Things that gross you out in WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These gross-outs are not Disney specific, they're disgusting everywhere!

Public bathroom sinks with hairs sitting on the counter in a puddle of water. (If I'm somewhere and I see this and it's the only sink I leave the bathroom and use purell instead)

Hairs on the floor/ground at a pool/hot tub area or shower/tub. *gag*

The water areas like the (old) Pooh playground and the fountains in the ground where kids splash around in... I do NOT let my kids walk barefoot in them, they put on flip flops. Aside from fungus, there are likely hairs on the ground too. (dd doesn't walk to the YMCA pool from the locker room barefoot for this reason, she wears flip flops)

Sensing a theme here??? I HATE hairs and even when I wash my own hair and inevitably one or two strands are stuck on my fingers it grosses me out big time! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Disney-specific:

Turkey Legs - I've never eaten one, so I don't know if they are tasty or not (they probably are!) but what grosses me out is when people walk around gnawing on them like they would a mickey head ice cream!! Dudes, pull up a bench and eat it there! :rolleyes:

"The" monorail funk - You either know the smell I'm talking about, or you don't. Apparently some people just don't smell it :confused3

Handrails of any kind - I avoid touching them at all costs, and if I do touch one I try to not touch my face until I've purelled or washed my hands. I taught the kids the same thing. Years of riding the subway to and from work has taught me how nasty handrails really are... Handrails are one of the germiest surfaces - even moreso than a toilet stall handle!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't a hairdresser.?

Breast feeding doesn't bother me, in fact I encourage all women to just whip 'em out when needed! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, the ones that do are seldom the 22 year old hotties, it seems only the 40+ overweight crowd want to show the goods, er, I mean, feed little Johny while in line for TOT.

Just kidding about the above. Seriously, covered up with a blanket or towel I have no problem with and understand the need. While it may gross some out, it is a part of life and shouldn't be a problem. Now to nurse with no towel or cover is crossing the line in my opinion. It makes a very awkward situation for those with young children. Yes, you could explain it to them (they will definitely ask). Yes, it is legal under the law (still doesn't make it right). But seriously, do you have to show the world the whole show? Is it so hard to put a burping cloth over those puppies?

The bright side is, in all my trips to the World, only twice have I seen the whole show (and neither one was a hottie :mad:), the other dozen or so women I have seen nursing were covered, couldn't see a thing, they kept it classy, the kids didn't notice or ask, no scene was made, and there was no effect on mine and others' vacations. That is how it should be.

I was in the kiddie pool one time with my daughter and there was another lady in the pool with her ta-ta hanging out. She didn't realize it and I just took my daughter back over to the other pool. I didn't want to be the creep that came up and said " Excuse me miss but I think your **** is hanging out"
Made this married man really uncomfortable.

People eating in the restroom! I can't tell you how many times I have been in the restroom and someone is eating icecream or popcorn. It just gives me the creeps. People think about what others are doing in the near vacinity! Eww.

Dang it, I am on vacation! Where else am I supposed to eat my zebra-cake and use the....

Nevermind.

I agree, that is gross. :scared:

I was in the kiddie pool one time with my daughter and there was another lady in the pool with her ta-ta hanging out. She didn't realize it and I just took my daughter back over to the other pool. I didn't want to be the creep that came up and said " Excuse me miss but I think your **** is hanging out"

Just one? How can you not realize it? She didn't feel a breeze? That is hilarious. I wonder what your daughter thought about the whole thing. And I haven't heard the word "ta-ta" in ages! :rotfl:

oh yeah and the grossest thing that I ever had happen to me was on our last trip. I was on EE and I thought some idiot had spit while we were riding the coaster.... then I realized the guy in front of me wasn't spitting. He didn't feel to good and he made sure to share with the people behind him. Of course, when I realized what he was doing I started gagging.
I hadn't planned on riding Kali that day but my plans changed...I rode it....twice.

And this grossed you out how? Just kidding.

I can see the dilema, I would have probably said something to her while looking in another direction, but I would have felt odd about the whole situation. :confused3

You got that right, my friend!! It's legit borderline ocd, actually. . . it's almost paralyzing to me to see this stuff!

Chewbacca must be your living nightmare.

On subject,
My wife would say Dolewhips
I'd have to say over expanding spandex...

Toes! I can't stand looking at people's toes. Some are really gross!! (And this is anywhere, even on tv.)

The weird thing is that even though I hate them and try not to look, there's like this magnetic pull drawing my eyes downward and toward that nastiness. Ugh! I can't help myself sometimes.

:rotfl: That is why I wear tank type bra while in pool ans esp. in water parks.

Breast feeding doesn't bother me, in fact I encourage all women to just whip 'em out when needed! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, the ones that do are seldom the 22 year old hotties, it seems only the 40+ overweight crowd want to show the goods, er, I mean, feed little Johny while in line for TOT.

Just kidding about the above. Seriously, covered up with a blanket or towel I have no problem with and understand the need. While it may gross some out, it is a part of life and shouldn't be a problem. Now to nurse with no towel or cover is crossing the line in my opinion. It makes a very awkward situation for those with young children. Yes, you could explain it to them (they will definitely ask). Yes, it is legal under the law (still doesn't make it right). But seriously, do you have to show the world the whole show? Is it so hard to put a burping cloth over those puppies?

The bright side is, in all my trips to the World, only twice have I seen the whole show (and neither one was a hottie :mad:), the other dozen or so women I have seen nursing were covered, couldn't see a thing, they kept it classy, the kids didn't notice or ask, no scene was made, and there was no effect on mine and others' vacations. That is how it should be.

If a young child asks "hey, what is that lady doing?" you simply say "feeding a baby." It's not like seeing a couple having s*x in public. That is the whole problem, people (mostly men) see it was something s*xual and it isn't. It's not like seeing an ADULT hanging on someone's chest!
I must admit, I am not hot in the least, just a regular mom who loves her kids and did what was best in feeding them (and they are all healthy and smart BIG kids now BTW!) And, I had my last at 35, not too many 40 somethings are feeding tiny babies.

I'd have to agree with you on the whole hair thing!!
Totally grosses me out even at home!!
I can't stand when I'm in one of the hotel swimming pools and find some long hair that has wrapped itself around some part of me. I totally have to get out of the pool!!

These gross-outs are not Disney specific, they're disgusting everywhere!

Public bathroom sinks with hairs sitting on the counter in a puddle of water. (If I'm somewhere and I see this and it's the only sink I leave the bathroom and use purell instead)

Hairs on the floor/ground at a pool/hot tub area or shower/tub. *gag*

The water areas like the (old) Pooh playground and the fountains in the ground where kids splash around in... I do NOT let my kids walk barefoot in them, they put on flip flops. Aside from fungus, there are likely hairs on the ground too. (dd doesn't walk to the YMCA pool from the locker room barefoot for this reason, she wears flip flops)

Sensing a theme here??? I HATE hairs and even when I wash my own hair and inevitably one or two strands are stuck on my fingers it grosses me out big time! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Disney-specific:

Turkey Legs - I've never eaten one, so I don't know if they are tasty or not (they probably are!) but what grosses me out is when people walk around gnawing on them like they would a mickey head ice cream!! Dudes, pull up a bench and eat it there! :rolleyes:

"The" monorail funk - You either know the smell I'm talking about, or you don't. Apparently some people just don't smell it :confused3

Handrails of any kind - I avoid touching them at all costs, and if I do touch one I try to not touch my face until I've purelled or washed my hands. I taught the kids the same thing. Years of riding the subway to and from work has taught me how nasty handrails really are... Handrails are one of the germiest surfaces - even moreso than a toilet stall handle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter