There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother and his girlfriend deploy the first week of January. He spontaneously calls and wants to go to WDW. I have 51 days to plan a full vacation!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Therefore, Mother and I (who just went in July) will be going for our first Food and Wine experience. More excitingly, my brother hasn't been to WDW in about 5 years and his GF has never been before. I'm so excited to take her and see her expression when she sees the castle--let alone their opinion of SAB. I hope they love it as much as I do!

Wi-fi seems to be working swimmingly from the lounge, which is good. Had to step out of the room of sleeping kids for a few moments. This is the first trip I've taken away from our youngest (two-and-a-half), and I was really nervous about it. She was born with a heart defect and had a pacemaker implanted at four days. To see her, you wouldn't know a thing was wrong with her. She had a cardiology appointment today and my husband took her. She's usually a total beast, so I was okay with passing that duty on for once. Still felt bad about not being there. And of course there was something abnormal for the first time since she was born. I'm in Florida until Sunday and trying very hard not to let on at all to my family that there's the slightest hint of anything being wrong. My oldest will sense it if I'm upset and she will absolutely flip out.

Sorry for dumping this here, because it's not really relevant to the BC/YC except if you see someone in the club lounge quietly freaking out with a glass of wine later on, you'll know why. To think I was bothered about a stupid view just a few days ago.

:hug:Thinking of you :hug:

I'm trying to set up some things through Amazon Pantry to be shipped to the BC and it's telling me that the
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
address is not valid?
Has anyone else tried to use Amazon Pantry to ship to the BC?

ETA: it likes the address as "Disney's Beach Club Resort, 1800 EPCOT RESORTS BLVD "

Wi-fi seems to be working swimmingly from the lounge, which is good. Had to step out of the room of sleeping kids for a few moments. This is the first trip I've taken away from our youngest (two-and-a-half), and I was really nervous about it. She was born with a heart defect and had a pacemaker implanted at four days. To see her, you wouldn't know a thing was wrong with her. She had a cardiology appointment today and my husband took her. She's usually a total beast, so I was okay with passing that duty on for once. Still felt bad about not being there. And of course there was something abnormal for the first time since she was born. I'm in Florida until Sunday and trying very hard not to let on at all to my family that there's the slightest hint of anything being wrong. My oldest will sense it if I'm upset and she will absolutely flip out.

Sorry for dumping this here, because it's not really relevant to the BC/YC except if you see someone in the club lounge quietly freaking out with a glass of wine later on, you'll know why. To think I was bothered about a stupid view just a few days ago.

Hopefully there is someone with you who can give you a hug!

Sorry for what you are going through. Enjoy the wine and give yourself a break, everyone needs one now and then. When you go back home you can start to deal with what may lay ahead. Will keep your family in my prayers. Now back to the regularly scheduled Yacht and Beach Club entertainment.

Hey deledger...... Here is a copy and paste from first page. More info there.

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?

The Yacht & Beach Club is a Convention resort so items that are shipped their by UPS or FedEx will be delivered to the convention mailing center and will be subject to a charge based on the weight of the item.

Because of this, it is often better to send items directly to resort via United States Postal Service (see instructions in the Other Useful Info Post)

I'm still working on this, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method???

Beach Club Marketplace, Dasani 24 pack, $16- need confirmation (no delivery fee)

Hess Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

Delivery Options:
Turner Drug, (407) 828-8125 - Cost? Delivery Fee?***
Staples- Cost? Delivery Fee? To front desk or convention center?
Garden Grocer- Cost? Minimum order required - See more at: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51446112&postcount=13#sthash.rBEZ6MGN.dpuf

Thanks but I was more wondering how much the fee is for the convention resort for the one package? I see everywhere that there is a fee but no actual dollar value! :confused3

Tara- thinking of you and your family! Absolutely ok to let it out here and wish I had given you extra hugs. Please post whatever you need to. let us know what you can when you are able. :hug:

On a completely different note:

WHAT A FANTASTIC TRIP!!!

so many stories. unfortunately what happens at the beach club stays at the beach club.

Just kidding!

I am at the airport waiting for my 7 pm flight. Teena just boarded her flight to Vegas and we got to visit for over an hour at the airport. Hockeymomr even came by to say bye to us.

Its a small world after all. Right Tara?

Thanks but I was more wondering how much the fee is for the convention resort for the one package? I see everywhere that there is a fee but no actual dollar value! :confused3

Last time I shipped something by FedEx to Beach Club, I looked at the sign in the Convention Center office. The fee for the package is based on weight. At that time, the fees were:
Up to 5 pounds: $3
5-20 pounds: $5
above 20 pounds: $10

Note that this handling fee is charged when something is shipped. If it is delivered by a local company, such as Garden Grocer or We Go Shop or Turner Drugs, it goes directly to the hotel, not to the Convention Center Office. Thus the fee listed above is not charged.

I'm trying to set up some things through Amazon Pantry to be shipped to the BC and it's telling me that the
1800 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
address is not valid?
Has anyone else tried to use Amazon Pantry to ship to the BC?

ETA: it likes the address as "Disney's Beach Club Resort, 1800 EPCOT RESORTS BLVD "

I haven't used Amazon Pantry. I did FedEx a package to myself. I used this as the shipping address:

Recipient’s Name: Disney’s Beach Club Villas Phone: 407-934-8000
Company Name: ______________________
Address: 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Address: Hold for guest [insert your name here]
City: Lake Buena Vista State: FL Zip: 32830

I had a case of water, an 8 pack of the small bottles of coke zero, hand soap, and some boxes of crackers and other snacks delivered through prime pantry last week. It was $10 to have it brought to the room, and they put it on the room folio. That does not include gratuity. Hope that helps you price it out! I think you can also go pick it up yourself from the convention's business center, but I am not sure what the cost would be.

Small world is right! The perfect ride for something like that to happen. :)

Ran into several other dis members today. Makes me want to coordinate vacations because it's such a great feeling to run into someone you know when surrounded by thousands of strangers.

My test of the wine cart in the club lounge went like this...

Out at the pool after having text message spree with my husband about cardiology appointment for Thing # 4. Order a Sunken Treasure. Fabulous, by the way. Order food for my kids because we have an ADR at 8:30 for BOG, but there's no way my kids will make it that long without something of substance. Completely botch the order and Thing # 2 gets a grilled cheese instead of nuggets. I give the grilled cheese to Thing # 3. He's fine until he figures out there is no nugget chaser to his grilled cheese. I toss him the extra grapes, which Thing #2 loathes. That is fine until he realizes he left his Iron Man goggles in the room.

I'm getting to the wine cart, I swear.

I ask him how we can fix the goggle issue, thinking he'll actually say, "go back to our room!" That Sunken Treasure was powerful stuff, apparently. After several attempts to get the answer I want, I give up and leave him collapsed on the pool deck next to my mom. I say I'll be back.

The wine cart is ready and waiting for me. I ask if I can take a glass to the pool. The lovely woman serving says she has to put it in a glass, but she has no idea where I got it. I grab a to-go cup from the lounge, pour my Pinot inside, grab the goggles, chat with Scott and Tom for a few minutes, then scoot out to the pool.

I had another glass after we got back to the lounge. At that point, a third glass was likely possible but unwise given the earlier Sunken Treasure. Tomorrow is a resort-only day, so I can try for the third glass and give everyone a definitive answer to the "can we get three glasses" question.

Oh, and my son did get his goggles in case anyone was concerned about that.

I had another glass after we got back to the lounge. At that point, a third glass was likely possible but unwise given the earlier Sunken Treasure. Tomorrow is a resort-only day, so I can try for the third glass and give everyone a definitive answer to the "can we get three glasses" question.

A woman after my own heart :flower3:

Ninja Mom
Yes, my neck has been sore from the whiplash:rotfl: But I heard Sunken Treasure and then my good friend Bill the bartender talk about how he has not made one of those in a while... and I knew , I just knew

What a great time last night! I already had met Dee and Teena, but how great to add NinjaMom, HockeyMom, Nettie, Robyn, MommyRosa, TaraK, and JanetMom to the list! And what a great great to briefly meet Couchy as I was waiting for a cab to WL on Sunday night.
For us, it's pool time, Epcot, and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Cindy at her castle tomorrow.

Oh, and LOVING YC-CL.
Practically perfect in every way. For real.

Coral Reef food was fine. Service was a big fail.
With the exception of Flying Fish, restaurant service has been a fail across the board on this trip. So sad.
And we went back to FF for dessert and cocktails last night, and again, the staff was perfect.
Scott- so glad we were able to mini meet!

Small world is right! The perfect ride for something like that to happen. :)

Ran into several other dis members today. Makes me want to coordinate vacations because it's such a great feeling to run into someone you know when surrounded by thousands of strangers.

My test of the wine cart in the club lounge went like this...

Out at the pool after having text message spree with my husband about cardiology appointment for Thing # 4. Order a Sunken Treasure. Fabulous, by the way. Order food for my kids because we have an ADR at 8:30 for BOG, but there's no way my kids will make it that long without something of substance. Completely botch the order and Thing # 2 gets a grilled cheese instead of nuggets. I give the grilled cheese to Thing # 3. He's fine until he figures out there is no nugget chaser to his grilled cheese. I toss him the extra grapes, which Thing #2 loathes. That is fine until he realizes he left his Iron Man goggles in the room.

I'm getting to the wine cart, I swear.

I ask him how we can fix the goggle issue, thinking he'll actually say, "go back to our room!" That Sunken Treasure was powerful stuff, apparently. After several attempts to get the answer I want, I give up and leave him collapsed on the pool deck next to my mom. I say I'll be back.

The wine cart is ready and waiting for me. I ask if I can take a glass to the pool. The lovely woman serving says she has to put it in a glass, but she has no idea where I got it. I grab a to-go cup from the lounge, pour my Pinot inside, grab the goggles, chat with Scott and Tom for a few minutes, then scoot out to the pool.

Oh, and my son did get his goggles in case anyone was concerned about that.

LOL... I would also try for the 3 wines...:cool1:

Can I just say how much I love YC? Just ate dinner (again) at Flying Fish, and was so full I decided to go back to our room where I was able to see both Illuminations AND Frozen fireworks from our balcony.

Head. Over. Heels.

Dee and Teena, have a great trip.

TaraK, so good to see you again. Keep us posted!

Hi!! Catching a 6:45 flight to the world tommorrow morning... It's surreal.. On one hand I can't believe we are going but on the other hand I feel like I already went!!! I've gone over this trip in my head so many times in the last yr and a half that I can picture it if I close my eyes lol ...that's it .. No more packing , planning, dinner reserving, FP+ strategizing ,room requesting, memory maker deciding ... Nothing .. All that's left is to enjoy this special time to focus on my family and let the memory making begin.. ( I've now changed my job description from home maker to memory maker lol) thanks to everyone who has offered me advice and suggestions over the last yr and a half .. I can't wait to reap the benefits of all your knowledge ... YC here we come!!! Aloha

I am back home. Hoping all who are lucky enough to still be there have a wonderful time!

BC was as special as ever. New restaurant for me - Loved our dinner at La Hacienda - had a really fantastic view of Illuminations and was delicious.

Rebecca

Thoughts to you Tara and your Thing #4. The worry must be tearing you up. I hope whatever it is, there's a good easy fix on her horizon.

Here's to your 3rd and even 4th glass of Pinot. Mom to mom.

So glad to finally meet everyone last night...what a great group!!

Went back to the BC this evening for our Cape May ADR and had another very nice dinner (yes, I'm a crab leg junkie:)). Headed over to DTD after dinner for a little shopping but it was a complete zoo so we didn't stick around very long and ended the night watching wishes from Gasparilla's here at the GF.

Sadly, we are nearing the end of our stay and will be leaving on Thursday but I'm trying not to be too upset since I know I'll be back at the world soon enough and trying the YC for the first time :).

Safe travels to all...

Tarak...thinking of you and your family :hug:

Home now. Teena just landed in Vegas a little while ago.

WHAT A TRIP!!!

Fabulous time with some great people (and awesome solo time, too). I have started jotting down notes for my trip report, and yes Janet, I already have all my chapter titles.

Hope everyone who is still around, and those of you with upcoming trips all have an amazing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!