There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee, I just wanted to let u know it was so nice of you to meet us this morning as we were getting ready to board magical express. Seeing your happy face posted to the column really started our vacation with some pixie dust!!

Dee, I just wanted to let u know it was so nice of you to meet us this morning as we were getting ready to board magical express. Seeing your happy face posted to the column really started our vacation with some pixie dust!!

A Ninja put me up on a post, although it should be on a pedestal ;) but did a Ninja put you up to THIS post?

Please say yes.

Dee

Teaser:

I'll be explaining the comment above in my trip report, which I will likely start tomorrow, and maybe I will even get to that part in the first installment.

:upsidedow

Another great day at YC!
Now sipping a cosmo at Ale and Compass.
Had a big surprise win for dinner at Tokyo Dinnng.

Tomorrow is "Frozen Park."

Does anyone know, can you feasibly do Fantasmic at 8:30 and Frozen Fireworks at 9:15?

OMG!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT picture IS STILL UP THERE.

I am laughing so hard right now I can't breathe..... Tears are squirting out of my eyes!!!!!!

I'd promise to take it down when I get back to the airport at the end of the week but I'm curious as to how long it would stay up....

Ai, yi, yi.....

~NM

Another great day at YC!
Now sipping a cosmo at Ale and Compass.
Had a big surprise win for dinner at Tokyo Dinnng.

Tomorrow is "Frozen Park."

Does anyone know, can you feasibly do Fantasmic at 8:30 and Frozen Fireworks at 9:15?

The word over on the Official Frozen Thread (yes! there really is one!) is that it is possible. You need to get out quick from Fantasmic and you won't make it to the stage show, but you can see the fireworks.

We are doing the Frozen Park tomorrow as well. We have a Fantasmic dinner package, but to be honest, I don't really like the show so will probably skip it in favour of coming back for some pool time. We can see the Frozen fireworks from our balcony.

DH managed to loose his Magic Band tonight on the Speedway at MK. The CMs couldn't find it in the cars, they did however find another one whilst looking and added it to the other 5 they had collected in the previous hour! Seems to be a ride where people loose bands. We had to trek over to Guest Services (at 8.40pm) and fight our way through the hordes waiting for the Main Street Parade. The band was cancelled and now he has a Tragic Band.

Is this a rabbit?

E17FAA73-1A67-4FB7-8D27-CEED22410E1C_zpsihvzwgne.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry, I have some more questions.

If we have checked out and want to use the pool where could we put our cell phones etc.

I have seen the lockers they have in one area, but I dont think I remember them having locks?

Would we have to bring our own lock, like one you would use at a gym?

Also has anyone shown up early for their Beaches and Cream adr and got seated. Our adr is for 5:30 the day we are catching the plane. I would have preferred earlier but that is all they have.

I was thinking of going early and seeing if we could get in etc.

Also do they seat adrs at the counter, because with all my back, mobility issues etc, there is no way I could sit there. I would just say no and wait for a table, booth etc.

In order to save time, I am going to have my ds look at the menu ahead of time so we can just go in and order immediately etc. I have been there and I am pretty much a turkey sand. gal. I hope our server doesnt think we are rude, but time is at a premium here.

Here is a Quick trip report since I am exhausted from the heat and the running around!!

This morning I had breakfast in France with Janet Mom. The husbands came with. It was fun. Nom.om.om. The breakfast quiche with ham and cheese was really tasty. You all should try going there for breakfast during your trips. The bakery in FRANCE opens at 9 am. As you are walking there be sure to tell everyone you see that there are no food courts at the Beach and Yacht clubs so you have to elevate your palate to fancy french breakfasts. Life is tough! ( PS. It is 1.2 miles round trip... Family Circus, Billy path rules).

I went down the pool slide today. It has been fixed and it is no longer bumpy in all the wrong places. If it is suitable for a "battered old bag" like myself then you will be fine. Bottom line: try the slide, it's not so bad on your bottom line...

JanetMom and I met up at Stormalong Bay for Synchronized Pool tube team practice. The choreographers say we are still not coordinated enough for the tubes so we stuck with the noodles. Tarak saw us struggling with the noodles and offered us style points. Pro tip: it's easier to ride a noodle if you are not wearing your flip flops IN the pool. (who knew!???)

The pool deck is hot on my tender tootsies. You are definitely going to want to wear pool shoes so you don't have to walk around at the pools barefoot.

In other news We got those cheap styrofoam coolers at Walmart. We are keeping the bottled water and beer in them and we are using the ice from the ice machines to keep things cool. This is really working out well for us so consider using them if you have a ton of stuff in your room fridge and you don't have room for the beverages.

I ran into Pink Girl in the Magic Kingdom. Her and her husband were being held hostage by her lovely young daughter who was running around the park like the Energizer bunny and dragging them with. They conquered MK in one day so it will be race tonight to see which one of them falls asleep the fastest!

Speaking of which it is time for me to end this and get some shut eye. You should hear all the snoring that is going on in my room now. I never saw people fall asleep so fast in my life.

Tomorrow: Hollywood studios in the morning and probably at night!

~NM

Sorry, I have some more questions.

If we have checked out and want to use the pool where could we put our cell phones etc.

I have seen the lockers they have in one area, but I dont think I remember them having locks?

Would we have to bring our own lock, like one you would use at a gym?

New lockers were installed recently along the poolside pathway near Beaches & Cream. I thought I took a picture showing where they are located but I don't see that right now. Near where the waterfall in the pool is.

There always seemed to be lockers available when I walked by and looked. I used a locker Tuesday, at 2 pm.

Lockers are quite large- I fit a backpack in comfortably and a lot more could have gone in there.

Outdoor Shower at Stormalong Bay- I think there are a few scattered in the pool area. This one is located behind the stairs that lead to the gazebo area over Hurricane Hanna's

:goodvibes

Also has anyone shown up early for their Beaches and Cream adr and got seated. Our adr is for 5:30 the day we are catching the plane. I would have preferred earlier but that is all they have.

I was thinking of going early and seeing if we could get in etc.

Also do they seat adrs at the counter, because with all my back, mobility issues etc, there is no way I could sit there. I would just say no and wait for a table, booth etc.

In order to save time, I am going to have my ds look at the menu ahead of time so we can just go in and order immediately etc. I have been there and I am pretty much a turkey sand. gal. I hope our server doesnt think we are rude, but time is at a premium here.

Not sure about the answers to your Beaches & Cream questions, but it doesn't hurt to try to check in early- let the hostess know you are leaving that day, and do the same with the waitress.

As you suggested, be ready to order your food when the waiter/waitress comes over to take your beverage order and ask for check when you get your food.

:thumbsup2

page 211-214

Catching up!

Had to share my excitement about 2 weeks ago I planned an extended weekend getaway to celebrate my moms 89 th birthday Did a split stay at CBR and YC well today is check in at YC. We get to the front desk and Scott says ooh I got a surprise got you what did you request online? The only thing I asked for was a higher room. Well we got a high room alright upgraded to CL!! :banana::banana: mom and I are currently enjoying our evening hors d'oeuvres and a glass of wine! and I'm changing my FP+ plans for tomorrow so we can hang out at YC all day long! What an awesome weekend!!!!!

:welcome:

Congratulations on your upgrade! That is fantastic!

:yay:

:thumbsup2 I agree-everyone has different opinions!
Flying fish was good for me-not for DH(his fish overcooked)-so never again

I cant WAIT to get to the Yacht Club in Nov-so excited to be THAT close to the Food & Wine festival!!!! (and not have to take a darn bus home at night afterwards):cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Love this resort!

:welcome: to the thread.

I couldn't agree more!

:goodvibes:

Looking to get added to the Be Our Guest post
Dates 9/12-9/17 Staying at BC Celebrating a 70th Birthday

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Hello, everyone! We will be staying at the Boardwalk this Friday night before our Disney Fantasy cruise and we are hoping to book the bounceback offer to stay at the Beach Club next August. I am trying to decide between a standard club level room and a deluxe club level room. We are a family of 5, my girls will be 17, 14, and 10 at the time we travel. I like the extra space of the deluxe rooms but I do not like that they are not on the same floor as the lounge. I am also surprised to read that some do not have full balconies. With the standard club level rooms, I like that they are all on the 5th floor but I know very few have the daybed which may mean having to get a rollaway. I also hate that they have roof top and parking lot views. For those who are familiar, which would you pick in our situation? Is the space in the deluxe room that much greater? Are the views that much better? Was it a pain not to be on the same floor as the lounge? Thanks in advance for your help!

Let us know if you book.

What is the approx. price difference?

I haven't stayed in a Deluxe room, but in a minute I will post a link to the Deluxe Room thread so you can look at some of the pictures of the rooms.

ETA: Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

We are staying at the BC (first time) December 9th-12 in a CL Deluxe room before we go "home" to the WL. But monorailbob'sdd, I can tell you that on previous visits we have stayed at the WL CL in a deluxe room (also not on the CL floor) and we didn't find it too terribly bad. For us (a party of five) the extra room was more important than being able to step right into the lounge, but YMMV.

:welcome: and thanks for the input!

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list, so I will add you.

:cheer2:

We arrive next week for our 12 day stay at the BC. We booked a standard view, requested either first floor or large balcony. Any chance we will get what is requested since we are staying for such a long time? 8/26 - 9/7.

Also, online check in or No? we will not arrive at resort until at least 9:00 pm or later...

I think there is a good chance you will get your request. With such a long stay, are you willing to move early in the stay if you don't get your request when you check in? If so, let them know when you arrive.

You will save a little time with online checkin since you will have already provided credit card info in advance.

We arrived at WDW on Friday night. We had sushi dinner at Kimonos and had our desserts at Beaches and Cream. We than checked into AKL for next 6 nights. Today was our Epcot day so we stopped by BC to say hello to Teena. :woohoo: It was so good to see her and we actually ran into Dee! :good vibes I can't make to the meet tonight since my mom's flight leaves at 8 and I have to drop her off at MCO. I can't wait until Thursday to check in to YC for our second part of the trip.

I am so glad I had a chance to meet you and your son!

I have a couple of pictures. With your permission, I will post them here or if you prefer I don't, I'll email them to you through the DIS if you have that feature set up.

:)

p. 215-216

Thank you, all... for such wonderful information & helpful tips.

Our family of 4 has enjoyed previous stays at BC. Checking into YC for our first visit with them on October 14th!

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

So I was sipping my last drink before my trip to MCO at Crew Cup yesterday afternoon and I heard someone order a Sunken Treasure! I knew it had to be someone from this thread and low and behold it was my friend Ninja Mom! We then ran over to give Teena a quick hug. Scott walked into the lobby at that moment so while I missed the official meet ( and Dee) we had a mini meet:cool1:

I am so sorry that we barely missed meeting! We were passing each other on the Magical/Tragical Express on Sunday.

Next time!

So happy the meet was a hit and you were able to be there! Please give us a crowd report from this morning...we plan to be at MK rope drop one week from today.

I hope you packed a sweatshirt for the ride home. It's 49 degrees!!!:confused3
Safe travels.

Quick report.

Arrived at MK around 9. Good amount of elbow room. Had a FP for Mine Train at 9:35, but it was down (rode later, around noon, standby was 75 min). Rode twice on Pirates, no wait at 9:30. My other rides were FP. Peter Pan and Big Thunder. I think the standby for Big Thunder was 20 min at 11:30. Left the park around 1.

At the airport had a blast a YC CL
Add me on to the Be Our Guest thread! Just booked the bounce back for October 17-20 at YC!!!!!!

Got it!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Can anyone answer some minor questions about Beach Club for us?

1. Is the coffee maker a Keurig?

2. Is there turn down service in non-club rooms?

3. Are we given newspapers and if so which newspaper?

1. No- the regular rooms have the Cuisinart pods. I posted a reply to someone else yesterday with pictures. You can also find info all about coffee at the resort on Post 14 (Other Useful Info) on Page 1 of this thread.

2. Not normally, but I believe you can request it. Contact Housekeeping, I think.

3. Newspapers are not delivered to each room, but are available in a stack near the elevators. Not sure which ones. USA today???

LOL.

Funniest thing ever just happened at MK. My mom and middle daughter got on PP (the rest of us were supposed to ride the mine train, which is down). Rather than give up our FP that can be used whenever, we decided to ride IASW while we waited for my mom and daughter. We get up to the boat and who is waiting to ride, but Dee. We hop in the boat with her. I'm thinking the odds of that happening are winning-the-lottery high. Trying to figure out how to paraphrase that line from Casablanca, but I need more coffee, I think.

"It's a Small World After All"

I haven't been on this ride in YEARS. But my FP time for Peter Pan was not due yet and it was too HOT to go very far. Had just texted Mark to say I was going on and he asked "Alone?". I replied "Yes." Then I saw you in the loading area for the next ride in my lane. So glad you agreed to join me!

I have a couple of pictures of you and the kids on the ride. I can post here, but only with your permission. I'll email them to you.

I haven't read further to see if you also posted that "We vill meet again" and ride Mine Train together.

ETA: I see that you did mention that. :)

:lmao:

page 217-220

I looked around this site and on the internet and it appears to be the same coffeemaker as we had at the Disneyland Resort July 2013. No K-cups. It used a pod much like a tea bag. Downside, not a fan of that coffee. The upside, I'LL BE AT DISNEY!

Yes, exactly! We were at Grand Californian this July and it is the same Cuisinart pod coffee makers at DLR and the Yacht and Beach Club regular rooms.

So excited. Driving down to Disney tomorrow (leaving at midnight) for what I hope to be a magical stay at the Yacht club. Stayed once before at a conference and loved it but never thought of spending my own money to stay there. The French Quarter has always been our home away from home, but I think that has now changed after we stayed at the Beach Club for the first time in March for my daughter's 21st birthday celebration and we were hooked. Can't wait to order a drink at Hurricane Hannah's and sit on the beach Thursday evening. :banana:

Hope you have a great trip- Don't have you on the B.O.G. list, so I will add you and give a :welcome: if you are new to this thread.

Heading back to MCO tonight. Is there anywhere to shower after swimming at SAB?

Too late for your reply. I was at the airport Tuesday night, too. If you were in the SW terminal, you could have joined the mini-meet with me, Teena, HockeyMomr and her mom!

I took a picture of one of the outdoor showers. Not impressed, but it is something. I am going to add the picture to my post about the lockers for those with last day trips to the pool.

:(

My brother and his girlfriend deploy the first week of January. He spontaneously calls and wants to go to WDW. I have 51 days to plan a full vacation!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Therefore, Mother and I (who just went in July) will be going for our first Food and Wine experience. More excitingly, my brother hasn't been to WDW in about 5 years and his GF has never been before. I'm so excited to take her and see her expression when she sees the castle--let alone their opinion of SAB. I hope they love it as much as I do!

Good to have you back!!! October? Which resort?

Thank you to your brother for his service and to his girlfriend and your family for your sacrifices!

Hi!! Catching a 6:45 flight to the world tommorrow morning... It's surreal.. On one hand I can't believe we are going but on the other hand I feel like I already went!!! I've gone over this trip in my head so many times in the last yr and a half that I can picture it if I close my eyes lol ...that's it .. No more packing , planning, dinner reserving, FP+ strategizing ,room requesting, memory maker deciding ... Nothing .. All that's left is to enjoy this special time to focus on my family and let the memory making begin.. ( I've now changed my job description from home maker to memory maker lol) thanks to everyone who has offered me advice and suggestions over the last yr and a half .. I can't wait to reap the benefits of all your knowledge ... YC here we come!!! Aloha

Hope you have a fantastic trip!!!

What a week. Arriving tomorrow to the YC for our long planned holiday, minus our reason for this trip :( Our party of 3 is now a party of 2.

My GS has broken one of his big toes in a very complicated way, damaging not only the bones but also the cuticle, nail bed & growth plate. An open fracture which was seen in the emergency department not once but twice since Friday & horribly mismanaged. He ended up with 2 plus hours of emergency surgery on Monday afternoon thus ending his trip.

He is crushed, I am gutted. His Aunt (DD2) and I will be checking in with heavy hearts.

But.... I have quickly swung into planning mode once again because I am determined to make it up to him. So.. we could very well find ourselves back at the YC (GS's fav Resort;) ) in early December for a few nights post 3 night Bahamas Disney Cruise... never a dull moment.

Hoping for a dramatic mood change once on the plane tomorrow! Oh what a week. grrrrr...

So sorry to hear about your GS's injury :(

Hope you are able to put it behind you, have a fantastic trip and come on back for a stay in December. Let us know.

:grouphug:

Thanks Dee, for the pics of the lounge, I have been wanting to see it. It looks like they have completely blocked off access to the standing room only balconies:( There are terrific views from those balconies and watching the HS fireworks from there is awesome. It looks like there are tables that have a window seat!

I also see that they have access to the master bedroom blocked by plants, it would have been nice if they would have allowed tables to be set up in there as well since it has a huge balcony that overlooks the back entrance to the BC and is perfect for people watching, relaxing, and enjoying the club offerings.

Wondering what the new lounge will look like.

Our first room at the Beach Club overlooked the back entrance and I agree, best people-watching ever!

My magic bands are on their way!!! I'll be at the BCR in 31 days!!! Can't decide where I want to eat lunch our first afternoon. Thinking about either Hurricane Hannah's, the Boardwalk Bakery, or going over to the counter service in France! :goodvibes
we went over to the counter service in France on our arrival day in March. I had the most delicious lobster bisque soup ever. :)

page 121-123

We've had a fun relaxing day at the YC enjoying every last drop until we move tomorrow to the WL for the remainder of our trip :cloud9: hope our time there will be as magical as our time at the YC as been :love:

So glad you had a great stay!

Hi everyone! My son and I are having a great time here. It is so hot here!!! I am used to April and Oct. Lol. We have lived in the park this trip and have done a lot of new stuff. Tomorrow we are heading to HS in the morning and then in the magical depress by 3pm. If anyone is headed there let me know. :-)

We are staying at POP this trip which has been perfect for the two of us, however every time the bus goes by the YC/BC exit, I get a little teary. Lol

Have a good night all!!

Thanks for your report!

Our trips have all been in July and August, so I am used to hot. I don't even think it was all that humid, and we didn't have thundershowers, but it seemed really HOT to me!

:cool2:

Hi! We returned from our trip late Sunday night and I'm finally starting to not feel exhausted:crazy2: This was our first stay at BC and it was everything we hoped it would be! We're already planning for next year:cool1: We were in a LV daybed room on the 2nd floor overlooking the lake and it was such a beautiful view. I had requested a large balcony and did online check in. We arrived at 10am and our room was ready by 11. SAB was amazing, and we made a point to return each afternoon to spend at least a little time there. The food at the marketplace was really good and we had breakfast there on the run one day and sandwiches for lunch twice. We were all very impressed with the food quality. Beaches and cream was a little disappointing as the food was fine, but nothing special. My DDs did really enjoy the Mickey pants sundae though;) DH and I ate at Yachtsman and it was easily our favorite meal of the trip. We had great servers at almost all of our meals and the food quality was especially good this trip, but the Yachtsman really stood out for us in both the food and the service. The only disappointing meal of the trip was San Angel Inn. We will not be returning here anytime soon:sad2: We also enjoyed a relaxing breakfast at the Captain's Grille. The buffet was delicious and my DH had the lemon ricotta pancakes which were yummy. Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the info and advice:flower3: I felt really prepared and excited for this trip because of it:thumbsup2 Even though I'm a WDW vet, we'd never stayed in the Epcot area before and all of the tips here helped immensely::yes:: Thanks so much and we can't wait to get back!

Thanks for your report and so glad to hear you had a great stay. If you by any chance have photos of your room/view, if you could either add them to the view thread, or even email them to me at beachclubdee at yahoo, I would appreciate it.

Beach Club Room Views

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter