These Kids Make Me Wish You Could Curse on the DISBoards (May '11 Trip) - DONE 9/14

Ok, that's it for real. I had so much fun writing this trip report. Thanks for being there with me.

- nilla

:lovestruc

I'm sad the report is over :sad1:, but am grateful that you shared your family's trip with all of us. It was fun to read and often a great way to start my day. When you started, our trip seemed so far away and here we are about a week away. :yay:

Thanks again for all the fun, pictures and advice. Look forward to next year's report!

mimiecp :goodvibes

I'm coming out of lurkdom! I must admit I loved your TR! :thumbsup2 I love your writing style and humor! Your family so reminds me of ours when our kids were younger! Thanks for sharing your amazing adventures. Can't wait to read the next TR! Are you doing a PTR??

I'll definitely be looking for next year's TR. I haven't laughed so much in a loooong time. As for pulling Dylan out of school, try the earlier in the school year thing...then it's before they start so much work towards the standardized testing :thumbsup2 . JMO, of course; our daughter's only in 4th grade, so what do I know?

Have fun booking those ADR's in a few months! I'm sure you'll make some great decisions!

Great TR! I was one of the lurkers! But, I'm showing myself now. I look forward to next years report!

Jon, I am glad you finished before we leave for our trip (it will be so hard to keep caught up while gone...even having my laptop with me).

I love your "top ten lists" and your favorite parks (I would rank them in the exact order you have them).

I am being completely honest with you when I say that in ALL of the trip reports that I have read, yours is the most entertaining one I have ever read. Although I love many of them, your just captures me each and eery time.

As for your "proposed ADR's" for next year, here are my thoughts (I'm going with breakfast and dinner since you don't indicate which meal you are going for):

Kona Cafe -- we've never done, but we are doing breakfast this year and cannot wait; I've read GREAT things about dinner too

Ohana -- Never done either; we prefer "buffets" for breakfast and this is family style; dinner here gets mixed reviews.

Biergarten -- well I don't think I have to say anything about this since it is YOUR favorite.

La Hacienda -- I don't eat Mexican food so I can't comment

Cape May Clambake -- LOVE this place; lots of choices and good food (and the ONLY buffet that we'll do for dinner at Disney)

Maya Grille -- we only did breakfast once and it was still a buffet; I've read the breakfast is very good; we've never done dinner -- it gets a really mixed bag of reviews

Akershus Storybook Dinner -- we did lunch; it was okay, but nothing overwhelming

Have you thought of Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom for breakfast? You could get that really early ADR for 8:05 a.m. and have Main Street almost to yourself. We also really enjoy Yak & Yeti at the Animal Kingdom, and the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom.

Thanks again for your wonderful TR.

:rotfl2::worship::rotfl2::worship: Holy crap!!!!! You really know how to go our on a bang, don't you?????

I am so impressed with your extensive lists AND, even better, the family averages. I didn't know you were working all those stats on the side.

I love all your picks and I am sort of stumped for recommending something for next year. I would love to see you and Kristin get a couple's dinner one of these days. I think there are many signatures that you would love.

How about Sanaa or Boma for next year? I think you have eaten at Jiko, but I don't know if you have eaten at any of these. Both really good, IMHO.

I'm glad you have one more year that you can take Dylan out of school, because after that you are a slave to the school schedule and if your kids play high school sports, you are even more of a slave. So enjoy next years trip.

However - if you are in a school district which starts after Labor Day (which most of the PA schools dont, although they sure did when I was growing up), the last week of August can be a pretty darn good week for a Disney vacation. Believe me, I have had many years of experience working the school calendar to arrange va-kay!

Wonderful TR and I will be back to see the pics!

Oh - I agree with Kathy - CP is such a wonderful meal and experience. and I love the plaza which makes a great OOP meal. I also love LTT for lunch!

Wow, that's a lot of...circus peanuts. Who actually buys circus peanuts? Honestly? That's like asking who still buys Tab.

OK I was waiting to comment till the end but......... my DS LOVES circus peanuts he is 6 going on 85. We make fun of him for being so 'old' all the time. He takes it well, but I hear most old people tend to be pretty chilled and laid back anyway by that age :goodvibes But along w/ our stash of circus peanuts we snatched from an old folks home (kidding, just kidding) I buy Tab all the time when I can get ahold of it. It is my name after all (although I was a decade or two after it and technically named after a woman in the Bible).
People (ok the 30 and over set) get a big kick out of it when I walk in with a can of it to work.

Looks like I tuned in at the perfect time your TR has given me something to do at work all week, I get off in 5 minutes for my weekend. :banana: I loved the report and your affection (and 6 gazillion pictures) for CSR really made me miss it and want to go back but we are at CBR next week so I'll just have to live with that.

Enjoyed all the update and pictures, I think next week for my final week coutdown at work I'll tune in to the 2010 report.

:happytv: Took many days, but I have finally read, end to end, the exciting journey.....Thank you so much..makes my countdown even more exciting.

Here is a tip...Wolfgang Puck, the main restaurant, not, I repeat NOT>..express....is one of the best meals that you will ever have..During my 10 day trip last year (with my 16 y.o.daughter and 21 y.o. niece (her 1st ever visit) we took the plunge. We were there on an early Friday afternoon and sat in the bar at one of the bistro tables..the service was excellent, our meal was delivered by the chef, and drinks were even better...Give it a go, you will not be disappointed! If you are, send me the bill and I will reimburse you.....:woohoo:

We LOVED the Cape May Clambake. What meal will you do at Akershus? I'll try it again--for breakfast. Dinner was just not that good IMO. I think 1900 is a fun character interaction at dinner, but the food is so-so. We're eager to try Via Napoli and Ohana.

Quite sad it's over. Can't wait until your next TR!:thumbsup2

Went back and looked at your pictures this am! Emily looks like she is going to be swallowed up by her backpack in the airport!!!! :rotfl: Last day airport pics are so sad!

Just finished reading your TR at work this morning (don't tell my boss!). I'd like to second the recomendation for Crystal Palace before park opening. We did this the first time a couple weeks ago and it was AMAZING. Park was empty, restaraunt was great, staff very friendly and the food was perhaps the best breakfast buffet I've ever had, very yummy. And much to my surprise, DS7 enjoy the Pooh characters I thought he'd be too "old" for! I also recomend Via Napoli in Italy. We liked this palce a lot and it was another first try for us this year. I love any place that serves bread with dippng sauce though...

Great TR, I will now go back and read last year's TR just to waste more time at work and to satisfy my sorrow that my trip is over and we won't be going back until 2015... :guilty:

I just finished reading your TR. It was great! We were also at WDW in May...(the 1st - 10th). It was so fun looking at your pictures. It reminded us of our trip. We already have a 2nd trip planned. This time we are staying two extra days. Can't wait! :cool1:

I'm with you on the LGMH idea. I'll PM you about that. TR was awesome!!! Very enjoyable and a fun way to pass sometimes boring times.:worship:

Thanks for a great TR!!! Your humor as well as your objective (and admittedly subjective) views of the World were entertaining and helped settle my yearning to return!

Can't wait until next years report!!!

So sorry to see this TR come to a close for another year. I have really enjoyed traveling along with you and your family. :goodvibes And already looking forward to next year's report! :thumbsup2

Love the wrap up and the stats. :thumbsup2

As for dining.... (because it's really ALL about the food, right??)

Really think you will enjoy La Hacienda. ::yes::

Another vote for the Plaza... so good!

You guys enjoy Biergarten so much I wonder if you'd want to try the "Irish version" in Raglan Road at Downtown Disney?

Italy... I :lovestruc Via Napoli and think the pizza is delish. Also believe that Tutto is being refurbed for the first part of the year and reopening in April-ish so might be cool to be among the first to dine in whatever the redesigned space is. :confused3

Not up on my Fantasyland refurb news (bad DIS'er!) but when are the new MK restaurants opening? Would certainly be cool to try that!

Those are all the suggestions I can think of for now. Thank you SO much for sharing your trip with us. I have had a blast following along! :goodvibes

So sad to see the end of your trip and TR. That last day is awful! Emily really gets it right with her little sad pouty face on the ME bus!

I had to LOL at your "Watch the Tram Car please" Reference! I haven't been to Wildwood in years (went all the time as a kid) but that is one of the things I remember most.

The CSR is really a beautiful resort, I would like to stay there sometime but I have an irrational fear that we will end up in the Ranchos section and that theme doesn't really appeal to me. The other 2 sections are pretty though...

As far as the restaurant rec's next trip (prob not till 2014 though :sad1: ) we do plan to try ALL new ones. Some of the ones on my list are: either one in Mexico, Boma, Crystal Palace and/or 1900 Park Faire, O'Hana or Kona Cafe, Yak and Yeti and a few others I can't think of now.

I'm sad the report is over :sad1:, but am grateful that you shared your family's trip with all of us. It was fun to read and often a great way to start my day. When you started, our trip seemed so far away and here we are about a week away. :yay:

Awesome! Have a great time (like I have to tell you that)!

I'm coming out of lurkdom! I must admit I loved your TR! :thumbsup2 I love your writing style and humor! Your family so reminds me of ours when our kids were younger! Thanks for sharing your amazing adventures. Can't wait to read the next TR! Are you doing a PTR??

I don't really do PTRs because I don't have enough material for them. If I can justify one, I'll do it. Thanks for reading!

Have fun booking those ADR's in a few months! I'm sure you'll make some great decisions!

More on that at the bottom of this post.

Great TR! I was one of the lurkers! But, I'm showing myself now. I look forward to next years report!

I love pulling lurkers out of hiding!

I am being completely honest with you when I say that in ALL of the trip reports that I have read, yours is the most entertaining one I have ever read. Although I love many of them, your just captures me each and eery time.

Wow, that means a lot. Thank you so much! Especially since you turned us on to CSR in the first place! I can't thank you enough for that :)

Have you thought of Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom for breakfast? You could get that really early ADR for 8:05 a.m. and have Main Street almost to yourself. We also really enjoy Yak & Yeti at the Animal Kingdom, and the Plaza at the Magic Kingdom.

We don't do breakfasts (muffins and cereal bars for this family, but we're definitely open to Crystal Palace for dinner. We discussed this again over Pumpkin Ales and Apricot Coriander beers at the Bethlehem Brew Works ;)

I would love to see you and Kristin get a couple's dinner one of these days. I think there are many signatures that you would love.

We think if the time comes when we do that, it'll be Victoria and Albert's. Why settle? :)

Oh - I agree with Kathy - CP is such a wonderful meal and experience. and I love the plaza which makes a great OOP meal. I also love LTT for lunch!

We're pretty forumlaic - breakfast in the room, quick service for lunch, full service for dinner.

OK I was waiting to comment till the end but......... my DS LOVES circus peanuts he is 6 going on 85. We make fun of him for being so 'old' all the time. He takes it well, but I hear most old people tend to be pretty chilled and laid back anyway by that age :goodvibes But along w/ our stash of circus peanuts we snatched from an old folks home (kidding, just kidding) I buy Tab all the time when I can get ahold of it. It is my name after all (although I was a decade or two after it and technically named after a woman in the Bible).
People (ok the 30 and over set) get a big kick out of it when I walk in with a can of it to work.

I guess I can't talk, because I LOVE Goldenberg's peanut chews. And clove gum. And teaberry gum. I guess we all have our outdated guilty pleasures!

Enjoyed all the update and pictures, I think next week for my final week coutdown at work I'll tune in to the 2010 report.

Sounds like a great way to spend that last week ;)

Here is a tip...Wolfgang Puck, the main restaurant, not, I repeat NOT>..express....is one of the best meals that you will ever have..During my 10 day trip last year (with my 16 y.o.daughter and 21 y.o. niece (her 1st ever visit) we took the plunge. We were there on an early Friday afternoon and sat in the bar at one of the bistro tables..the service was excellent, our meal was delivered by the chef, and drinks were even better...Give it a go, you will not be disappointed! If you are, send me the bill and I will reimburse you.....:woohoo:

Hmmmm...sounds interesting, and we could end up doing that at some point.

We LOVED the Cape May Clambake. What meal will you do at Akershus? I'll try it again--for breakfast. Dinner was just not that good IMO. I think 1900 is a fun character interaction at dinner, but the food is so-so.

We've done 1900, and I agree. Hard to put down a place that offers Suzy and Perla, though!

We're doing Akershus for dinner. I enjoyed it both times we ate there, which is saying something because the first time was the first meal I actually ate following the Great Stomach Virus of 2009. Dylan's excited too, because he wants to order the Kjottkake. Not to eat it, mind you, but to say it :)

Went back and looked at your pictures this am! Emily looks like she is going to be swallowed up by her backpack in the airport!!!! :rotfl: Last day airport pics are so sad!

It's kind of like, "ok, let's get this over with". And yes, she IS hauling a lot!

I also recomend Via Napoli in Italy. We liked this palce a lot and it was another first try for us this year. I love any place that serves bread with dippng sauce though...

Sounds interesting. We'll keep it in mid.

Great TR, I will now go back and read last year's TR just to waste more time at work and to satisfy my sorrow that my trip is over and we won't be going back until 2015... :guilty:

Ok, never say never - um, I mean, 2015! YOU NEVER KNOW.

I just finished reading your TR. It was great! We were also at WDW in May...(the 1st - 10th). It was so fun looking at your pictures. It reminded us of our trip. We already have a 2nd trip planned. This time we are staying two extra days. Can't wait! :cool1:

Did you see yourself in any of the pics? I know I look for myself in other TRs, but so far, no luck :)

I'm with you on the LGMH idea. I'll PM you about that. TR was awesome!!! Very enjoyable and a fun way to pass sometimes boring times.:worship:

Thanks! The LGMHs are ready for a comeback. I can sense it.

Thanks for a great TR!!! Your humor as well as your objective (and admittedly subjective) views of the World were entertaining and helped settle my yearning to return!

Can't wait until next years report!!!

Thanks! I can't wait to write it. Especially since it means I will have gone back to the WDW.

You guys enjoy Biergarten so much I wonder if you'd want to try the "Irish version" in Raglan Road at Downtown Disney?

Italy... I :lovestruc Via Napoli and think the pizza is delish. Also believe that Tutto is being refurbed for the first part of the year and reopening in April-ish so might be cool to be among the first to dine in whatever the redesigned space is. :confused3

Raglan Road DOES look fun, so we may end up there at some point. I think we may be skipping DTD next year, unless we finally see La Nouba.

Not up on my Fantasyland refurb news (bad DIS'er!) but when are the new MK restaurants opening? Would certainly be cool to try that!

We are friends with a Disney employee, and Kristin pressed him hard for the info. No luck - he wasn't giving up any info :([/QUOTE]

I had to LOL at your "Watch the Tram Car please" Reference! I haven't been to Wildwood in years (went all the time as a kid) but that is one of the things I remember most.

It become burned into your memory!

As far as the restaurant rec's next trip (prob not till 2014 though :sad1: ) we do plan to try ALL new ones. Some of the ones on my list are: either one in Mexico, Boma, Crystal Palace and/or 1900 Park Faire, O'Hana or Kona Cafe, Yak and Yeti and a few others I can't think of now.

Those all sound good! I liked Yak & Yeti; Kristin, not so much. I'd love to try all new ones, too, but don't know how I'd skip the old favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter