There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a very brief tour of the temporary Concierge Lounge, set up in the Presidential Suite while renovations and expansion of the lounge is being done.

Snapped a few pictures, but I didn't want to disturb the people who were in there.

I didn't get a closeup of the snacks- homemade chips and dip, cookies, etc.

The future lounge, under renovation, is behind this construction wall.

On Monday, Teena was once again given the Presidential Award for all of her volunteer work at Jeanne's school.

Way to Go, Teena!

I wish I had known about it so I could have been there during the presentation ceremony. One year, a DISer happened to be in the lobby when Teena received the award and he took pictures and posted them for us.

:goodvibes

I had a case of water, an 8 pack of the small bottles of coke zero, hand soap, and some boxes of crackers and other snacks delivered through prime pantry last week. It was $10 to have it brought to the room, and they put it on the room folio. That does not include gratuity. Hope that helps you price it out! I think you can also go pick it up yourself from the convention's business center, but I am not sure what the cost would be.

I thought I had found online that Amazon Pantry delivers through USPS, so it wouldn't be sent to the convention center? Was hoping to avoid that extra fee, but oh well!

Loving all the reports here! We leave Portofino Bay and check into YC today and I am sooooo excited! :cool1: It will be our first stay! Sorry we missed the dis meet, I would have loved to put a face to some of the names here!

:offtopic:

Anyone there now using Memory Maker? How does it compare for you to Photopass?

Good Morning Dee... Glad you're home safe & sound!

We are using the memory maker & here's what we like:
No need to all have cards should we decide to split up and take pics...all you need is your magic band.

Rides with the photos:
With the old photopass, once you exited the ride and viewed your photo, you'd take the number down, give it to the CM & they'd scan your photopass card so your pic would get uploaded. You now don't have to do any of that. Once you scan your band upon entering a ride with a photo op, your photo will automatically get uploaded to the band.

Dee,
Thank you so much for the photos of the lounge! You go, girl!;) Can't wait to see it in person, and I especially can't wait to see what the renovated lounge looks like....heading back in March for our last lacrosse tournament, so will have to wait until then. Is that picture of the construction wall to the left when you step off the elevator? Wondering where they are getting the extra room from.

I am loving all of the reports of everyone who is there now...it is getting me super excited as we leave FRIDAY!! I am all packed and ready to go...now if the kids would only get their stuff together:rolleyes2

Congrats to TEENA on her award! :cool1:

Staying at the Beach CLub Villas with renting points. Trying to find information regarding the coffee maker in a studio. (so much conflicting information is out there too) some say pods-- some say filter and grounds.

then seeing information from 2013 might not be what it is now.

Please help- i need that coffee as I set my feet on the floor.

Good Morning Dee... Glad you're home safe & sound!

We are using the memory maker & here's what we like:
No need to all have cards should we decide to split up and take pics...all you need is your magic band.

Rides with the photos:
With the old photopass, once you exited the ride and viewed your photo, you'd take the number down, give it to the CM & they'd scan your photopass card so your pic would get uploaded. You now don't have to do any of that. Once you scan your band upon entering a ride with a photo op, your photo will automatically get uploaded to the band.

Thanks for your reply!

Loved meeting you and your daughter. What a great time.

Sending you an email.

:goodvibes

Dee,
Thank you so much for the photos of the lounge! You go, girl!;) Can't wait to see it in person, and I especially can't wait to see what the renovated lounge looks like....heading back in March for our last lacrosse tournament, so will have to wait until then. Is that picture of the construction wall to the left when you step off the elevator? Wondering where they are getting the extra room from.

I am loving all of the reports of everyone who is there now...it is getting me super excited as we leave FRIDAY!! I am all packed and ready to go...now if the kids would only get their stuff together:rolleyes2

Congrats to TEENA on her award! :cool1:

I think that wall is right around where the former entrance to the lounge was, but not positive.

They are taking on or two rooms to expand the lounge, I think.

:thumbsup2

Staying at the Beach CLub Villas with renting points. Trying to find information regarding the coffee maker in a studio. (so much conflicting information is out there too) some say pods-- some say filter and grounds.

then seeing information from 2013 might not be what it is now.

Please help- i need that coffee as I set my feet on the floor.

:welcome:

When is your stay? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

I can TOTALLY appreciate your question. My first question on this board was about coffee.

I believe the studios have 4 cup Mr. Coffee style makers and the 1 BR and 2 BR have 10 cup Mr. Coffee makers. So filters and grounds.

Here is the post from the Other Useful Info Post (Post 14) on Page 1:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

:coffee:

Good Morning~

We will be checking in at the YC in 3 days and I've been hearing about some long wait times for busses to the parks, particularly MK busses. Is there anyone who's there now that could give an updated observation on wait times?

thanks alot:flower3:

Posting this from the club lounge. Enjoying some oatmeal and Hugh Jackman on the television behind me. The wifi seems to be best from this spot. If you're in the lounge and facing the windows/balcony, it's the table with two chairs on the right against the windows. It's pretty sporadic in the room and I had trouble with it at the table behind the couch. If you see someone hanging out in the lounge with a macbook air, that's me.

Thank you so much everyone for the good thoughts. Most likely it's absolutely nothing. Just bad circumstances that it's the first appointment I've ever missed and I'm on vacation without her and I was nervous about both of those things.

When I first checked in, I had a bit of culture shock, if that makes sense. We've stayed at the Poly, AKL, and WL. AKL is the resort we've been to most often. They're very different, which isn't bad, just different. I've really come to love it, though. And Stormalong Bay is just fabulous. The question isn't whether we'll come back, but whether we'll try the other side.

My oldest child is trying to read what I'm typing and I'm tempted to post something about how her hair looked on Buzz Lightyear last night and I'm going to put the ride photo up her for the world to see.

Tara, hope everything is OK with your child! I can't imagine how stressed you must be with not being at home.

Dee, thanks for the temp CL pics! I can't wait to see the new lounge when it's open. Where is the Presidential Suite on the 5th floor?

Teena, congrats!!!!! I like the new-and improved VoluntEars program this year, how about you? What non-CM's don't know is that Disney values volunteerism so much that they also donate money to the CM's non-profit of their choice. The amount donated depends on how many volunteer hours the CM puts in over a calendar year. This is another reason why TWDC is a fabulous employer! To qualify for the Presidential award the CM must donate 100+ hours in one year. It's an amazing feat!

When is your stay? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1?

I can TOTALLY appreciate your question. My first question on this board was about coffee.

I believe the studios have 4 cup Mr. Coffee style makers and the 1 BR and 2 BR have 10 cup Mr. Coffee makers. So filters and grounds.

:

Thank you. We are arriving August 28th thru Sept 1. Happy Birthday to me on the 30th. I am coming with my honey Joe and my grand daughter age 8-- Thank you much for the pictures

I can't comment on the bus service from BC- the only bus I took to a park was one from the Boardwalk where I had breakfast to the Magic Kingdom yesterday. Miserable!

It was around 8:30 or so. Two buses pulled up at the same time and I was told to go on either one. I picked the second one because the first one was getting full. Well, it was just me and one other couple. And then the bus stopped at the Swalphin. I think if I had gotten on the first one, it would have been a straight shot since there wasn't room to get others on. Word to the wise- I made the wrong choice.

Got to MK shortly after 9, I think.

Weather- HOT!!! :sunny:

The two days I was there, it was HOT, humid, but not brutally so. No afternoon thundershowers!!! Drink plenty of liquids. I seriously think I got dehydrated. Felt pretty lousy by the end of my morning at MK and still feeling so-so today.

Could also be the combination of that and late nights. You DISers are party animals!

:rotfl2:

What a week. Arriving tomorrow to the YC for our long planned holiday, minus our reason for this trip :( Our party of 3 is now a party of 2.

My GS has broken one of his big toes in a very complicated way, damaging not only the bones but also the cuticle, nail bed & growth plate. An open fracture which was seen in the emergency department not once but twice since Friday & horribly mismanaged. He ended up with 2 plus hours of emergency surgery on Monday afternoon thus ending his trip.

He is crushed, I am gutted. His Aunt (DD2) and I will be checking in with heavy hearts.

But.... I have quickly swung into planning mode once again because I am determined to make it up to him. So.. we could very well find ourselves back at the YC (GS's fav Resort;) ) in early December for a few nights post 3 night Bahamas Disney Cruise... never a dull moment.

Hoping for a dramatic mood change once on the plane tomorrow! Oh what a week. grrrrr...

Thanks Dee, for the pics of the lounge, I have been wanting to see it. It looks like they have completely blocked off access to the standing room only balconies:( There are terrific views from those balconies and watching the HS fireworks from there is awesome. It looks like there are tables that have a window seat!

I also see that they have access to the master bedroom blocked by plants, it would have been nice if they would have allowed tables to be set up in there as well since it has a huge balcony that overlooks the back entrance to the BC and is perfect for people watching, relaxing, and enjoying the club offerings.

Wondering what the new lounge will look like.

Home now. Teena just landed in Vegas a little while ago.

WHAT A TRIP!!!

Fabulous time with some great people (and awesome solo time, too). I have started jotting down notes for my trip report, and yes Janet, I already have all my chapter titles.

Hope everyone who is still around, and those of you with upcoming trips all have an amazing time.

Absolutely cracker photo :thumbsup2 Looking lovely ladies:goodvibes

Congratulations to Teena on receiving the award in recognition of her outstanding volunteer service.

Those of us fortunate enough to have met and gotten to know Teena have already realized that she's a real winner! :thumbsup2

I hope you are able to enjoy spending some time with your beautiful girls, and that you are not working too hard, Teena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter