There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! What a fantastic meet. It was so wonderful to meet and spend time with Y&BC friends. Really truly a wonderfully magical time!

Rebecca

Can anyone answer some minor questions about Beach Club for us?

1. Is the coffee maker a Keurig?

2. Is there turn down service in non-club rooms?

3. Are we given newspapers and if so which newspaper?

You might want to check out page one of this thread as i think the answers can be found there however, i beleive the Keurig is the standard in most rooms, turn down service if you call and ask, and no newspapaer that I ever remember. I bet there are some laying around in CL though if you are staying on that floor. I'd go to page one just to check and see if my memory is correct but I am at work and just don't have the time right now. Wanted to get back to you on this though before it gets lost in the DIS meet updates.

So I was sipping my last drink before my trip to MCO at Crew Cup yesterday afternoon and I heard someone order a Sunken Treasure! I knew it had to be someone from this thread and low and behold it was my friend Ninja Mom! We then ran over to give Teena a quick hug. Scott walked into the lobby at that moment so while I missed the official meet ( and Dee) we had a mini meet:cool1:

It was great meeting you yesterday.. Sadly I was quickly immersed into reality today

It was really cool that we had a Sunken Treasure mini meet. I knew I could sneak up behind you and ask for that drink. You almost got whiplash from turning around so fast to see who knew how to order that! LOL!!!

So great to meet everyone. I wanted to stay longer, but knew my kids were squirrelly. We met up with friends at MK and stayed until park close, which I haven't done in a few decades, I think.

Your kids were awesome at the meet last night. They were much better behaved than that Ninja Mom character who haunts this thread. They can come to our meets anytime!! :thumbsup2

So as Dee briefly alluded to we had a 1 am fire drill at the hotel Sunday night. I ran into Dee and Rebecca in the stairwell as we made our exit. I was trying to convince everyone that it was really just a pajama party as everyone exiting was showing off some mighty spiffy sleepware. I don't think you'd see such put together pajamas at a Value resort ;)

We were only out long enough for Ninja Mom to tell half the resort that she wasn't wearing any underwear and then it was time to go back in.

THEY HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE FIRE ALARM SYSTEM SO ALL IS WELL AND THERE NEED BE NO WORRIES. The staff at the Beach Club really did a professional job of handling our safety so that was great to see.

The Dis meet was awesome. I'd say it was a real hen fest but we had the guys there too and all had a great time. It's really saying something when the husbands can hang with all your BC/YC girl friends and still have a blast!

The next day Buzzy, Dee and I had an early, sunrise breakfast at Kouzinna. We sat outside and and enjoyed the beautiful views. After Dee left I said good bye to all the pictures on the wall of the Greek ancestors that I am not related to. I am going to miss Kouzina and I'm wondering how pasta pancakes are going to taste when that new Italian place takes over that location. :crazy2: As a consolation perhaps they will hang pictures of all the Italian relatives that I am not related to....::yes::
PS: I was Missing Nannette this morning!!!!!!

The weather down here is Hot Hot HOT so Missy and Franklin might want to turn on the heat at home to start pre gaming for the weather conditions. As we tour the parks we are in full mode of running from shady spot to shady spot and lingering in the gift shops until heat stroke subsides and you can move forward again.

Stormalong Bay is totally awesome in this weather with the water being neither to hot nor too cold. Dee and I stole some green buckets and shovels from some little kids so we could test out the sandy shallow play area. We just told the kids we were famous internet bloggers and we needed the buckets for research purposes. I had to stare down a 5 year old for a couple of minutes to get a bucket but then I screamed "Look! There's Elsa and Anna and she dropped it and ran to try and find them. Dopey Kid! Like Anna and Elsa would ever get a day off at the height of their popularity and vacation at the Beach Club. :sad2:

Synchronized Pool Tube team practice was a bit of a disaster. The expert lifeguards at the resort got one look at us and made us start out on pool noodles until we could build up our proficiency and progress to pool tubes. There were many wipe outs and much water up the nose. Tomorrow I'm running back to Walmart to purchase clothes pins for our noses in an effort to stem the tide so to speak... I don't suppose all those Sunken Treasures were helping our equilibrium but they sure were helping morale! :thumbsup2

So that's it for now. After the Dis meet it's all down hill from here. I'll just be trying to fast pass and survive the heat. Look for the lunatic hopscotching from shady spot to shady spot and gift shop to gift shop.

~NM

Can anyone answer some minor questions about Beach Club for us?

1. Is the coffee maker a Keurig?

2. Is there turn down service in non-club rooms?

3. Are we given newspapers and if so which newspaper?

The coffee maker in the rooms are Cuisinart. There is a picture on the first page of this thread. The Presidential Suite is a Keurig. I think the other suites might be also but not sure.

I believe you can request turn down service but it is not guaranteed. We did not request it but we had turn down service every night while we stayed CL in Sept. but when we were in the Presidential Suite, we didn't get it:confused3

I saw newspapers on the credenza outside of the lounge doors.

Hope this helps.

We are all checked in. Waiting on a room so having lunch at Market Place. Family checking in next to us are not part of our little Dis family as they were asking about showering at the spa.

The coffee maker in the rooms are Cuisinart. There is a picture on the first page of this thread. The Presidential Suite is a Keurig. I think the other suites might be also but not sure.

I believe you can request turn down service but it is not guaranteed. We did not request it but we had turn down service every night while we stayed CL in Sept. but when we were in the Presidential Suite, we didn't get it:confused3

I saw newspapers on the credenza outside of the lounge doors.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. My Kcup coffeemaker is manufactured by Cuisinart, so I am still undecided as to whether or not to bring my own kcups. I appreciate your response, though!

You might want to check out page one of this thread as i think the answers can be found there however, i beleive the Keurig is the standard in most rooms, turn down service if you call and ask, and no newspapaer that I ever remember. I bet there are some laying around in CL though if you are staying on that floor. I'd go to page one just to check and see if my memory is correct but I am at work and just don't have the time right now. Wanted to get back to you on this though before it gets lost in the DIS meet updates.
Thank you. I will inquire about turn down at check-in and check the first page. :)

Thank you. My Kcup coffeemaker is manufactured by Cuisinart, so I am still undecided as to whether or not to bring my own kcups. I appreciate your response, though!
I looked around this site and on the internet and it appears to be the same coffeemaker as we had at the Disneyland Resort July 2013. No K-cups. It used a pod much like a tea bag. Downside, not a fan of that coffee. The upside, I'LL BE AT DISNEY!

So excited. Driving down to Disney tomorrow (leaving at midnight) for what I hope to be a magical stay at the Yacht club. Stayed once before at a conference and loved it but never thought of spending my own money to stay there. The French Quarter has always been our home away from home, but I think that has now changed after we stayed at the Beach Club for the first time in March for my daughter's 21st birthday celebration and we were hooked. Can't wait to order a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and sit on the beach Thursday evening. :banana:

LOL.

Funniest thing ever just happened at MK. My mom and middle daughter got on PP (the rest of us were supposed to ride the mine train, which is down). Rather than give up our FP that can be used whenever, we decided to ride IASW while we waited for my mom and daughter. We get up to the boat and who is waiting to ride, but Dee. We hop in the boat with her. I'm thinking the odds of that happening are winning-the-lottery high. Trying to figure out how to paraphrase that line from Casablanca, but I need more coffee, I think.

:woohoo::banana::thumbsup2

What a great time last night! I already had met Dee and Teena, but how great to add NinjaMom, HockeyMom, Nettie, Robyn, MommyRosa, TaraK, and JanetMom to the list! And what a great great to briefly meet Couchy as I was waiting for a cab to WL on Sunday night.
For us, it's pool time, Epcot, and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Cindy at her castle tomorrow.

Oh, and LOVING YC-CL.
Practically perfect in every way. For real.

I'm looking forward to your review of Coral Reef...

We saw each other again waiting to get on the mine train. I'm worried I'll get struck by lightening at some point because the odds of that seem higher.

Woop. Met Ninjamom. Our first mini-meet.
We have our room. We overlook the quiet pool. Our Magicbands have gone AWOL fortunately the TragicBands we were given at check in have now been replaced with coloured ones. Phew! Heading out to Epcot soon and Princess Storybook Dinner.

Wi-fi seems to be working swimmingly from the lounge, which is good. Had to step out of the room of sleeping kids for a few moments. This is the first trip I've taken away from our youngest (two-and-a-half), and I was really nervous about it. She was born with a heart defect and had a pacemaker implanted at four days. To see her, you wouldn't know a thing was wrong with her. She had a cardiology appointment today and my husband took her. She's usually a total beast, so I was okay with passing that duty on for once. Still felt bad about not being there. And of course there was something abnormal for the first time since she was born. I'm in Florida until Sunday and trying very hard not to let on at all to my family that there's the slightest hint of anything being wrong. My oldest will sense it if I'm upset and she will absolutely flip out.

Sorry for dumping this here, because it's not really relevant to the BC/YC except if you see someone in the club lounge quietly freaking out with a glass of wine later on, you'll know why. To think I was bothered about a stupid view just a few days ago.

Wi-fi seems to be working swimmingly from the lounge, which is good. Had to step out of the room of sleeping kids for a few moments. This is the first trip I've taken away from our youngest (two-and-a-half), and I was really nervous about it. She was born with a heart defect and had a pacemaker implanted at four days. To see her, you wouldn't know a thing was wrong with her. She had a cardiology appointment today and my husband took her. She's usually a total beast, so I was okay with passing that duty on for once. Still felt bad about not being there. And of course there was something abnormal for the first time since she was born. I'm in Florida until Sunday and trying very hard not to let on at all to my family that there's the slightest hint of anything being wrong. My oldest will sense it if I'm upset and she will absolutely flip out. Sorry for dumping this here, because it's not really relevant to the BC/YC except if you see someone in the club lounge quietly freaking out with a glass of wine later on, you'll know why. To think I was bothered about a stupid view just a few days ago.

Tara - it was so nice to meet you. Prayers for your little one. : )

Rebecca

I'm looking forward to your review of Coral Reef...

Coral Reef food was fine. Service was a big fail.
With the exception of Flying Fish, restaurant service has been a fail across the board on this trip. So sad.
And we went back to FF for dessert and cocktails last night, and again, the staff was perfect.

I looked around this site and on the internet and it appears to be the same coffeemaker as we had at the Disneyland Resort July 2013. No K-cups. It used a pod much like a tea bag. Downside, not a fan of that coffee. The upside, I'LL BE AT DISNEY!

They have replaced the Nescacrap with Joffery's brand. I have not tried out the new pods available but have read if you use good water it is a fairly decent coffee.

http://www.joffreys.com/DisneyParksandResorts.aspx

To think I was bothered about a stupid view just a few days ago.

That's what family does tarak. Listen to each other freak out when needed.

We stayed at GF for two nights and our view was the dumpster/beep beep view. I understand. (And my wife still listens to me gripe about it two years later)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter