This Trip Report is Useless Without Pictures. Update 8/20: Day 2 in the Magic Kingdom

I'm enjoying reading your TR, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your first day in the Magic Kingdom, I love rope drop & try to see it at least once every trip.

Discovered your trip report tonight and am very much enjoying following along! Plus, I already had LOST on in the background when I started reading (because I am only slightly obsessed), so it just felt right. ;)

Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the next installment!

Which episode were you watching? The Variable is my favorite (the Daniel Faraday-centric episode). Best show ever.

Ok, Breaking Bad might actually be a better show. But LOST will always have my heart. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Loving it!!! 24 more days for us!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

You are getting so close!! :cheer2:

Love the club pics thk you..yummy good selection.

The lighting ceremony is great..yummy diner.
What a wonderful view wow..mega pixi dust there for sure.

Great so far, funny ..love your style ;)

Thank you!! Yes, the pixie dust was all over the place at the Poly. It was awesome!
Can't wait to see your first day in MK! Your TR is so informative, fun, & entertaining! Loving see Disney through your family's eyes.

Oh, thank you! It makes me so happy to know that people find my TR helpful. I love to read them and get ideas, so I hope others do the same from mine. :)

Great pics! :)

Thanks!! :)

Joining in - loving the report so far. Nice to see a report with no saracsm in it whatsoever ;)

Thoguh, given all the Arrested Development love, surprised to didn't refer to either your switch to the Poly or the surprise upgrade as "anustart"

Welcome!

Hey now--I was planning on using ANUSTART when we switched to AKL. :rotfl:

And you know, the older I get, the more I have realized that pretty much everything I say is coated in sarcasm.

Except that. That was pretty straightforward.

Joining in. Loving your report so far.

Thank you!!

I'm subbing! I can't wait to hear about your family's FUN time at Disney! I can sympathize with the kidney stones....my hubby gets them and they are NO FUN!

I'm so sorry for your husband! They seem to be just terrible. We are hoping they don't recur...fingers crossed.

Thanks for joining in!

I'm subbing!!!! I haven't even read a post yet but I saw Poly pics and it got me excited!! I'll be there in 111 days!!!! :) I'll get caught up after work! Sadly, my lunch break is over. :(

Hi, and welcome! Woohoo!! it'll be here before you know it!! :cheer2:

Hi! Love the report and all caught up so far. Can't wait to see more "craptastic" photos! I love them!!

You are in luck...there are many, many more craptastic photos to be seen. :rotfl:

Thanks for stopping by!

Reading along, we stayed one night at the poly on our last trip (we were off site for the rest but thought we would have a treat for our last night)

We were in the Aotearoa building (This is the Maori name for New Zealand, which is where I am from.) Oh my goodness you have never heard such a butchering of the pronunciation of it we just laughed and laughed, I tried to get the CM to pronounce it correctly but was fighting a losing battle.

It was a lovely resort, but one night in one room with my family was plenty :scared1: , I think I will stick to my two weeks in a 4 bed villa.

Kirsten
Hi! Oh, you're from New Zealand! Awesome--I have always wanted to visit. It looks SO beautiful there. My colleague's daughter lives over there now, though she's moving back here in the fall, and she has been over to visit her several times over the past few years. Her pictures and stories are just amazing.

I have to say, I am not surprised at all that people would butcher the word "Aotearoa," considering the mess that people do to less complicated words like realtor, jewelry, and chipotle ;)

Do you think the Poly room would fit 5 comfortably (3 adults and 2 kids-10 & 5)? We're looking at CR or Poly for the next trip in January.

Hi!

I do think you would be ok w/3 adults and two kids in a Poly room. The rooms are among the largest on property (excluding DVC villas). There are two queen sized beds, a daybed, and a chaise. As two adults and two kids, we didn't feel cramped in there at all.

IMG_4996.jpg

Your view is priceless! I dream of getting a view like this! By the way, loving your trip report. I've thought about doing a TR, but haven't ever actually done one. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! You should do one--they are so much fun. :)
I'm enjoying reading your TR, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your first day in the Magic Kingdom, I love rope drop & try to see it at least once every trip.
Thank you for joining in! Yes, you can get so much done if you hit rope drop. Trying to convince my family to get moving, though, is often a challenge. :rotfl2:

Which episode were you watching? The Variable is my favorite (the Daniel Faraday-centric episode). Best show ever.

Ok, Breaking Bad might actually be a better show. But LOST will always have my heart. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

I was watching Live Together, Die Alone (season 2 finale). I don't know that I could pick a favorite ep - just love the whole dang thing so much. Anything Sayid and I'm good... But yes, Breaking Bad is the only show that has rivaled LOST for me. I am addicted and cannot wait for this weekend's episode. You have good taste in TV. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your next installment!

I was watching Live Together, Die Alone (season 2 finale). I don't know that I could pick a favorite ep - just love the whole dang thing so much. Anything Sayid and I'm good... But yes, Breaking Bad is the only show that has rivaled LOST for me. I am addicted and cannot wait for this weekend's episode. You have good taste in TV. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your next installment!
Yes, while the Variable is my favorite (though the whole thing breaks my heart) so many are so good. The Constant...amazing. I love Desmond.

You have good taste in shows as well. :thumbsup2

tumblr_mdlq2rl3Up1qanpgno1_250.gif

TR Slacker here. All I can say is, I started watching the BBC's Sherlock and I got sidetracked.

tumblr_mrelrnDVT41sqpuqto1_500.gif

Can't imagine why.

Day 2

So, here we are on Day 2. Our first full day in the parks. Since we hit the sack relatively early (for Disney, anyway) I set the alarm for about 6:30. We skipped the lounge for breakfast, and instead without my knowing--Tim went down to Capt. Cooks to pick up some breakfast for me.

IMG_5123.jpg

Your eyes are not deceiving you. That is the extra special deliciousness one can only find at the Poly--Tonga Toast.

So yeah, it was pretty sweet. But it was also delicious. Highly recommend.

Liam got a Mickey waffle
IMG_5124.jpg

though he didn't eat much, since he was still feeling off from jet lag. Poor kid. It took him much of the day to feel 100% again. I really am glad I figured out what it was, though.

IMG_5125.jpg

I'm not sure what Quinn had. Probably three bites of his own Mickey waffle. Kid doesn't eat.

I doubt anyone will protest a few morning shots over the lake. Yes?

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

Seriously, posting those almost makes me want to cry. So relaxing. Aaaaahhhh.

tumblr_inline_mp3250JTcE1qz4rgp.gif

Anyway, after we finish eating, do all our morning stuff, get all sunscreened up, we head over to the monorail because today we are going to hit the Magic Kingdom!

Even though the MK isn't my very favorite park (that honor goes to Epcot), there is just something about hitting MK on your first day. I guess out of all of the parks, something about the MK just embodies the spirit of Disney. I love to start our trips this way.

IMG_5132.jpg

See&more hugs. Day 2 and the kid already cannot keep his hands off others. Oof.

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

So this was the first time wed stayed at a monorail resort and let me just say here that It.was.awesome. I know its not uncommon for the monorail to go down, or have issues, or whatever, but we didn't experience any of that. Ill just say up front that our monorail luck was spot on. We hit the four leaf clover of monorail operation. We barely waited (anytime), we pretty much always had a seat (hint--don't just go in to the first car in front of you; go all the way to the right or left and the cars are usually empty). I thought the extra cash it cost to stay on the monorail was totally worth it.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19430-1340816698-10_preview.gif

Here we go!

IMG_5137.jpg

So, even though we did well this morning, we missed the rope drop show. I was only a tiny bit bummed--we've seen it before, and while its a super fun way to start the day, its not a huge thing for me. When all was said and done, we did pretty well getting to the park (for us, anyway). Note the time on the clock on Main Street:
IMG_5138.jpg

Ducks are everywhere at Disney. Pixie ducks. Ha ha ha, get it?

IMG_5139.jpg

Our first stop: New Fantasyland!
IMG_5140.jpg

past Beasts Castle (amazingly cool--we'll be back here later, don't you fret)

IMG_5141.jpg

(continued)

...to Ariel, which I wanted to ride and so I forced everyone to go on with me.
IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

So--Ariel. Yeah. It was cute. I'm glad we did it (and with no wait). But no one asked to ride it again during the trip. Of course, I am greatly outnumbered by non princess loving males, so that may play a part.

Next up: Storybook Circus.

IMG_5146.jpg

Quinn wants to ride the Barnstormer.

This from the kid who, last year, would not ride POTC because of the drop. And now he says hes ready to try Barnstormer. We had watched Youtube videos and I guess he decided he was ready.

So, props to him for trying, but all I can say is

tumblr_li6g18KtQV1qh01r8o1_400.gif

as he again refused to ride anything slightly scary.

And let the record show I did NOT force him on. It was his idea.

Oh well.

It wasn't even 9:30 at this point. I'm high fiving myself all over the place that we are KILLING our touring plan. Liam and I go off to ride Space standby. I have no good pictures. Space isn't my favorite ride, but Liam (despite feeling off) enjoys it as always. I do seem to recall saying a lot of things like Ow! and Dang! and Oof! as I get slammed around.

Is this what getting old is like?

After Space, we meet up with Tim and Quinn, who are rocking the low crowds at

The People Mover.

IMG_5152.jpg

There's nothing like hightailing it to a ride at park opening that has a thirty second wait on Christmas Day, but ones choices are limited when one is scared of 90+% of the rides in the park.

But I will tell you that last year, even the People Mover scared Quinn, as he didn't even like going through Space Mountain. So I'm viewing this as progress, people.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

IMG_5153.jpg

Liam and I then make our way over to Frontierland to grab FPs for Splash and BTMRR.
IMG_5155.jpg

Even though Liam has ridden Splash a ton of times, he is apprehensive this year. Maybe its his stomach bugging him; maybe he is just not feeling it. We grab the FPs and I tell him he can decide what he wants to do when the time comes to ride.

While we wait, I get him a soda at Pecos Bills and we relax.
IMG_5159.jpg

Hey, no way. More ducks.

IMG_5160.jpg

And a squirrel. Liam loves the squirrel, because we don't see many of them here in the desert.

IMG_5162.jpg

More later, my chickadees. These kids just wont put themselves to bed, despite my nagging. And Benedict Cumberbatch is calling my name. Hopefully Ill get another installment up soon. Don't give up on me!

I am enjoying your trip report!

I too am a fan of the British Sherlock show. I can't wait for more to be released!

Loving your writing style and your 1000 pictures! We leave in 26 days for Fort Wilderness and I plan to wear out my camera. Now to figure out all the settings on the darn thing. I don't want to be THAT guest who uses a flash in the dark rides!! Can't wait for more!

Hi! Just found your TR, you are just so funny will be catching up soon. Love your pictures.:)

I don't know how I missed an update, but I'm caught up and loved it! I was thinking as I was reading how different it is with girls... We of course went straight for Enchanted Tales with Bell, Little Mermaid, and met Ariel at rope drop. :rotfl: I with that someone had not asked to to one of these things quite so many times...

I hope that the rides weren't all scary this time!

Oh, and BTW? I was always a Boone girl myself. Broke my heart into a million pieces when he died, and I may or may not have cried out in joy when he was on the finale...

I just want to say that I feel for Quinn. I was that EXACT way when I was a kid, plus I was the middle child so my older and little sister always made fun of me. I kid you not, I didn't get over my fear of Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror until I was 18... :scared1: What I always did was I'd psych myself out. When I rode the rides I really enjoyed them! But, firstly I didn't want to admit that and secondly, whenever it came time to ride again I'd just tell myself how terrible it was. The rides I especially had problems with were in the dark and had drops. Heck, I was even terrified of It's a Small World when I was very little because it was in the water and the dark... *face palm*. POTC is my dad's favorite ride and I made him cry one year because I threw a fit and didn't want to ride it... LOL. What I ended up having to do was force myself to ride the ride over and over and over again in a row so I'd get over my fear of it and learn to see it as a fun time! It was easier when I went with my DH when we were dating because my family wasn't around to taunt me, lol. Luckily, my mom didn't pressure me (much) but even being the ultimate daddy's girl he gave me trouble as well. The only "big" ride I rode with no trouble was Thunder Mountain and that was my very first roller coaster at 3 years old. It was that and the carousel and I was a happy girl.

But, I can happily say that at 24 I now have NO fears of any of the rides. :hyper: Hopefully, it doesn't last that long for Quinn though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter