to lagoon view and I was so excited!!! It was beautiful! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read about the lounge!!

The upgrade was just crazy. Such an awesome beginning to our trip!!

Joining in. Nice upgrade..can't wait to here all about club level

Welcome!! I hope my trip report will be helpful to you!

I'm here for the photos, more of them!

I'm working on it! ;)

Day 1
Part 2
Post Upgrade Reveal

So, dear readers, we last left off with what can only be called a truly magical start to our vacation. Although I was clearly the #1 most affected member of our family

tumblr_mrfkhgYwru1rc1xlho1_400.gif

Everyone else was quite excited. Tim loves to start and end his day on the balcony, taking in the sights, and we both have lovely memories of seeing Bay Lake from our balcony at Wilderness Lodge two years ago. While we were both perfectly content with the garden view at Hawaii, the view of Bay Lake just made everything that much more peaceful.

The kids were just happy to open and close the sliding glass door as much as possible.

Because, kids.

Okay, so we are all checked in, and it's about 5, which means:
TIME TO HIT THE LOUNGE FOR SOME APPETIZERS.

We exit the room
IMG_5041.jpg

turn right, and were two rooms from the second floor of the lounge (third floor of the resort). Amazing room location.

Let's eat!

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5031.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

The pineapple. The caramel sauce.
Yes.

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

Let's drink!
IMG_5036.jpg

I regret to inform you that the dreaded Nescafe machines are still in use here.

IMG_5037.jpg

Quinn was very pleased to see they had one of the foods in his six food rotation: Corn dog nuggets.
IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5038.jpg

Some tasty treats (the skewers were a huge hit). Note the reasonable amount of food on the plates.

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

IMG_5024.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

And on the right, your daily dose of blue meth, 98% pure--I mean, POG juice (which, people, I am on a mission to recreate here at home. So far its been a no go. I am starting to feel withdrawal symptoms)

IMG_5023.jpg

How about some of that view!?
IMG_5029.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

So we've eaten a little, had a little to drink (KONA BEER IN THE HOUSE Y'ALL) and its time to head downstairs, where we are going to meet my ILs before dinner. It's maybe 5:45, and I am excited

tumblr_llgamqQLBD1qcjzcm.gif

because we are about to check out the Torch Lighting Ceremony at the Great Ceremonial House. I've seen pictures. I've seen video. I want to see this awesomeness myself.

A CM directs us to go out to the front of the GCH and wait, so we do.

IMG_5042.jpg

Someone takes a family picture. Thank you, whoever you are. Were.

IMG_5044.jpg

I present to you, the second of approximately 9,267 hugs that Quinn gave Liam over the course of the week.

IMG_5043.jpg

Liam's expression:
tumblr_mo98vaSmYm1rx3l95o1_500.jpg

Oooh, hey, if this lady's out with the drums...

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

Then my fire twirler cant be far behind. Right?

IMG_5051.jpg

Right! Booyah!

IMG_5053.jpg

He got like three feet of air that time.

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

Amazing torch lighting ceremony complete, we head upstairs because it is almost time for the first ADR of the trip:

IMG_5067.jpg

Kona! Whoop whoop!

But first. We wait for our buzzer to buzz, and the kids argue over who gets to hold the buzzer because God knows its not like we're in Disney and the most important thing to do is fight over a stupid buzzer.

Quinn wins, because he is more annoying when he doesn't get his way.

We go into one of the shops and Quinn decides he'd like to try pin trading this trip. Okay!

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

Pin trading was a huge success this trip. Both boys had a blast trading with CMs, and with each other. Im so glad we shelled out the money for the starter kits and lanyards. They couldn't have loved it more!

Oh sorry there. I went into dreamland mode. Neither kid even put the lanyard on again after this night. Their ZOMG WERE IN DISNEY LETS PIN TRADE!!!!!11!!! enthusiasm had jumped ship by the next morning.

Live and learn, right? And blow $50.

Moving on, our Kona buzzer buzzes and we make our way to the table. It's busy, and were given a table right on the edge of the restaurant. Excellent for people watching. Our server is AWESOMESAUCE. She goes above and beyond the entire dinner. We say we want three orders of sticky wings for appetizers? She says, you are nuts, that's too much food. I say, can I get me a backscratcher even though its not on the drink menu?

People, she delivers.

tumblr_mepo57lNdf1rze7ks.gif

IMG_5068.jpg

Tim's fruity drink
IMG_5069.jpg

with the light up ice cube.

SGCUBE.jpg

Ha ha ha, not that Ice Cube!

IMG_5070.jpg

Sticky wings. These were every bit as good as I had read they were.
IMG_5071.jpg

Liam got the scallops
IMG_5073.jpg

My ILs both got the ahi, I believe
IMG_5074.jpg

Tim (no gluten for him) got the burger. This is technically only a lunch item but what's that? Flipping awesome server delivered. Again.

IMG_5075.jpg

I got the pan Asian noodles with shrimp. Delicious.

IMG_5072.jpg

Quinn got...grilled cheese or something. Not picture worthy. If you're looking for photos of kids grilled cheese, this is not the trip report you're looking for.

For dessert, I got the pineapple upside down cake. Actually, I seem to remember that I was over at a shop doing something or other, so Tim ordered it for me. Which is why it had the ice cream. I wouldn't have ordered that. Whatever. He was being nice.

IMG_5076.jpg

I am a huge dessert person and unfortunately, this was just meh. Kind of dry.

Of course I still ate it.

We didn't spend too much longer there. I think my ILs had some wine. Liam wasn't feeling well (I finally figured out that this happens every time we go to the east coast--he gets jet lag) so we decided to call it a night. We walked around the resort a little and headed back up to the room for the

Electrical Water Pageant!

Which we watched from the balcony. Awesome.

And here are some craptastic photos. Not so awesome.

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

Good lord. They're worse than I remember. I'll spare you any more.

Oh, and by this time our luggage was in our resort. The only reason I mention it is because it was still tagged for Pop. When we got our luggage tags about a week before departure, we had just changed to the Poly. Since the tags still said Pop, I called CRO and the rep informed me that sometimes if you make a change close to when they send your tags out, it will still have the old resort on them. But the codes, when scanned, would send the bags to the new resort.

I was dubious. For goodness sakes, they said POP CENTURY right on them. But I chose to believe the rep.

And, she was right. Our bags were right where they should have been.

So after the EWP, the kids and I went out to walk around. It was very lightly drizzling; not bad at all.

I took some awful pictures on what was surely the wrong setting on my camera.

IMG_5091.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

This is about the closest we got to the quiet pool the whole time.
IMG_5097.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

I have a problem. I take way too many pictures of signage
IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

After our little walk, we headed back up to the room, where Tim got me a glass of Amarula from the lounge (HAVE YOU PEOPLE TRIED THIS!? Its almost as good as POG juice) and we settled in to watch Wishes.

From our balcony.

Which was basically covered in pixie dust.

IMG_5108.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5122.jpg

I kid you not--it was probably the best night of the trip. Aside from Liam not feeling great, we had had an amazing arrival, painless check in, delicious dinner, wonderful, relaxing evening, and now, having been up since 4 am, we were ready to call it a night.

Alarm set for 6:30, we hopped into bed, ready to take on the next day. Magic Kingdom, rope drop. We are notorious for trying to make rope drop and missing it. Would tomorrow be any different? Would Quinn fight getting sunscreened? Would I hit the snooze alarm too many times? Would one of the boys toss the other one off the balcony?

Only time will tell.

:rotfl:

Discovered your trip report tonight and am very much enjoying following along! Plus, I already had LOST on in the background when I started reading (because I am only slightly obsessed), so it just felt right. ;)

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the next installment!

Loving it!!! 24 more days for us!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Love the club pics thk you..yummy good selection.

The lighting ceremony is great..yummy diner.
What a wonderful view wow..mega pixi dust there for sure.

Great so far, funny ..love your style ;)

Can't wait to see your first day in MK! Your TR is so informative, fun, & entertaining! Loving see Disney through your family's eyes.

Joining in - loving the report so far. Nice to see a report with no saracsm in it whatsoever ;)

Thoguh, given all the Arrested Development love, surprised to didn't refer to either your switch to the Poly or the surprise upgrade as "anustart"

I'm subbing! I can't wait to hear about your family's FUN time at Disney! I can sympathize with the kidney stones....my hubby gets them and they are NO FUN!

I'm subbing!!!! I haven't even read a post yet but I saw Poly pics and it got me excited!! I'll be there in 111 days!!!! :) I'll get caught up after work! Sadly, my lunch break is over. :(

Hi! Love the report and all caught up so far. Can't wait to see more "craptastic" photos! I love them!!

Reading along, we stayed one night at the poly on our last trip (we were off site for the rest but thought we would have a treat for our last night)

We were in the Aotearoa building (This is the Maori name for New Zealand, which is where I am from.) Oh my goodness you have never heard such a butchering of the pronunciation of it we just laughed and laughed, I tried to get the CM to pronounce it correctly but was fighting a losing battle.

It was a lovely resort, but one night in one room with my family was plenty :scared1: , I think I will stick to my two weeks in a 4 bed villa.

Kirsten

Do you think the Poly room would fit 5 comfortably (3 adults and 2 kids-10 & 5)? We're looking at CR or Poly for the next trip in January.

IMG_4996.jpg

Your view is priceless! I dream of getting a view like this! By the way, loving your trip report. I've thought about doing a TR, but haven't ever actually done one. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter